This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 80 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I was being a little facetious with that comment.

Cosgrove should never have been sent off, morelos had to go because he was being, well he was being morelos. He should have been.off on Sunday too by alas not. 

Not sure where facetious came from, it was a heat of the moment comment after cosgrove was wrongly.sent off. @RenfrewBlue

Great point for the ‘well!

Well deserved point I thought.

Celtic probably had about 70% possession and 1 shot from open play I can remember and although a well taken goal, it came when our right back was off getting treatment.

Penalty looked incredibly soft, but didn’t appear much wrong with the goal Celtic had disallowed. Think Motherwell had 4 yellow cards to celtics 0, yet Kieran Tierney put in the worst tackle of the game.

(all this said without the benefit of replays, so I may be havering pish)

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I was being a little facetious with that comment.

Cosgrove should never have been sent off, morelos had to go because he was being, well he was being morelos. He should have been.off on Sunday too by alas not. 

Fair enough. I've not seen any of the game but looking at the stats Rangers didn't do anywhere near enough.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Aberdeen...

-  if we win our 2 games in hand we will be a point off of (current) top place Killie. (Congrats to them!)

- bids for 'Man Mountain' McKenna will now start at 15M

-  Dandies undefeated v Sevco over the last 4 fixtures. (That includes 2 consecutive clean sheet victories in Glasgow.)

('RenfrewBlue' has already lost our 'Sunshine Appeal' bet with a remarkable 6 points still to play for.)

I was just going to post a Congratulations to you on this as well as firing off a "disgusted of Renfrew" complaint to Ibrox. 😉

Glad I decided to catch up on the thread beforehand. I'll sort that out in the morning and send you a screenshot. 

Congratulations again Scotty. 

Feck me. Was away watching a film   (... enjoyed it.)

Had a peek on here to see what's been going on and  ...an earthquake!   Old firm stymied.   Killie TOTL.   Is it the sixties?   My film BTW was a re-run of Goodbye Lenin!

Oh, and aye, Accies humped by Dundee 😪

Nostrovia!

Too many changes for Celtic but we have played a lot of games this season and have a huge game next Thursday.

We can't keep missing penalties when we get them. We must miss more penalties than most teams in Europe, going right back to Larsson. 

Hayes is simply not good enough and we look less dynamic with Brown in the team. We badly missed Forrest and Rogic. 

Well done to Killie. They keep getting results.  

20 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Too many changes for Celtic but we have played a lot of games this season and have a huge game next Thursday.

We can't keep missing penalties when we get them. We must miss more penalties than most teams in Europe, going right back to Larsson. 

Hayes is simply not good enough and we look less dynamic with Brown in the team. We badly missed Forrest and Rogic. 

Well done to Killie. They keep getting results.  

Was Hayes back last night? That must be hi first game in months, is it?

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Great point for the ‘well!

Well deserved point I thought.

Celtic probably had about 70% possession and 1 shot from open play I can remember and although a well taken goal, it came when our right back was off getting treatment.

Penalty looked incredibly soft, but didn’t appear much wrong with the goal Celtic had disallowed. Think Motherwell had 4 yellow cards to celtics 0, yet Kieran Tierney put in the worst tackle of the game.

(all this said without the benefit of replays, so I may be havering pish)

Aye, if you watch it back you'll see the penalty is a stonewaller, even going by recent Celtic v Motherwell standards:lol: You're right about the goal though, nothing wrong with it.

People are complaining about Rodgers changing too much and the players coming in disappointing, but on any other day you'd be 3-0 up at half time and cruising. One of those days where things don't go your way.

35 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Aye, if you watch it back you'll see the penalty is a stonewaller, even going by recent Celtic v Motherwell standards:lol: You're right about the goal though, nothing wrong with it.

People are complaining about Rodgers changing too much and the players coming in disappointing, but on any other day you'd be 3-0 up at half time and cruising. One of those days where things don't go your way.

I agree with all of that, however some of the managers decisions were baffling last night. Ntcham left mid? Leaving Forrest on the bench the whole night when we are struggling to create against a makeshift defence? Failing to address the obvious problem a deep lying Scott Brown was causing? I'm not prone to overreaction, so let's just say it wasn't Brendan's finest hour 

Edited by slasher

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

I agree with all of that, however some of the managers decisions were baffling last night. Ntcham left mid? Leaving Forrest on the bench the whole night when we are struggling to create against a makeshift defence? Failing to address the obvious problem a deep lying Scott Brown was causing? I'm not prone to overreaction, so let's just say it wasn't Brendan's finest hour 

Certainly didn't cover himself in glory, but it all would have been overlooked had the day panned out as it should have. Anyway, my biggest concern for Rodgers is his blind spot for Sinclair. Can't stand to see him in the team nowadays. Like playing with a man down.

2 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Certainly didn't cover himself in glory, but it all would have been overlooked had the day panned out as it should have. Anyway, my biggest concern for Rodgers is his blind spot for Sinclair. Can't stand to see him in the team nowadays. Like playing with a man down.

Agree with that again. Hayes wasn't great but he certainly offered more than Sinclair. He should have brought on Forrest for Ntcham and switched Hayes over to the left. What's happening with Morgan.....he seems to have disappeared again?

25 minutes ago, slasher said:

Agree with that again. Hayes wasn't great but he certainly offered more than Sinclair. He should have brought on Forrest for Ntcham and switched Hayes over to the left. What's happening with Morgan.....he seems to have disappeared again?

Just down the pecking order I think. Him and Johnstone would benefit massively from a loan move.

Read on Twitter that since Clarke took over at Kilmarnock, he'd be 3 points behind Celtic? I know Rodgers is yet to get the better of him. Obviously he'd have the chance to equal that points tally on Saturday if Kilmarnock to win. That is absolutely wild if true. Keep waiting for them to drop off a little, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Incredible job he's done so far.

Edited by Tartan_McCole