This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 71 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Cracking stat on the Motherwell site, which although I’ve not fact checked, appears correct off the top of my head.

Since the start of last season Motherwell have played 70 games.

Craig Thomson has sent off 6 players in the 7 he has officiated. (2 overturned, 2 for 2nd yellows, 2 debateable*)

Other 63 games has seen 3 red cards for Motherwell.

So we average 1 red card a game with Thomson in charge, 1 in every 20 games without.

:shocked:

*Kipre red card for Sinclair dive in league cup final and Carson for Handling on edge of box at Mcdiarmid, video inconclusive.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Cracking stat on the Motherwell site, which although I’ve not fact checked, appears correct off the top of my head.

Since the start of last season Motherwell have played 70 games.

Craig Thomson has sent off 6 players in the 7 he has officiated. (2 overturned, 2 for 2nd yellows, 2 debateable*)

Other 63 games has seen 3 red cards for Motherwell.

So we average 1 red card a game with Thomson in charge, 1 in every 20 games without.

:shocked:

*Kipre red card for Sinclair dive in league cup final and Carson for Handling on edge of box at Mcdiarmid, video inconclusive.

So, I guess what you are trying to tell us is that Thomson is the only half decent ref in Scotland?

On 11/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, Ormond said:

😁

My nephew has just been in combining that St Mirren didn't have a poppy on their shirt at the weekend. 

Had a look at the highlights on BBC site and I couldn't see one but the top is red so not sure if it's just my phone resolution. 

Seems a bit odd if it is true. 

And before the usual arseholes jump on the bandwagon I'm not on here to berate anyone, I'm just interested to k ow if it was the case and if there was a reason for it. 

My nephew is 20 and a season ticket holder and is quite upset about it. He has apparently been taking a pounding at College, down in Greenock, funnily enough. 😀 

Edited by RenfrewBlue
Quoting Ormond for some reason! Sorry.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

My nephew has just been in combining that St Mirren didn't have a poppy on their shirt at the weekend. 

Had a look at the highlights on BBC site and I couldn't see one but the top is red so not sure if it's just my phone resolution. 

Seems a bit odd if it is true. 

And before the usual arseholes jump on the bandwagon I'm not on here to berate anyone, I'm just interested to k ow if it was the case and if there was a reason for it. 

My nephew is 20 and a season ticket holder and is quite upset about it. He has apparently been taking a pounding at College, down in Greenock, funnily enough. 😀 

Why do you find it odd???

6 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Why do you find it odd???

Because every other team had poppies on their strips. 

Because as far as I know, they normally have a poppy on their strips. 

And because the usual hand wringing hasn't been all over these boards about it. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Imagine getting upset as your team never had a poppy on the strip.  

Jeez.

He's only 20 but has learning difficulties so is a lot younger in a lot of ways. 

Imagine criticising people you don't know anything about because they think differently to you? Jeez. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He's only 20 but has learning difficulties so is a lot younger in a lot of ways. 

Imagine criticising people you don't know anything about because they think differently to you? Jeez. 

You didn't mention he had learning difficulties at first. In normal circumstances, a 20 year old boy getting upset about a poppy not being on a football top would be something to be ridiculed, let's be honest.