This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 69 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

12 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Having watched the game I think the first yellow was very harsh as Morelos made the challenge look worse than it was. Second yellow was probably harsh as well, definite penalty though. That said Motherwell totally capitulated when they went 2-1 down. 

It looked like the first booking was for speaking back to the ref rather than the challenge itself from where I was, but I was a bit away.

Edited by theweestevie

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

You called a red.

Was it justified?

I thought initial booking was a foul and no more. Mchugh was silly to bring himself to the refs attention immediately after. I’ve not seen a conclusive angle of the 2nd yellow for handball, but if it did strike his hand I find it hard to believe it was deliberate...

8 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Having watched the game I think the first yellow was very harsh as Morelos made the challenge look worse than it was. Second yellow was probably harsh as well, definite penalty though. That said Motherwell totally capitulated when they went 2-1 down. 

I know Scotty likes a conspiracy theory.

Motherwell were playing well and growing into a game at 1-1 and 11v11, Rangers get a penalty and Motherwell go down to 10 men, games a bogey.

Familiar theme to Motherwell and Craig Thomson.

We have a referee who sent off 5 Motherwell players last season and our manager publicly criticised him for it and he gets BOTH our games v Rangers....

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought initial booking was a foul and no more. Mchugh was silly to bring himself to the refs attention immediately after. I’ve not seen a conclusive angle of the 2nd yellow for handball, but if it did strike his hand I find it hard to believe it was deliberate...

I know Scotty likes a conspiracy theory.

Motherwell were playing well and growing into a game at 1-1 and 11v11, Rangers get a penalty and Motherwell go down to 10 men, games a bogey.

Familiar theme to Motherwell and Craig Thomson.

We have a referee who sent off 5 Motherwell players last season and our manager publicly criticised him for it and he gets BOTH our games v Rangers....

Doesn't explain a 7-1 spanking though. Your players just gave up.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

So nothing to do with the Huns then aye?

I'm sorry, I had assumed you meant Rangers had been involved in organising it. I didn't think the mere fact that one of the pipers involved was a Rangers fan was enough to set you slavering shite. 

My bad. 

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Countries get threatened and attacked, though.

No one hates wars more than those that have to fight in them.

(My Dad hardly said a peep.)

Once a mason reaches the third degree of 'enlightenment' he becomes a 'master' mason.

The tribunal discovered otherwise.

Anyway, here's Shay with my great-nephew a few months ago...

2wg69ew.jpg

A great guy who has suffered racial abuse and continues to suffer slander.

You called a red.

Was it justified?

A tribunal, but absolutely no proof. One guys word against another. I'm in no way saying it didn't happen, nor is this why I think he's a wank. Just dont think he carries himself well and is very unlikeable. And comparing your kids knobs online is fucking weird.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Anyway, stay classy union bears, you utter cunts!

DrwG9lvWsAA5-_O.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45560330

Is that story the reason for the banner? I must be missing something because I can't see what the news article has to do with Rangers. Or was the guy who tried to run folk over a Union Bear? 

Doesn't really matter as he should have been done for attempted murder and being a fucking lunatic. 

Hopefully all of the adults involved in the incident on each side grow the fuck up and start behaving like humans. 

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

From Twitter so might not be true but...

James Tavernier has scored more penalties this season than the other eleven Scottish Premiership clubs combined 😂

Sounds about right.

Teams that play the more attacking football tend to get more penalties :ok:

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

A tribunal, but absolutely no proof. One guys word against another. 

One reliable person's truth v one unreliable person's version, as it turned out.

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

And comparing your kids knobs online is fucking weird.

It isn't something that would be recommended. 

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Anyway, stay classy union bears, you utter cunts!

DrwG9lvWsAA5-_O.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45560330

Coming from the support who contact the employers of folk who say anything negative about their club on social media. Self awareness isn't their strong point. Fucking clowns

9 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

From Twitter so might not be true but...

James Tavernier has scored more penalties this season than the other eleven Scottish Premiership clubs combined 😂

Hey it's not our fault if other teams miss penalties. Haven't St Johnstone miss 3 pens in their last few games?

If anyone's wanting non Twitter stats:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-premiership/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/SC1

Edited by theweestevie

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is that story the reason for the banner? I must be missing something because I can't see what the news article has to do with Rangers. Or was the guy who tried to run folk over a Union Bear? 

Apparently so.

Ironically they have shone a light on a story most folk appear to have missed.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Apparently so.

Ironically they have shone a light on a story most folk appear to have missed.

I honestly don’t know why anyone would want to associate themselves with a club like the Huns unless they are scum themselves. No self respecting person would follow a club which attracts scum and openly encourages bigotry. 

48 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I honestly don’t know why anyone would want to associate themselves with a club like the Huns unless they are scum themselves. No self respecting person would follow a club which attracts scum and openly encourages bigotry. 

just re-read my post. I didn't mean all huns were scum, I put that across the wrong way but I do stand by the rest of my post. 

58 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It’s a big banner, a decent amount of time, effort and money gone into that.

I presume the club security check them, so gave that the green light? Admittedly at 1st glance most people would have no idea what it was about.

I’m sure they’ll release a statement about poor refereeing and fan behaviour later today.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

just re-read my post. I didn't mean all huns were scum, I put that across the wrong way but I do stand by the rest of my post. 

Aaawe. But am still scum though? As well as rolling jaikie and trolling hills. I have no pals and no affection on here. Big ramy puts up with me because i make him look like a jehovas witness ☺