This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 62 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

54 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

all it does is stir up the bambots in their support

That’s it’s sole intention, to show they are defiantly standing up for the oppressed Rangers against the ant-Rangers SFA, BBC or whoever is the villain of the day.

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Ach, they'll get a soft penalty at the weekend and all will be forgiven.

Craig Thomson does love to send off a motherwell player for fuck all.

I'm quite happy that Rangers have made a complaint about the decision. It was absolutely ridiculous and needs highlighting. 

The petulant, attention seeking, pathetic statement was an absolute reddy of epic proportions. How anyone of any official capacity at the club can approve of this is beyond me. 

An utter fuckwit must have written it and a yellow bellyed wimp has approved it. 

I hope every club that feels hard done to by the appaling refereeing standard complains too. How else will we see improvement? The current body appears to be fine with the level we have just now.. 

I'd also like to see clubs come out and commend refs when they do a good job. This doesn't happen often enough either. You can't formally complain about stuff if you're not willing to give proper credit when it's due. 

How bad was Collum in the game?

I’ve only seen 1 bad decision, were their others?

It was a bad call, and Collum has previous for high profile blunders.

I presume the rules on appeals and things are put to the member clubs and they pass them?

Yes, it’s a quirk of the system when it’s a 2nd yellow card, but where do you draw the line? 5 yellow cards triggers a ban, can you appeal the 5th? Retrospectively go back 6 months and appeal the 1st one...

34 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Kin hell, do Aberdeen actually pay Stevie May to be a professional footballer? 

Standing ovation from Dons fans when he’s subbed.

Either Dons fans are thick as feck or I’m clueless about football.

Probably the latter 😀

Edited by Jersey Jim

17 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Probably the latter 😀

I'd imagine the ovation was for putting in a good shift and because most fans are desperate for him to do well.

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Probably the latter 😀

No, I think you're right. He did well defensively but as an attacking player he was worse than useless. 

Some of his touches were nearly as bad as mine. 

3 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Probably the latter 😀

Is say you’re clueless about football. 

Stevie May was outstanding tonight, work rate was 100%, fought for everything and caused Hibs defence no end of problems, you probably seen differently from your settee though. 

OK... Got the entire replay under my belt now...

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

We have the advantage of being able to follow May closely week in and week out.

We know where he's been, and he's definitely coming on (and we're encouraging him).

I've always said that I don't mind losing fair and square as long as we put in the effort.

Tonight, Stevie (although he didn't score and perhaps should have) definitely put in the effort.

Credit to both teams for trying to play football in that.

GMS motm. A very well taken goal.

Honourable mentions to Logan, Lowe, Shinnie, and Ferguson.

Effe solid again, and Porteous has a future (despite that wee blip).

5 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Probably the latter 😀

No, you're not clueless.

You just know your team better than you know ours.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

OK... Got the entire replay under my belt now...

We have the advantage of being able to follow May closely week in and week out.

We know where he's been, and he's definitely coming on (and we're encouraging him).

I've always said that I don't mind losing fair and square as long as we put in the effort.

Tonight, Stevie (although he didn't score and perhaps should have) definitely put in the effort.

Credit to both teams for trying to play football in that.

GMS motm. A very well taken goal.

Honourable mentions to Logan, Lowe, Shinnie, and Ferguson.

Effe solid again, and Porteous has a future (despite that wee blip).

No, you're not clueless.

You just know your team better than you know ours.

Ive now watched the last couple of Aberdeen games and you're right in that May is improving but to be fair he couldn't have got much worse. He still looks short on match sharpness and, perhaps because of the conditions, his control of the ball was poor. 

GMS was again the best player on the park by a mile. 

Thought the Aberdeen defence as a unit were excellent but Lowe and Logan were the real stars. 

Hibs are not quite firing and whether because of that or he's causing it, I thought Kamberi was poor. I've been impressed by him but he seemed short on confidence. 

Overall not a bad game especially considering the wind. That certainly made the corners interesting. 😀 

Guest faircity
11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ive now watched the last couple of Aberdeen games and you're right in that May is improving but to be fair he couldn't have got much worse. He still looks short on match sharpness and, perhaps because of the conditions, his control of the ball was poor. 

GMS was again the best player on the park by a mile. 

Thought the Aberdeen defence as a unit were excellent but Lowe and Logan were the real stars. 

Hibs are not quite firing and whether because of that or he's causing it, I thought Kamberi was poor. I've been impressed by him but he seemed short on confidence. 

Overall not a bad game especially considering the wind. That certainly made the corners interesting. 😀 

That's the same Logan that folk were saying they wouldn't have at Kilmarnock etc, aye right ye are. Lowe was excellent too. 

Pity GMS is out of contract in the summer as he is likely to win a decent contract elsewhere on his form do far this season. 

1 hour ago, faircity said:

That's the same Logan that folk were saying they wouldn't have at Kilmarnock etc, aye right ye are. 

:lol: 

Come on, why discuss his positive qualities on the park when it's easier (more pleasing to some) to use him as a stick to beat AFC with..... 

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Big game for us today and looks like we're without Stewart, Brophy and SOD.

Bus just leaving just now, so Edinburgh before midday for some refreshments. Around 1,400 Killie fans making the trip, so should be a decent atmosphere.

Enjoy. Fancy killie today. Good times are back in scottish football. Remember 1965.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bus just leaving just now, so Edinburgh before midday for some refreshments. Around 1,400 Killie fans making the trip, so should be a decent atmosphere.

That'll be a sold out away end again then? I presume they only gave half of the Roseburn.

Hoping Killie take something and Celtic can get back to the top tomorrow

3 hours ago, Mitre said:

Can’t stick that Stevie May fud

He looks like one of the guys that spins the waltzers at the fair

He looks like a hobo, and is a simply dreadful striker.

Applauding a player for trying hard with absolutely no end product is very Scottish. Granted I didnt see this game, but I cant imagine him being any good.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

He looks like a hobo...

He looks like a rock star...

(Irrelevant either way.)

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

...and is a simply dreadful striker.

We feel he'll come good again.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Applauding a player for trying hard with absolutely no end product...

His assignment of getting to and harrying the Hibs defenders was carried out extremely well right from the opening kick-off.

If he had gone for a one-touch goal instead of a two-touch attempt, he'd have been on the scoresheet (but that's coming).

13 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Granted I didnt see this game, but I cant imagine him being any good.

He's most likely played himself into the starting 11 of the League Cup Final.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Enjoy your day humper hopefully 3 points the day give my regards to my train driving friend Martin if you see him I remember you now meet you in Dortmund a few years back 👍