This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 61 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

Future?!

It would just open the doors for any unfair yellow card to be appealed as mistaken identity.

I kind of understand why you can’t appeal yellows. You’d have to re-referee all 6 games most Monday’s and 2 teams would finish the season with a perfect disciplinary record.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It would just open the doors for any unfair yellow card to be appealed as mistaken identity.

I kind of understand why you can’t appeal yellows. You’d have to re-referee all 6 games most Monday’s and 2 teams would finish the season with a perfect disciplinary record.

I was more quizzing the need for the word "future" in TM's post "Leaves them open to all sorts of future shite if this appeal is successful."  The whole thing is already "shite" and a total farce.  As already posted, different rules apply to different cases (clubs) and it's totally unacceptable.

Edited by SMcoolJ

10 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

We won't. Yet according to some on here it's racism to not just believe the accuser without a shred of evidence other than their word for it.

What "some" is this? Who's saying that?

49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What "some" is this? Who's saying that?

Pretty much every Aberdeen fan on here has either said it or implied it at the time. You've even said yourself we only boo him because he was a victim of racist abuse, it used to be your signature on here about another poster whose name escapes me. 

34 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Pretty much every Aberdeen fan on here has either said it or implied it at the time. You've even said yourself we only boo him because he was a victim of racist abuse,

No. I said he started getting booed because he reported Tonev. Which is totally correct. I've never said it's racist to not believe Logan. 

Why most fans boo him now might for totally different reasons, however the reason he started getting booed was definitely related to the Tonev incident. 

34 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

it used to be your signature on here about another poster whose name escapes me. 

No idea. 

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No. I said he started getting booed because he reported Tonev. Which is totally correct. I've never said it's racist to not believe Logan. 

Why most fans boo him now might for totally different reasons, however the reason he started getting booed was definitely related to the Tonev incident. 

No idea. 

Fair enough but you did call Logan a victim of racist abuse, when you don't actually know if he was or not. You're entitled to believe your own player of course, just as the Celtic fans who boo him because they believe he's telling lies are.

It's never going to be proved either way but Logan strikes me as the type who'd lie about something like that with him being an attention seeking fud.

Just now, Scotland Ever More said:

Fair enough but you did call Logan a victim of racist abuse, when you don't actually know if he was or not.

An independent SFA panel found Logan an "impressive and credible witness", while commenting that Tonev gave the "impression was of a witness giving a less than a full account of his actual understanding; and seemed to the tribunal to be an inherently improbable account."

I'm happy to stick with the verdict that Shay Logan was the victim of racist abuse from Tonev. 

You can bash on with making up that he's lied about it. Something there really is zero evidence for. 

29 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Logan strikes me as the type who'd lie about something like that with him being an attention seeking fud.

I’m caught between that and people from Eastern European/Balkan nations generally being quite racist.

Ironically it’s probably a bit racist to assume that Tonev is/was a racist because of where he’s from...

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle....

32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

An independent SFA panel found Logan an "impressive and credible witness", while commenting that Tonev gave the "impression was of a witness giving a less than a full account of his actual understanding; and seemed to the tribunal to be an inherently improbable account."

I'm happy to stick with the verdict that Shay Logan was the victim of racist abuse from Tonev. 

You can bash on with making up that he's lied about it. Something there really is zero evidence for. 

Ah an SFA panel. God knows why I thought about questioning them. Thanks for putting that to bed then 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m caught between that and people from Eastern European/Balkan nations generally being quite racist.

Ironically it’s probably a bit racist to assume that Tonev is/was a racist because of where he’s from...

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle....

Tonev was also part of a gang stealing children in the St.Enoch centre too I'm hearing from a girl on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Tonev was also part of a gang stealing children in the St.Enoch centre too I'm hearing from a girl on Facebook.

It would only have made my news feed if he wasn’t wearing a poppy while he was stealing weans.

Now that would be disgusting behaviour.

41 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

...but Logan strikes me as the type who'd lie about something like that with him being an attention seeking fud.

One has nothing to do with the other, though.

Just because someone is confident, celebrates their goals with backflips, and engages some of the other supports doesn't mean that he's someone who lies.

Why would he want that kind of attention anyway?

There's no glory in being called a 'black c*nt". 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't think we'll ever find out the truth either way on that one unfortunately.

Not liking him might lead you to not believe him.

As I've already stated... 2 different things.

Can an 'unpopular' footballer be racially abused?

Of course.

Should the law still be handed down?

Of course.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Pretty much every Aberdeen fan on here has either said it or implied it at the time. You've even said yourself we only boo him because he was a victim of racist abuse, it used to be your signature on here about another poster whose name escapes me. 

I believe most Aberdeen fans on here are suggesting that the booing of Logan by an element of Celtic fans started because he was a victim of racial abuse.  However, that is completely different to your assertion that Aberdeen fans are implying that Celtic fans are racist because they are booing. That is definitively not the case.

Whether he was a victim of racial abuse remains up for debate as far as you are concerned.  What remains relevant, irrespective of the foregoing, is that elements of Celtic's support started booing him in the immediate aftermath of Logan speaking out. 

I think I've stated on here before that the relationship between Logan and Celtic fans has taken a very different meaning in recent times. I just don't think we can forget how it started though.

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Why would he want that kind of attention anyway?

Don't know, why would you talk about the size of your young kids genatalia on social media?! People do weird things for attention.

That said, he very well might have been called it, might not have. As I've said, we'll never know.

I just think he's a tit, in the same way I think Morelos, Brown et al are twats. They are decent players though which probably means they get away with it more.

4 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Not as if Tonev was known for being a racist or had previous for abusing players in that way 😳

58 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

ref strike imminent.

and who could blame them? when we have clubs putting complaints in about their performance whenever they feel like throwing the toys out of the pram. Rangers may have an argument regarding the soft booking given to whatever his name is but that in no way justifies the statements they love so much, all it does is stir up the bambots in their support

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

...and who could blame them? when we have clubs a club putting complaints in about their performance whenever they feel like throwing the toys out of the pram.

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers may have an argument regarding the soft booking...

I feel that Sevco have an argument here.

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

...given to whatever his name is...

It's 'Candyass'.

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

...but that in no way justifies the statements they love so much, all it does is stir up the bambots in their support

TBF, Sevco have got away with quite a few decisions too.

You just knew that we'd hear about the one that didn't go their way.