This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 59 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Another cracking goal by young Turnbull for Motherwell, they’ve got high hopes for him and 2 goals from midfield in his 3 league starts suggests it’s justified.

Such an important week for us, finally having some creativity in the side and ditching the back 3 seen us get only our 2nd and 3rd wins of the season.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You seem like a very angry little man.

Not at all.

Happy and content.

TBF, I understand that yesterday's result was a hard one to take (but Boyd's antics are embarrassing).

Mind when he was goading McKenna to shoot from 40 yards?

It all comes back on him.

Happy for Killie's successes under Clarke, and I hope they continue.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You seem like a very angry little man.

To be fair to Scotty... 

Boyd's continual slagging of Aberdeen and their fans from his media position, combined with his celebration yesterday, make that win all the sweeter. Boyd made an absolute cunt of himself and it's little wonder that Aberdeen fans would want to get it right up him. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

To be fair to Scotty... 

Boyd's continual slagging of Aberdeen and their fans from his media position, combined with his celebration yesterday, make that win all the sweeter. Boyd made an absolute cunt of himself and it's little wonder that Aberdeen fans would want to get it right up him. 

Bpyd was getting pelters before he scored, if Aberdeen fans can't take getting some back then I suggest they grow a set.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bpyd was getting pelters before he scored...

For previous.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

...if Aberdeen fans can't take getting some back then I suggest they grow a set.

It has to be said that the Aberdeen support took Boyd's antics exceptionally well.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Whilst you've got Shay Logan in your team then you are in no position to slag anyone else's antics as embarrassing!

I personally wish that Shay would tone it down, but Boyd is in first place.

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bpyd was getting pelters before he scored, if Aberdeen fans can't take getting some back then I suggest they grow a set.

Who said anything about not taking it? Aberdeen fans took it and will give it right back ten-fold, given the outcome of yesterday's match. 

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

When Boyd first came on the radio/TV, i actually thought he was ok.  I recall about two seasons ago, he was getting pelters from Aberdeen fans.  He scored and indulged in a similar celebration to yesterday's - i genuinely thought good on him and others around me were laughing too. However, his recent proclamations seem to have taken a bit of a sinister tone and some of the stuff he's been saying in the press, aside from being utter nonsense, is uncalled for.  I actually think the press stuff suggests he's the one that lost his sense of humour. It's a shame, until recently, I think he had a good thing going with the Dons fans and that can only be good for our game.

I’d always thought it was relatively good natured between Boyd and Aberdeen.

He milked it a bit yesterday, it was funny at first, but he hung out it, a bit like someone desperate to start a fight with someone who just isn’t biting back and they keep going...

Funny it came back to bite him, as he’s not the most likeable character in football if you don’t support Rangers or Killie.

Guest faircity
21 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

When Boyd first came on the radio/TV, i actually thought he was ok.  I recall about two seasons ago, he was getting pelters from Aberdeen fans.  He scored and indulged in a similar celebration to yesterday's - i genuinely thought good on him and others around me were laughing too. However, his recent proclamations seem to have taken a bit of a sinister tone and some of the stuff he's been saying in the press, aside from being utter nonsense, is uncalled for.  I actually think the press stuff suggests he's the one that lost his sense of humour. It's a shame, until recently, I think he had a good thing going with the Dons fans and that can only be good for our game.

He is clearly trying to make a name for himself in the media and trying to pander to the Huns at the same time, whilst not having the balls to gob off about Celtic so Aberdeen are the next best thing. Best ignored, he's done anyway. 

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Sorry, but that's just total nonsense!  Attempts on goal does not make you the better team.  Did you see some of those attempts?!  Lewis had nothing to do. Neither keeper did (although, i'd be asking questions of yours for our second goal).  Both teams were as sh1t as each other and a draw would have been a fair result.

I love that Killie have had a couple of decent results and a respectable start to the season but the comments now that you should be "killing off Aberdeen" and were the "far better side", would suggest it's got to some of you.  You still play with Kris feckin Boyd up front and Gary Dicker in the middle of the field!!! 

Boyd wouldn't usually start but he did a not bad job until he ran out of gas.....about 20 mins in 😂

Didn't mean shots solely made us better, we were the better side throughout the game but as SH says you could always see Aberdeen going for it and sneaking it near the end. 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The grass pitch will be down as soon as there's a training facility built, SC knows this and is fully supportive of it.

Hopefully Brophy is back for the weekend.

Stuart Findlay is turning into a top centre half, he can't be far away from the senior squad now given our lack of options.

Aye agree Findlay is looking better and better not sure if he would creep into the squad soon but probably worth a look, better than Hendry anyway.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Whilst you've got Shay Logan in your team then you are in no position to slag anyone else's antics as embarrassing!

He is a wank stain

Rumours doing the rounds that Neil Lennon has chucked it. If we’re going to have this everytime we get a bad result then it’s probably for the better that he does leave rather than creating all this uncertainty like the tail end of last season

Gordon Strachan to take over 😬

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

5 hours ago, Kirk said:

He is a wank stain

Seriously, what has he done towards Kilmarnock FC or their support that makes you 'angry little men' (To coin a phrase) - On the basis of 'if you can't take it don't give it' (See Kris the Hun) that is.

Most of the Killie fans on here appear to have an infectious hardon for all things AFC - WTF is it?

1 minute ago, Redz said:

Seriously, what has he done towards Kilmarnock FC or their support that makes you 'angry little men' (To coin a phrase) - On the basis of 'if you can't take it don't give it' (See Kris the Hun) that is.

Most of the Killie fans on here appear to have an infectious hardon for all things AFC - WTF is it?

I don't really.mind Aberdeen as a team at all. I think Shay Logan as a person is just a wank, not specifically related to killie, just overall

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

I don't really.mind Aberdeen as a team at all. I think Shay Logan as a person is just a wank, not specifically related to killie, just overall

I'm not after a 'fight,' promise.....

Go on, humour me, why?

By why I mean examples.....

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm an Aberdeen fan and think Logan is an annoying wee fud. 😂

:lol: Indeed!

Seriously though there's bigger fuds in most teams, and I suspect he's an opportunists dream where all things AFC are concerned.

Killie (more than Celtic even) appear to have a ragin hardon for him.

I'm looking forward to examples of the 'wank stain' & 'wee fud' list though - It's surely extensive...... 

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Rumours doing the rounds that Neil Lennon has chucked it. If we’re going to have this everytime we get a bad result then it’s probably for the better that he does leave rather than creating all this uncertainty like the tail end of last season

Gordon Strachan to take over 😬

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. His constant attention seeking rips my knitting to fuck. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There were plenty of men in that away end losing the plot over somebody laughing at himself being a fatty.

Then they foolishly gave him the reaction he was looking for.

Best to have just pointed and laughed at his carry on.