This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 58 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

20 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Never happened, picture you saw saw was photoshopped, it was a silver foil from a pie. ( not condoning it but that’s not exactly good going to hurt someone is it.) You keep reading follow follow to get your info.

Anti Columbian Racists? 😂Superb statement that after Saints fans listened to 3000 of you singing anti catholic bigoted bile for 2 hours,  your thoughts on that please?

oh and it was at least 95% of your support, not the minority, utter scumbags but you keep deflecting.

Jim, I think Eddard was at the wind up with the anti Columbian thing. Think it was off the back of the Edinburgh Derby shenanigans. 

I had only heard the Radio Scotland report after the game and they said it was a coin, so maybe that's where Eddard got it from too?

Throwing stuff at a footballer going about their work is a pathetic and sad thing to do. It doesn't really matter what it is. 

Our away support has a much higher percentage of cunts in it than the norm. They won't change until such times as they get nicked, banned or the club gets points deducted. I'd be happy if every team in the league just banned our away fans and be done with it. 

Edited by RenfrewBlue

15 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Anti Columbian Racists? 😂Superb statement that after Saints fans listened to 3000 of you singing anti catholic bigoted bile for 2 hours,  your thoughts on that please?

oh and it was at least 95% of your support, not the minority, utter scumbags but you keep deflecting.

No point in trying this. According to the Huns it’s only one man and his dug that belts out this pish. 🙄

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

No point in trying this. According to the Huns it’s only one man and his dug that belts out this pish. 🙄

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Jim, I think Eddard was at the wind up with the anti Columbian thing. Think it was off the back of the Edinburgh Derby shenanigans. 

I had only heard the Radio Scotland report after the game and they said it was a coin, so maybe that's where Eddard got it from too?

Throwing stuff at a footballer going about their work is a pathetic and sad thing to do. It doesn't really matter what it is. 

Our away support has a much higher percentage of cunts in it than the norm. They won't change until such times as they get nicked, banned or the club gets points deducted. I'd be happy if every team in the league just banned our away fans and be done with it. 

Your timing is every bit as good as Kris Boyd's. 😀 

Edited by RenfrewBlue

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ok mate fair comment, I wasn’t there yesterday but my mates were who have season tickets in W6, so the alleged throwing incident was literally 10 yards in front them, they all said something was thrown on which is unnaceptable, but it actually blew away from your player because of the wind, I don’t think a pound coin would do that would it?

For the record if it had been a coin they would have been the first to condone it, so I know who I believe. 

21 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

“Could not kill off”??  It was a sh1t game between two sh1t teams on a really sh1t pitch. Neither team was ever going to kill off the other.  

Aberdeen two shots on goal to killies 13 missed Stewart and brophy any other day with them playing game would been won killie where far the better team but your right certainly about Aberdeen and the pitch 

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

1. Happy to let you buy me a pint any time :)

I'd be more than happy to do so.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

2. I said we knew each other, nothing about him being a good lad ;)

Well, I know him. :wink2:

59 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How do you act out Hun? 

First you show how many points your club will get by making a big fat zero with your ams, then you do the "I'm a big fat hun dance'.

_104168144_18090890.jpg

He has previous as he's been fat for a while now...

39 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

...Saints fans listened to 3000 of you singing anti catholic bigoted bile for 2 hours,  your thoughts on that please?

Hey, what if your club - any club - just banned away support who sang sectarian songs? Would the SFA back them?

UEFA have banned supporters - did that work? Didn't people pay attention when that happened?

Maybe it would not work for one club, but if it was concerted action, could it work? Until then, isn't it a sign that it is simply tolerated? The club would take a hit in the short term, but this would be for the long term good of the game. The league has shown it can survive without that particular income stream, no? 

Then again, maybe one club could take a stand, maybe if it was a club that was big enough, well resourced and sufficiently committed to the cause, it could afford to take a stand, take the financial hit, on a point of principle? No?

Edited by exile

4 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Aberdeen two shots on goal...

Correct

4 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

...to killies 13... 

Killie only had 3 shots on goal.

5 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

...missed Stewart...

Definitely, but at least you got to play with 11.

20 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Ok mate fair comment, I wasn’t there yesterday but my mates were who have season tickets in W6, so the alleged throwing incident was literally 10 yards in front them, they all said something was thrown on which is unnaceptable, but it actually blew away from your player because of the wind, I don’t think a pound coin would do that would it?

For the record if it had been a coin they would have been the first to condone it, so I know who I believe. 

Just saw the clip on the BBC sports pages. Still being reported as hit by a coin but judging by the fact it hit him on the belly and he never even noticed I'd say your description is far more accurate. 

Either that or  El Buffalo has abs made of steel. 😀 

Bottom line is that whoever threw it is a dick. If they'd had a coin in their hand at the time they'd probably have lobbed it instead. It's just lucky it was something innocuous. Should still receive a ban from the ground. 

28 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Aberdeen two shots on goal to killies 13 missed Stewart and brophy any other day with them playing game would been won killie where far the better team but your right certainly about Aberdeen and the pitch 

Not entirely sure what you’re saying but if you somehow think Killie were any less shit than Aberdeen today, you clearly went to the game pished. Stewart and Brophy - simply ifs and buts. Neither team deserved anything from that game. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Not entirely sure what you’re saying but if you somehow think Killie were any less shit than Aberdeen today, you clearly went to the game pished. Stewart and Brophy - simply ifs and buts. Neither team deserved anything from that game. 

If they want to play stats, Aberdeen had 60% of the possession.

I skipped through my recording of the game, but, for all their extra attempts AT (better word, Scotty?) goal, they didn't exactly seem to trouble Joe Lewis.

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

13 shots at goal. Big fucking wow. Shows how shite they are then. Any pish team can rattle off shots at goal from anywhere, counts as an effort but, in reality, none of them are ever going anywhere near the goal. With a massive advantage like playing on that pile of shit park they still get their arse felt by a rotten Aberdeen side, says more about Killie ( the closest thing to Brazil 1970 apparently) than anyone else. 

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

...getting his own back for being called fat.

You cut that to choose what you wanted it to say, I said he was at that end of the pitch, not as if he ran all the way across to them. 

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

“Could not kill off”??  It was a sh1t game between two sh1t teams on a really sh1t pitch. Neither team was ever going to kill off the other.  

Killie were the far better side and had better chances, Aberdeen didn't have a shot on goal until they scored.

If you were of the belief that Scottish football and Scotland in general was a hotbed of rabid anti catholic sentiment, could you see the attempts to blow up a sweety wrapper blowing past Alfredo Morelos as a smokescreen?

I’m head cheerleader for Victim blaming Neil Lennon normally, but I found the sportscene reaction to the Morelos incident a bit cringe and possibly an attempt to say “look, it happens to other people...” 

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

You cut that to choose what you wanted it to say...

Yes. Thought it'd be obvious I was being silly.

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Aberdeen didn't have a shot on goal until they scored.

Correct. You could have gone in goals.

MacDonald (who I like) didn't make a single save.

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If you were of the belief that Scottish football and Scotland in general was a hotbed of rabid anti catholic sentiment, could you see the attempts to blow up a sweety wrapper blowing past Alfredo Morelos as a smokescreen?

I’m head cheerleader for Victim blaming Neil Lennon normally, but I found the sportscene reaction to the Morelos incident a bit cringe and possibly an attempt to say “look, it happens to other people...” 

They know that > 70% of Colombians identify as Catholics, right? 😂

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't think anyone is saying that. As far as I've been following it, I think the concern is that there are distinct pockets that are "hotbeds of rabid anti-(Irish)-catholic sentiment", that are tolerated by Scottish football and Scotland in general, and that makes some worry that there must be lower level anti-(Irish)-catholic sentiment pervasive in society all along.

However much any of us may deny the wider issue is a problem, you can also see why those feeling the brunt of the specific rabid bit must feel the need to call out about it, and ask how this can still be tolerated. 

We may say it's not tolerated, as the most rabid elements are disowned, but those bearing of the brunt of it and those outside Scottish football may not notice that they are disowned if they are still seen to be continuing week in and week out. 

Edited by exile

15 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'd be more than happy to do so.

Well, I know him. :wink2:

First you show how many points your club will get by making a big fat zero with your ams, then you do the "I'm a big fat hun dance'.

_104168144_18090890.jpg

He has previous as he's been fat for a while now...

You seem like a very angry little man.

12 hours ago, Kirk said:

You cut that to choose what you wanted it to say, I said he was at that end of the pitch, not as if he ran all the way across to them. 

Killie were the far better side and had better chances, Aberdeen didn't have a shot on goal until they scored.

Sorry, but that's just total nonsense!  Attempts on goal does not make you the better team.  Did you see some of those attempts?!  Lewis had nothing to do. Neither keeper did (although, i'd be asking questions of yours for our second goal).  Both teams were as sh1t as each other and a draw would have been a fair result.

I love that Killie have had a couple of decent results and a respectable start to the season but the comments now that you should be "killing off Aberdeen" and were the "far better side", would suggest it's got to some of you.  You still play with Kris feckin Boyd up front and Gary Dicker in the middle of the field!!! 

11 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That's fair enough.  I was happy to see Brophy wasn't playing.   Is Clarke still pushing for a grass pitch?

The grass pitch will be down as soon as there's a training facility built, SC knows this and is fully supportive of it.

Hopefully Brophy is back for the weekend.

Stuart Findlay is turning into a top centre half, he can't be far away from the senior squad now given our lack of options.