This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 57 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Only just seen the highlights (mercifully short) from our game yesterday as just back from a Parent and Child Scout camp. 

We were absolutely rubbish,but at least we managed to hit the target a few times in the end. 

Two nice goals and the worst red card decision I've seen in a while. Candeias did absolutely nothing and Ferdinand was a sneaky wee wank. Hopefully the red card can be rescinded, don't know the rules around that, but then again neither did the ref yesterday. 

MUch needed win for Aberdeen too, and it'll help compress the top end of the table a fair bit too. 

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

He went full Hun. You never go full Hun as Vanderark says. 😂

Kris boyd is at permanent full hun. 😂

that was a shit performance but very pleasing win after the roaster boyds celebration.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Celtic were bloody brilliant yesterday, atmosphere was fucking great in the 2nd half, when we play like that no one can live with us.

You wonder if Brown might be used only in certain games from now on rather than being an automatic pick. There's no doubt we move the ball quicker without him (and also Ntcham too actually) but if course there are others where he'll be needed to protect the back four and keep the ball, particularly Europe and away games to Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc.

The midfield now having trust in the two centre backs is definitely helping in an attacking sense. All 3 are moving forward and getting up with play rather than having to sit further back. McGregor has impressed me filling in for Brown.

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Only just seen the highlights (mercifully short) from our game yesterday as just back from a Parent and Child Scout camp. 

We were absolutely rubbish,but at least we managed to hit the target a few times in the end. 

Two nice goals and the worst red card decision I've seen in a while. Candeias did absolutely nothing and Ferdinand was a sneaky wee wank. Hopefully the red card can be rescinded, don't know the rules around that, but then again neither did the ref yesterday. 

MUch needed win for Aberdeen too, and it'll help compress the top end of the table a fair bit too. 

They make the rules up as they go, particularly when it involves certain clubs. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Kris boyd is at permanent full hun. 😂

that was a shit performance but very pleasing win after the roaster boyds celebration.

I wonder if him and his ‘source” still think there is a split in the Celtic dressing room? Since he came out with that pish Celtic have played 7 domestic games, won them all, and scored 25. Timing is everything.

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Lennon gets struck with coin and it is on front pages for days.  Sectarian etc etc.  Morelos gets struck by coin, just a laugh, Rangers need the money. Pathetic.

was never a coin - more like a marshmallow ...........................

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

never got a red card 

1 minute ago, euan2020 said:

never got a red card 

Yes, he did. After getting a 2nd yellow the ref always then shows you the red. It's standard practice. If he hadn't been shown it he wouldn't have been sent off. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Yes, he did. After getting a 2nd yellow the ref always then shows you the red. It's standard practice. If he hadn't been shown it he wouldn't have been sent off. 

evidently you don't pay attention - you can not appeal 2 yellows making a red - only automatic red card - so he has no chance of getting it rescinded - i meant to say automatic red card 

Just now, euan2020 said:

evidently you don't pay attention - you can not appeal 2 yellows making a red - only automatic red card - so he has no chance of getting it rescinded - i meant to say automatic red card 

That's what I thought but I had a vague recollection of someone having a yellow either over turned or made into a red this season. It may however have been down South as I can't remember any particulars. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's what I thought but I had a vague recollection of someone having a yellow either over turned or made into a red this season. It may however have been down South as I can't remember any particulars. 

I'm fairly sure cautions can only be overturned in a case of mistaken identity.

11 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Can you get yellows rescinded ? Clearly an unjust yellow given to our player. Also pray for Morelos who has hit by a coin thrown by the anti Columbian racists in the St Mirren section. 

Never happened, picture you saw saw was photoshopped, it was a silver foil from a pie. ( not condoning it but that’s not exactly good going to hurt someone is it.) You keep reading follow follow to get your info.

Anti Columbian Racists? 😂Superb statement that after Saints fans listened to 3000 of you singing anti catholic bigoted bile for 2 hours,  your thoughts on that please?

oh and it was at least 95% of your support, not the minority, utter scumbags but you keep deflecting.

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

Really disappointed with that result could not kill off Aberdeen and paid the price in the end on wards and upwards for next week against hearts 

“Could not kill off”??  It was a sh1t game between two sh1t teams on a really sh1t pitch. Neither team was ever going to kill off the other.