This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 55 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Where’s the throat grab? Or does that thick cunt not know where the throat is?

To be fair, Samson and then Ferdinand do appear to have him in a semi friendly headlock and Ferdinand has a wee swipe.

It’s one of those frustrating ones if you’re on the receiving end where he books a player from both teams when Cabdeias (based on a grainy twitter video) appears to be the victim.

Samson did the same arm round the neck thing with Ryan Bowman on Wednesday night after bowman fouled him, but I presumed they were mates...

Edited by sbcmfc

25 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

What's the Killie fan's thoughts on a potential promotion for Ayr United? Would they welcome the potential of 4 derby games next season or prefer them just to stay down?

Probably one for @Squirrelhumper. Personally I'd like to see it happen. Went to Somerset park years ago and enjoyed it.

Aye as a killie fan it would be good to see the derby games back in the league only had cup games the past few decades there’ doing well this season 

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

What's the Killie fan's thoughts on a potential promotion for Ayr United? Would they welcome the potential of 4 derby games next season or prefer them just to stay down?

Probably one for @Squirrelhumper. Personally I'd like to see it happen. Went to Somerset park years ago and enjoyed it.

As a Scottish fitba’ fan it would be great if we had an Ayrshire derby. 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, Samson and then Ferdinand do appear to have him in a semi friendly headlock and Ferdinand has a wee swipe.

It’s one of those frustrating ones if you’re on the receiving end where he books a player from both teams when Cabdeias (based on a grainy twitter video) appears to be the victim.

Samson did the same arm round the neck thing with Ryan Bowman on Wednesday night after bowman fouled him, but I presumed they were mates...

"There's no throat grab, the OP is a thick cunt", would've saved characters. 

Catching up on a few days worth of posts, my tuppence on NL.

There has been a lot posted in here about Lennons level of “fuddery” and maybe he should tone down his behaviour and suchlike. However I doubt there has ever been anyone in Scottish football who has suffered as much as NL has in his time in Scotland. Abuse, coins thrown, physical attacks both inside the ground and outside while going about his daily life, bullets and even bombs in the post. Are we really meant to believe ALL of this is simply because of how he behaves in a football stadium.

In addition, given this variety of abuse has gone on for 18 years or so, and was no where near this level in his time in England, is it any wonder that he ends up given some back from time to time? I have no doubt Lennon got dogs from various sections of Hearts support on Wednesday. The same folks who think they have freehand to call him anything and everything for 90 mins then either turn rabid or start greeting about “behaviour” if they get it back for 10-15 seconds. Nowt as hypocritical as football fans.

Neil Lennon is a far better man than I ever could be given what he has had for last 18 years or so. He’s also showed far more restraint than I probably ever could. But in many peoples view he is the one who has to have a look at his behaviour. This is a two way street, if Scotland is ever to progress away from this sort of pish there has to be an acknowledgement that a decent % of fans also have to have a serious think about how they behave in a football ground.

55 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Catching up on a few days worth of posts, my tuppence on NL.

There has been a lot posted in here about Lennons level of “fuddery” and maybe he should tone down his behaviour and suchlike. However I doubt there has ever been anyone in Scottish football who has suffered as much as NL has in his time in Scotland. Abuse, coins thrown, physical attacks both inside the ground and outside while going about his daily life, bullets and even bombs in the post. Are we really meant to believe ALL of this is simply because of how he behaves in a football stadium.

In addition, given this variety of abuse has gone on for 18 years or so, and was no where near this level in his time in England, is it any wonder that he ends up given some back from time to time? I have no doubt Lennon got dogs from various sections of Hearts support on Wednesday. The same folks who think they have freehand to call him anything and everything for 90 mins then either turn rabid or start greeting about “behaviour” if they get it back for 10-15 seconds. Nowt as hypocritical as football fans.

Neil Lennon is a far better man than I ever could be given what he has had for last 18 years or so. He’s also showed far more restraint than I probably ever could. But in many peoples view he is the one who has to have a look at his behaviour. This is a two way street, if Scotland is ever to progress away from this sort of pish there has to be an acknowledgement that a decent % of fans also have to have a serious think about how they behave in a football ground.

When you read it in black and white this is a problem,  he says it's an embarrassment, how can it not be? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46073396

What to do about it? 

48 minutes ago, saintydave said:

Who cares about all that pish? 4 wins in a row, 4 clean sheets in a row. The saints are on a charge. COYS 

Aye. Everybody can keep on talking about Clarke while Wright quietly goes about his business as usual. 😉

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Hibs first defeat at home since last December. I said we were back. 4 wins on the bounce. Celtic doing us needed to happen

Decent game today, we are struggling in final third at the moment.

Thought you lot played well, decent away support as well.

First defeat at home in the league in 2018, need to get Milligan back to midfield and Hanlon and Porteous back in defence. 

On 11/3/2018 at 2:34 AM, Scotland Ever More said:

Well I am offended. This is a clear attack on my people and culture.

The obvious problem in the first place is a club having 'a people' and 'a culture'.

#baggage

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Aye. Everybody can keep on talking about Clarke while Wright quietly goes about his business as usual. 😉

Maybe he could end training with a penalty kicks competition.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Can you get yellows rescinded ? Clearly an unjust yellow given to our player. Also pray for Morelos who has hit by a coin thrown by the anti Columbian racists in the St Mirren section. 

The St Mirren fans probably seen your financial results and are trying to help out.