This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Must have been my ears but I heard him getting called a orange bastard at Murrayfield last weekend.......

Does he get it from any other set of fans?

For the record, I think Naismith is a top guy off the pitch but he is a nasty player on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Same. Not bothered by O'Neill or Rodgers. don't like Lennon. Grew up as a Roman Catholic in the West of Scotland. Altar boy for 10 years. Kilmarnock supporter. I feel as if I've got a reasonable handle on what makes both lots tick. I don't dislike Neil Lennon due to anything else other than him being a fud. I would agree, however, that his background/religion is a factor for those who are already anti-Catholic, anti-Irish bigots.

Well said, mans a knob but doesn’t deserve things thrown at him, maybe needs to be less in people’s faces for while & hope things calm down a bit.

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Does he get it from any other set of fans?

For the record, I think Naismith is a top guy off the pitch but he is a nasty player on the pitch. 

Get called an Orange Bastard? Not sure, I'm guessing he might at Hibs or wherever else but I've seen him getting pelters at Killie and he used to play for us!

I've never seen Lennon get any sort of bigoted stuff at Killie either, I didn't particularly like him as a player but that was it. Same way I never liked the likes of Burley or Petrov as players for various reasons.

Naismith get's pelters at every ground in Scotland, same as most good players with a nasty streak do. Scott Brown is another.

16 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Why no discussion on the hibs fans attacks on Hearts fans Hearts goalie ,linesman - constant throwing of objects - flying tricolours wrecking the ladies toilets  but concentrate on one coin hitting a conman on the jacket ? 

What's wrong with flying tricolours? Is that provocative to you?

For the record, I've met Lennon quite a few times and he's sound. See him regularly in Tennents on Byers Road and he's never given any hassle.

I even took my Ex to a Q&A with him as she loves him!

I find him a likeable guy most of the time but he'll be first to admit he does stuff in the heat of the moment that he probably wishes he hadn't.

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm Catholic, went to a Catholic school, have a name which is definitely irish sounding (first and second name) but I've never been asked any of these questions when going for a job. Not to say it doesn't exist but I've never heard any of my mates/Family mention it and the vast majority of them are RC (well from school/back home anyway)

I go to the football with guys who are catholic, CoS, Atheist etc but none of us give a fuck about it.

The treatment NL get's is bang out of order and physical abuse is not on but I can't take Celtic fans getting all high and mighty about verbal abuse when they spent most of the game at RP earlier on this season calling Kris Boyd a fat orange bastard.

A Club Open for all my arse. A club open to anyone who fits into the ideals of the Green Brigade.

Bigotry works both ways, you can't have a support who dishes out bigoted abuse each week and then slam others for the same.

Hugh Dallas had his windows smashed/death threats over a game of football not so long ago. The Hibs keeper got assaulted which is more dangerous than a coin being chucked yet it's barely been mentioned.

BR, MON etc etc are all high profile Northern Irish RC Mangers of Celtic and they've not had the same as NL so it's not solely down to his religion/background.

The fuck have the Green brigade got to do with this?  

44 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Why no discussion on the hibs fans attacks on Hearts fans Hearts goalie ,linesman - constant throwing of objects - flying tricolours wrecking the ladies toilets  but concentrate on one coin hitting a conman on the jacket ? 

OK, I'll join in. Your goalie is a big Jessie if a wee slap like that can knock him flat on his back. Somebody should warn him never to take on Big Ramy in a square go.

27 minutes ago, Mox said:

The fuck have the Green brigade got to do with this?  

They like proclaiming they are a club open to all yet sing about orange bastards for example. I'm just saying that there's plenty of prejudice in the Celtic support If you don't meet certain ideals.  

Calm down, don't get your pyro is a tissy.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They like proclaiming they are a club open to all yet sing about orange bastards for example. I'm just saying that there's plenty of prejudice in the Celtic support If you don't meet certain ideals.  

Hypocrisy in football is as old as football it's self, it's hardly news. 

12 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Just as well ye hud yer man's tea tae make to take your feeble mind off the men's conversations hen.

😂, You are right, I will leave the superior race to talk in hoops about Neil Lennon for 3 days. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂, You are right, I will leave the superior race to talk in hoops about Neil Lennon for 3 days. 

We've moved on from him. We are talking about the Hearts goalie now.

Why do hibs fans have the this in built hatred of Czech people who may, or may not, have any religious affiliation?

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's the club/board who come out with all that Christmas card shite. Not the GB, or the wider fanbase, and certainly not me personally. If I had my way we'd be a club not open to Tory bastards like Ian Livingston for a start. The Willie Angus CSC would be shown the door as well along with anyone who's ever been employed at "Rangers"

Religion, race and sexuality don't matter but to say we're open to all is just complete shite