This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 49 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

30 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Surely they weren’t as bad as St Mirren when you pumped us last month.

They weren't, thought they were OK actually but we scored 3 of our best goals in a while, although the keeper probably should have saved the last one. I think they'll be clear of St Mirren and Dundee.

Dempster is defending Lennon saying he did not goad Hearts fans at all. Is she fucking blind? Now, that total cunt who threw the coin needs dealt with by the law but to come out and state he did not goad is just blatant lies. 

29 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Dempster is defending Lennon saying he did not goad Hearts fans at all. Is she fucking blind? Now, that total cunt who threw the coin needs dealt with by the law but to come out and state he did not goad is just blatant lies. 

:lol:

He definitely did.

Doesnt excuse throwing things at him, but it didn’t help the situation.

I think blocking off the front 4 or 5 rows at tynecastle for the next derby would be a good starting point for a punishment. If that means they need to cut Hibs allocation to accommodate displaced home fans, so be it...

47 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Its all lies. Vander and rb will verify this. They are the experts on all things lies. Everywhere. Anywhere. We will follo... oops wrong board.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Good post and without the usual whataboutery. 👍

Fan behaviour has been on the decline across the board for a few years now. You can put it down to a few factors, one being the rise of the ultras culture. Another being the lack of a sense of immediacy over consequences. You just don't see the cops lifting anyone on the spot any more. I understand why they don't but consequences often dont come till months or even years later giving rise to the belief that these guys can pull a scarf over their faces and disappear into the crowd and get away with it.......and sometimes they do.

Spot on Slasher. If the Police lifted even just a couple of bellends at each game they'd eventually thin out their numbers. 

Since they don't it encourages more and more extreme behavior. 

Until the policing is sorted it would be sheer lunacy to bring drink back into the stadia. 

31 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Its all lies. Vander and rb will verify this. They are the experts on all things lies. Everywhere. Anywhere. We will follo... oops wrong board.

Ya cheeky bam. Put yer big wooden spoon away. 😀 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ha ha well spotted. Agree wi u and slashers posts btw. Something needs to be done. Lennon does not help himself though and stirs up the nastier elements. If he doesn't know this then there is something wrong. He must know u cannot have banter with some of these 'guys'. I am not condoning it though but surely lennon should have learned by now.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

He definitely did.

Doesnt excuse throwing things at him, but it didn’t help the situation.

I think blocking off the front 4 or 5 rows at tynecastle for the next derby would be a good starting point for a punishment. If that means they need to cut Hibs allocation to accommodate displaced home fans, so be it...

Maybe stop the late kick offs, don’t remember too much Edinburgh derby trouble with the lunchtime ones but the last 4 or 5 have all been evening ones and seem to be a lot worse. 

the next one is scheduled for 17:30 on a Saturday night down at Easter Road, what could possibly go wrong 

52 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Maybe stop the late kick offs, don’t remember too much Edinburgh derby trouble with the lunchtime ones but the last 4 or 5 have all been evening ones and seem to be a lot worse. 

the next one is scheduled for 17:30 on a Saturday night down at Easter Road, what could possibly go wrong 

I hear you. Maybe football clubs should be allowed to have booze at the games based on individual licences - if the fans can be trusted not to be arseholes they get to have a beer, but if they are regularly causing bother then no bevvy at their club. I am a Personal Licence holder so am familiar with the process. I would suggest the awarding of an 'Occasional Licence' for some experiments on a one-off basis at clubs that can be trusted.

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Jim White tore her a new arsehole on talksport earlier. Her responses were hilarious and pretty much show why women shouldn’t be allowed to football. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Anyone who thinks selling 4% watered down lager, in a plastic cup, in a shitey concourse, for £5 a pint will increase bother at games isn't thinking rationally. 

Completely agree. Clubs make much needed income while basically regulating what folk drink before the game. 

Anyone who thinks selling 4% watered down lager, in a plastic cup, in a shitey concourse, for £5 a pint will increase bother at games isn't thinking rationally. 

Exactly. English fans are generally worse behaved than Scottish fans and they seem to manage alcohol ok at matches.

Any cunt saying Lennon brings it on himself needs coined themselves. It’s hilarious how folk stand and shout obscenities at players and managers then think it’s a free for all when they give a wee bit back.

its also extremely difficult being a Northern Irish catholic is Scottish football. Let’s not hide from the reason why this happened.

Quite frankly if you can't manage to attend a game without drinking the expensive pish water, so eloquently described by Parkie, then you've got a serious problem. 

Or you're watching Scotland. 🤔

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Quite frankly if you can't manage to attend a game without drinking the expensive pish water, so eloquently described by Parkie, then you've got a serious problem. 

Or you're watching Scotland. 🤔

That’s like saying if you can’t enjoy a fillet steak without a fine red wine then you’ve got an issue. We watch football in our spare time - for enjoyment, why not include a beer to make the experience even better? It’s got nothing to do with “needing” a beer. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

2 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That’s like saying if you can’t enjoy a fillet steak without a fine red wine then you’ve got an issue. We watch football in our spare time - for enjoyment, why not include a beer to make the experience even better? It’s got nothing to do with “needing” a beer. 

But it doesn't enhance the enjoyment. It causes folk to act like bams. 

And if you can't have a steak without a drink then yes do sound like there's a problem. 

11 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Any cunt saying Lennon brings it on himself needs coined themselves. It’s hilarious how folk stand and shout obscenities at players and managers then think it’s a free for all when they give a wee bit back.

its also extremely difficult being a Northern Irish catholic is Scottish football. Let’s not hide from the reason why this happened.

I agree and kinda disagree with that. 

I have no idea what it’s like being a Northern Irish Catholic (just a Scottish one), but I don’t think that’s why it happened, it’s because he’s one of an antagonising prick, or an entertainer, depending what side of the fence you’re on. 

That said, it should never happen at someone’s work, that simply can’t be tolerated. 

I remember years ago at pittodrie, gazza was getting absolute pelters, junkie, alkie, fat bastard, English cunt, wife beater etc etc etc, I’m sure there’s many more that I missed, anyway, during a break in play he made a motion that he was pulling up boots and shagging a sheep, grown men that had previously dished out all of the previous were raging and trying to get him arrested for inciting a riot 😂 Its pathetic that so many people are so easily offended, but feel dishing it out is fair game.