This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 48 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Don't have that where I am!!

What did he say?

He’d like to meet the guy face to face, said it at start and end of interview. Also made a joke about him having too much money if he can throw pound coins.

He looked like he was laughing, I presume because he knows he made a meal of it (not that he’s not entitled too)

Looked like the Hearts keeper made a meal of the incident with the Hibs fan too, but both incidents completely out of order, dans shouldn’t be part of a game in that manner. Get behind your team, give out a bit of stick, but that’s too far.

The Hearts  hoof merchants of Swynie really were at their A game tonight.  Kamberi was stupid to take the bait of the Hearts players surrounding the ref trying to get him a second yellow card.

Soon as the sending off happened, we were on the back foot although  Hearts only managed one shot on target all night.  

Any fans that throw coins or reach out an arm are dicks, no matter that both Lennon and the Hearts keeper both went down like a sack of tatties. 

Does seem to be a new nastier element to the Jambos these days, bottling grannies, singing Britain First songs with Lee Rigby banners, abusing Neil Lennon.  Almost like we should crowd fund them their bus fare.

Just watched the Lennon stuff. Firstly, that fan needs hunted for that shit. Fucking cunt that he is.

Secondly, Lennon himself acted like a total cunt as usual. Boss of one of our biggest clubs continually acting like a fucking ned. 

9 hours ago, giblet said:

The Hearts  hoof merchants of Swynie really were at their A game tonight.

:lol: 

I love how Hibs fans have a warped view of their team. Hibs were loving a bit of hoofball themselves last night. 

On the pitch, could have won it but happy enough with a draw in the end. I fully expected to lose three games this week, the team we fielded last night would struggle against just about any team in this league, other than maybe Dundee and St Mirren. First chance this season to see what Hibs have to offer and the answer was a pretty clear not all that much really. Probably more physical than Hearts if anything, and have certainly gone backwards since last season.

Off the pitch, too many in both sets of support need to calm down. Coins, pyro, keys etc being thrown by both (onto the pitch and at each other), the whole thing is in danger of getting out of hand. The guy who threw the coin that hit Lennon should be identified and banned for life by the club, and the police should be charging him. Same goes for anyone else caught on film throwing something. After events outside the stadium on Sunday and last night, Hearts as a club need to take action, using stewards, CCTV and self-policing by the fans to get the folk who are throwing things banned. Clubs should be getting fined and/or docked points too. No excuse for what happened to Lennon; no matter what he was up to the villains are those throwing things. He’s a bawbag, just about everyone knows it, but so what? What has happened to him at Tynecastle on more than one occasion now is a disgrace. I don’t think it helps playing these games at night incidentally, drink had clearly been taken by many and everything always seems ramped up under the lights somehow.

52 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: 

I love how Hibs fans have a warped view of their team. Hibs were loving a bit of hoofball themselves last night. 

From a purely footballing perspective it was an utterly atrocious game, two of the supposed better teams in the league serving up agricultural football for 90 minutes. 

I did laugh 10 minutes before kick off a Hibs fan ran on the track. Got to section G gave it the big come on And got into the Wheatfield and threw a few punches. Stewards grabbed him and a Hearts fan ran onto the track and punched him in the face. This was following by multiple smoke bombs being thrown.

Its been years since someone got huckled like that, arm up the back then doing the original walk of shame along the front of the Wheatfield. 

6 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Seriously?

Unfortunately so, since the singing section were formed at the start of the season it seems the amount of idiots in the hearts support have increased dramatically. 

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Still not had Budge's statement condemning sunday, never mind last night.

Hearts outwith the old firm have always had the biggest percentage of bellends in their support.

I’m sure she will come out with one this week, she loves a statement. 

I would have argued with your second point last season, but not now, hopefully swift action is taken. 

8 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Unfortunately so, since the singing section were formed at the start of the season it seems the amount of idiots in the hearts support have increased dramatically. 

I’m sure she will come out with one this week, she loves a statement. 

I would have argued with your second point last season, but not now, hopefully swift action is taken. 

Is it just a coincidence that Hannibal jnr has started going?!!

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

On the pitch, could have won it but happy enough with a draw in the end. I fully expected to lose three games this week, the team we fielded last night would struggle against just about any team in this league, other than maybe Dundee and St Mirren. First chance this season to see what Hibs have to offer and the answer was a pretty clear not all that much really. Probably more physical than Hearts if anything, and have certainly gone backwards since last season.

Off the pitch, too many in both sets of support need to calm down. Coins, pyro, keys etc being thrown by both (onto the pitch and at each other), the whole thing is in danger of getting out of hand. The guy who threw the coin that hit Lennon should be identified and banned for life by the club, and the police should be charging him. Same goes for anyone else caught on film throwing something. After events outside the stadium on Sunday and last night, Hearts as a club need to take action, using stewards, CCTV and self-policing by the fans to get the folk who are throwing things banned. Clubs should be getting fined and/or docked points too. No excuse for what happened to Lennon; no matter what he was up to the villains are those throwing things. He’s a bawbag, just about everyone knows it, but so what? What has happened to him at Tynecastle on more than one occasion now is a disgrace. I don’t think it helps playing these games at night incidentally, drink had clearly been taken by many and everything always seems ramped up under the lights somehow.

Good post and without the usual whataboutery. 👍

Fan behaviour has been on the decline across the board for a few years now. You can put it down to a few factors, one being the rise of the ultras culture. Another being the lack of a sense of immediacy over consequences. You just don't see the cops lifting anyone on the spot any more. I understand why they don't but consequences often dont come till months or even years later giving rise to the belief that these guys can pull a scarf over their faces and disappear into the crowd and get away with it.......and sometimes they do.

Edited by slasher