This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

Cracking game on Saturday at the restricted view Dome.

Lennon went back to Shitey 3 central defenders tactics and it killed us early on.

genuinely thought we were going to nick a draw at 3-2.  Thought Kamberi was excellent and for Celtic I wish James Forrest would play like that for Scotland at least once in 25 caps.

celtic were unplayable at times though.

2 hours ago, giblet said:

I wish James Forrest would play like that for Scotland at least once in 25 caps.

celtic were unplayable at times though.

Yes, it’s like he shrinks when he pulls on a Scotland shirt? You wonder if one good game could turn that round, but he’s had so many chances and been virtually anonymous in all of them.

It does appear rather ominously that things have started to click for Celtic last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Jambos going 6 points clear as it stands.

Blimey!!!!!!!

It’s impressive, nobody can deny it.

disclaimer - this post was a compliment to hearts. In no way is this a criticism of rangers nor is it meant as disservice to the other clubs in the Scottish Premiership.👍🏻

Kilmarnock Football Club wishes to express its great disappointment at comments made by the SFA’s Head of Refereeing, John Fleming, in relation to our player, Jordan Jones.

In a letter to the Dundee Supporters’ Association (DSA) regarding one of the penalty incidents against Dundee, Mr Fleming has stated: “The two-match suspension offered to the player has been accepted by the club which, in my opinion, clearly indicates the player committed an act of simulation during the match".

"On accepting the two-match suspension, the club, in my opinion, are accepting the player committed the act, solely to deceive the referee."

In our statement on the matter, we made it clear that Jordan denied committing an act of simulation and denied any intention to deceive the referee. The sole reason for not challenging the charge was that we had no additional substantive evidence to submit for consideration so therefore took a pragmatic view to accept the penalty and move on.

Having taken this decision and accepted the penalty, we expected this matter to be closed.

It is unprecedented for the SFA’s Head of Refereeing to make remarks of this nature.

The original correspondence from the DSA to the SFA and Mr Fleming expressing concern over the suitability of Steven McLean to take charge of Kilmarnock matches was completely baseless and cast unfounded aspersions on the referee’s character.

It is highly ironic that after another organisation has cast aspersions on the integrity of a match official, it is our club which has been the subject of negative remarks by a senior officer of the SFA.

A formal complaint has been submitted to the SFA and we expect the matter to be investigated fully.

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Kilmarnock Football Club wishes to express its great disappointment at comments made by the SFA’s Head of Refereeing, John Fleming, in relation to our player, Jordan Jones.

In a letter to the Dundee Supporters’ Association (DSA) regarding one of the penalty incidents against Dundee, Mr Fleming has stated: “The two-match suspension offered to the player has been accepted by the club which, in my opinion, clearly indicates the player committed an act of simulation during the match".

"On accepting the two-match suspension, the club, in my opinion, are accepting the player committed the act, solely to deceive the referee."

In our statement on the matter, we made it clear that Jordan denied committing an act of simulation and denied any intention to deceive the referee. The sole reason for not challenging the charge was that we had no additional substantive evidence to submit for consideration so therefore took a pragmatic view to accept the penalty and move on.

Having taken this decision and accepted the penalty, we expected this matter to be closed.

It is unprecedented for the SFA’s Head of Refereeing to make remarks of this nature.

The original correspondence from the DSA to the SFA and Mr Fleming expressing concern over the suitability of Steven McLean to take charge of Kilmarnock matches was completely baseless and cast unfounded aspersions on the referee’s character.

It is highly ironic that after another organisation has cast aspersions on the integrity of a match official, it is our club which has been the subject of negative remarks by a senior officer of the SFA.

A formal complaint has been submitted to the SFA and we expect the matter to be investigated fully.

Not the first club recently to suffer at the hands of this so called independent/neutral group of shysters, I do think he was looking for contact which didn't happen so he looks guilty of the charge but the SFA's head of refereeing should not be writing to DSA with the comments he did, perhaps he would be better explaining how the referee's panel worked and came to their decisions.

Hearts have for some reason only given us 650 for the game next month, even thought we took more than that midweek last year in horrendous blizzards that saw the country grind to a halt for 3 days.

Killie just put the tickets on general sale at 10am this morning with no notice, so was a mad scramble to get somebody to sort my tickets out as I'm in Glasgow.

£28 for upper section of the stand, dearest away game of the season.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hearts have for some reason only given us 650 for the game next month, even thought we took more than that midweek last year in horrendous blizzards that saw the country grind to a halt for 3 days.

Killie just put the tickets on general sale at 10am this morning with no notice, so was a mad scramble to get somebody to sort my tickets out as I'm in Glasgow.

That will be Section M of the Roseburn.

only section H&J of the Roseburn are on sale to Hearts fans at the moment so there is the potential for more tickets for Killie in sections K&L.

the prices at Tynecastle are a bit ridiculous this season. 

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

That will be Section M of the Roseburn.

only section H&J of the Roseburn are on sale to Hearts fans at the moment so there is the potential for more tickets for Killie in sections K&L.

the prices at Tynecastle are a bit ridiculous this season. 

Seemingly our 650 are all but gone on first day of sale.

Only some in upper tier left, lower section sold out.

Hearts used to be one of the most reasonably priced grounds, now it's the most expensive.

21 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We were £30 last weekend, no wonder they can sign 30 new players. :-)

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I thought you lot were even dearer, maybe £32?

Little wonder there were 1,500 or so empty seats in the home end despite being top of the league at those prices.

think its £32 and £30 for the top section and lower section which are gold and bronze for category A games 

£28 and £20 for category B games.

going by that my season ticket at £340 for me and £55 for the kids in the wheatfield was good value. 

23 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Seemingly our 650 are all but gone on first day of sale.

Only some in upper tier left, lower section sold out.

Hearts used to be one of the most reasonably priced grounds, now it's the most expensive.

That new main stand won't pay for its self.

3 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

think its £32 and £30 for the top section and lower section which are gold and bronze for category A games 

going by that my season ticket at £340 for me and £55 for the kids in the wheatfield was good value. 

32 I paid for the Roseburn in August.

Still 17 quid cheaper than Ibrox 

4 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

Surely after that 1st half we can be downgraded to Category B and given a refund???

On 10/24/2018 at 3:07 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Will be 3pts by 5pm on Saturday.

That you counting yer Killie pies before they're made?

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Total domination from Saints against the Buddies. Missed two penalties and still won 2-0.

Watt has fair faded.