This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Tom Rogic was ridiculous yesterday but so was the result.....we should have scored about 8!

So could Hibs TBF, our midfield was non existent yesterday after Brown went off. Was some game though, two teams going for it in the pissing rain, was fucking great.

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What an away day 

It was the SFA's very own version of Alan, Tory Twatt Douglas Ross, that ran the line yesterday and it was he who decreed the ball had crossed the line.  for goal no 2...

I feel a wee bit guilty for celebrating it now..  😉 

2 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Big win for Rangers this, home form has been outstanding but away form sh!t.

The league gets more interesting 

By interesting I’m talking about the relegation battle, couldn’t give a feck about the top 😋

On 10/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, Ormond said:

Injury time winner for the Billy Daintees. Motherwell really are our bitch. It seems to be the one side that we do well against. 

A draw would’ve been a fair result.

Motherwell were by far the better team 1st half, and had a couple of chances we should’ve put away early in the 2nd.

StJohnstone seemed to change their system and just strangled the game for the rest of the 2nd half.

They did finish strongly. Although the goal was maybe fortunate in that the corner cane as a result of our centre half taking a shot flush in the face, and he was off when the corner cane in and they scored.

Bizarre antics from Bobby Madden, who appeared to be attempting to wind up the ‘well fans in the east stand throughout the 1st half and was clearly lapping up the abuse he was getting. He came and stood with his heels on the touchline a couple of times after debated decisions to soak up the abuse.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

A draw would’ve been a fair result.

Motherwell were by far the better team 1st half, and had a couple of chances we should’ve put away early in the 2nd.

StJohnstone seemed to change their system and just strangled the game for the rest of the 2nd half.

They did finish strongly. Although the goal was maybe fortunate in that the corner cane as a result of our centre half taking a shot flush in the face, and he was off when the corner cane in and they scored.

Bizarre antics from Bobby Madden, who appeared to be attempting to wind up the ‘well fans in the east stand throughout the 1st half and was clearly lapping up the abuse he was getting. He came and stood with his heels on the touchline a couple of times after debated decisions to soak up the abuse.

Every single report I’ve read states anything other than 3 points for Saints would’ve been unjust. 

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Every single report I’ve read states anything other than 3 points for Saints would’ve been unjust. 

Really? They offered nothing for 75 minutes and appeared to be playing for a draw.

They did finish the better of the 2 teams though.

I’ve not got to many games this season so looking at the performance in isolation I thought Motherwell were okay, but lots of folk around me weren’t as kind, when you hear fans fighting (not physically) amongst themselves, you know things aren’t going well.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Really? They offered nothing for 75 minutes and appeared to be playing for a draw.

They did finish the better of the 2 teams though.

I’ve not got to many games this season so looking at the performance in isolation I thought Motherwell were okay, but lots of folk around me weren’t as kind, when you hear fans fighting (not physically) amongst themselves, you know things aren’t going well.

It really is amazing what people choose to see given what their allegiance is. 😂

Your ‘keeper was said to be MOM! 

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

It really is amazing what people choose to see given what their allegiance is. 😂

Your ‘keeper was said to be MOM! 

😂

it is funny how 2 people can watch the same game from a different perspective and see it completely different.

Carson did make one good save I remember from a low shot, I think it was from Drey Wright. He was the best player on the park I thought (Wright).

Im not denying my bias, but Motherwell definitely shaded the 1st half, would probably have to concede saints shaded the 2nd.

9 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Canny wait to see Rangers playing with 11 on the park, wtf does Gerrard see in Ojaria? 

I quite like him as a player. Certainly has a decent first touch. Probably does not make enough killer first passes. Certainly not first choice and when Jack returns the whole set up of the midfield will change. 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I quite like him as a player. Certainly has a decent first touch. Probably does not make enough killer first passes. Certainly not first choice and when Jack returns the whole set up of the midfield will change. 

Hope your right bud, I find Ojaria frustrating to watch as he looks to try and be a superstar when more straight forward passes to be made. He must get a lot of time on the ball in training. Jack, Dorrans and possibly Rossiter will all be ahead of him soon.