This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

two game ban given to Jones

Motherwell player had a worse dive the week before for the pen.

Sportscene never highlighted it as much and guess what, no ban.

I have no issues with players getting done for diving but there is zero consistency.

The referees are beyond incompetent, as are their bosses.

Jones basically got done by a trial by TV.

Why no ban for that dive?

Edited by Squirrelhumper

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Motherwell player had a worse dive the week before for the pen.

Sportscene never highlighted it as much and guess what, no ban.

I have no issues with players getting done for diving but there is zero consistency.

The referees are beyond incompetent, as are their bosses.

Jones basically got done by a trial by TV.

Why no ban for that dive?

I agree with you, this is what Stewart Milne was on about and exactly why there needs to be changes made at the top. Unfortunately our clubs won't stand together to make it right

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I agree with you, this is what Stewart Milne was on about and exactly why there needs to be changes made at the top. Unfortunately our clubs won't stand together to make it right

To be fair, this is the same Milne who sided with Celtic when the other clubs wanted to change the voting structure when Rangers were in the lower leagues. Even that cunt MJ voted with the other clubs! He's got cheek wanting the others to back him now.

This is a smokescreen, granted it was a poor decision. However, killie were by far the better team and the media are out to protect "one of their own".

McCann has his media pals running around trying to save his job for him. The facts are that he is a crap manager and should probably have been sacked last season.

Steve Clarke has to attend a hearing for saying far less than what McCann said after the match.

Double standards and inconsistencies.

9 minutes ago, stirlish said:

This is a smokescreen, granted it was a poor decision. However, killie were by far the better team and the media are out to protect "one of their own".

McCann has his media pals running around trying to save his job for him. The facts are that he is a crap manager and should probably have been sacked last season.

Steve Clarke has to attend a hearing for saying far less than what McCann said after the match.

Bang on.

It gives McCann a stay of execution, which is hilarious as he's a terrible manager.

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

But if the ref had spotted it at the time he wouldn't even have got that. It's no fair, so it isnae.

That's why my suggestion of the managers being allowed to 'challenge' at the time would work best.

40 minutes ago, stirlish said:

Regardless, the 'phantom' penalty has gifted Killie 2 extra points in the standings while denying Dundee a point.

54 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bang on.

It gives McCann a stay of execution, which is hilarious as he's a terrible manager.

Long may it last, him keeping his job is the only chance we have of staying up.

Edited to say, I assume you will easily sell out your allocation on Saturday week, you normally fill the away end when you’re mid table never mind when you’re going well, if we play like we did last Saturday it’ll be an away banker for your coupon.

Edited by Jersey Jim

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Edited to say, I assume you will easily sell out your allocation on Saturday week, you normally fill the away end when you’re mid table never mind when you’re going well, if we play like we did last Saturday it’ll be an away banker for your coupon.

Aye, seemingly we've asked for more like in the past but I think your singing section is gonna mean we'll get the request knocked back.

Looks like 1,600 will be our lot.

I've got mine so not really caring but quite a few will miss out I think.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

To be fair, this is the same Milne who sided with Celtic when the other clubs wanted to change the voting structure when Rangers were in the lower leagues. Even that cunt MJ voted with the other clubs! He's got cheek wanting the others to back him now.

And round and round we go. You basically just proved my point. Maybe one day the clubs will see sense and forget what’s gone on in the past for a small period of time and we can get on with improving the game i Scotland 

On 10/7/2018 at 4:31 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Strange game now. Hearts coming more into it. Would expect Lafferty on and a thoroughly ungracious celebration in front of the away fans as hearts pay the price for pushing on in search of another goal.

Edit: this rangers commentator is brutal. It’s funny listening to Mark Walters humouring him as his interpretations get more and more incredulous!

Should have watched it on Hearts tv then,  obviously he is biased towards Rangers

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

And round and round we go. You basically just proved my point. Maybe one day the clubs will see sense and forget what’s gone on in the past for a small period of time and we can get on with improving the game i Scotland 

You've basically just quoted my signature! :ok:

22 hours ago, stirlish said:

Pish. McCann is a lovely guy. I know. I have met him. He is trying his best for dundee under difficult circumstances.  Because he played for rangers he is a hated figure on here. I wish him the best. As i do all other managers in scotland. But he played for the gets and he is condemed by u guys.

46 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Pish. McCann is a lovely guy. I know. I have met him. He is trying his best for dundee under difficult circumstances.  Because he played for rangers he is a hated figure on here. I wish him the best. As i do all other managers in scotland. But he played for the gets and he is condemed by u guys.

Nonsense. Ive also met him; quite a few times. He is a rodent and a shitebag of a man.

‘Lovely guy’ 😂 

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

He's disliked cos he's a cunt, nothing to do with him playing for Rangers.

Same reason I think somebody like Shay Logan is a cunt.   

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You think Gazza is a "lovely guy" too though. 

Says a lot about you tbh.