This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

First Saints game of the season for me this Saturday.

Flying into Inverness tomorrow for a night on the 🍺 then train to Aberdeen early Saturday morning, looking forward to my visit to the Granite City, but fear a hammering for us up there as our record is shocking at Pittodrie.

Guest faircity
36 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

oh the irony 

I deal in facts Sir.  You have been made to look quite the fool by a gentleman from Ayrshire. Quit when you are behind, there's a good lad. 

Guest faircity

Time for action. 

Not sure what, play him regardless or boycott the semi or something, I don't know. This outrageously corrupt setup in Scotland needs exposed to a wider audience. 

4 minutes ago, faircity said:

Time for action. 

Not sure what, play him regardless or boycott the semi or something, I don't know. This outrageously corrupt setup in Scotland needs exposed to a wider audience. 

Pointless, they won’t care. It was a clumsy challenge, I would agree 100% with that, but.......

We now know that deliberately kicking out at opponents isn’t reckless, we’ve seen it more than once this season. Maybe someone should just kick out instead to break down an attack, it’ll be nothing more than a freekick and allow your team to regroup. 

Cowardly bastards trying to make it look as if they debated it thoroughly before announcing their sentence, or maybe Rodgers managed to speak to them afore his game started. I see McKennas victim has recovered enough to start tonight’s game🖕

Guest faircity
1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Pointless, they won’t care. It was a clumsy challenge, I would agree 100% with that, but.......

We now know that deliberately kicking out at opponents isn’t reckless, we’ve seen it more than once this season. Maybe someone should just kick out instead to break down an attack, it’ll be nothing more than a freekick and allow your team to regroup. 

It is pointless but is their any point parting with hard earned cash to watch a competition that is clearly loaded against the majority of teams competing in it? These appeal results cannot be interpreted any other way than blatantly wrong. 

Was he only cited after Rodgers complained about it or were they looking at it already, shows how Rodgers reacts  when things aren’t going his way and he’s under some pressure, greeting faced prick moaning about everything.

He hits the the Celtic guy half-way up the thigh with both feet off the ground. He can't be in control if he is flying through the air with no contact with the ground. Red card without a doubt. Ref fucked up. 

It was more like a Kung Fu move than a tackle. 

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

He hits the the Celtic guy half-way up the thigh with both feet off the ground. He can't be in control if he is flying through the air with no contact with the ground. Red card without a doubt. Ref fucked up. 

Inconsistency and making things up as they go along is the issue here. 

It stinks.

They've been shown up for what are.

What happens next? Not sure, but it's not encouraging anyone to part with their hard earned to watch the duopoly.

Guest faircity
2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It's the double standards though. Morelos was red carded for kicking a player off the ball, caught on camera and absolutely no doubt it was the correct decision yet it was overturned. 

McKenna's appeal has far more going for it than Morelos' one did due to the fact he played the ball before any contact and it's debatable whether or not he even know that Edouard was coming. 

No surprises which way the rulings went. 

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I can’t believe anyone truly believes that it shouldn’t have been a red.

Of course you do.

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The issue is that it was done after the event, that is the only issue here, that our referees are so bloody poor.

Had McKenna been unjustly given a red card for an accidental clash then he would have received a one game suspension.

Because the ref didn't make a call, McKenna is now given two games?

Is it fair on McKenna to now miss more time than what the incident originally would have cost?

Awkward encounter? Yes

Deliberate? No.

McKenna was only interested in a hurried clearance to the point where he used his weaker foot.

(Keep in mind that the Celtic player started tonight.)

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Of course you do.

Had McKenna been unjustly given a red card for an accidental clash then he would have received a one game suspension.

Because the ref didn't make a call, McKenna is now given two games?

Is it fair on McKenna to now miss more time than what the incident originally would have cost?

Awkward encounter? Yes

Deliberate? No.

McKenna was only interested in a hurried clearance to the point where he used his weaker foot.

(Keep in mind that the Celtic player started tonight.)

Happy to be corrected but my understanding is that the officials had to miss the incident for this panel to review it. Did the ref and his assistants honestly miss it? I doubt it.

an extra game ban, no explanation given🙄

if anything all fans should be standing against the SFA and the SPFL right now because of what has happened recently

morelos kick - red was right call

naismith stamp - no retrospective action but there should’ve been

browns elbow - no retrospective action but there should’ve been

mcregor kick - no retrospective action but there should’ve been

mckenna incident- retrospective action claiming no official saw the incident

the semi final debacle - enough said

im not claiming conspiracy theory, I’m claiming incompetence and a lack of knowing the rules of the game

What’s the fuck is wrong with the people running the game in Scotland? It’s embarrassment after embarrassment 

5 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Wake up. It was a red card all day long... just because you get a few dodgy decisions doesn't mean you can appeal the obvious. They should shut up... what is it with moaning nowadays? Everyone wants to greet to order.

If there’s one set of supporters who should never ever have a go at another for moaning, it’s the huns. I’m sure your club and supporters clubs must be due a statement soon. It’s been a a while.

you also seem to be claiming Aberdeen should just accept it. You’d be greeting like a bubbling bairn if this was happening to rangers. As I’ve explained above, try to think bigger picture.

Edited by vanderark14

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Happy to be corrected but my understanding is that the officials had to miss the incident for this panel to review it. Did the ref and his assistants honestly miss it? I doubt it.

an extra game ban, no explanation given🙄

if anything all fans should be standing against the SFA and the SPFL right now because of what has happened recently

morelos kick - red was right call

naismith stamp - no retrospective action but there should’ve been

browns elbow - no retrospective action but there should’ve been

mcregor kick - no retrospective action but there should’ve been

mckenna incident- retrospective action claiming no official saw the incident

the semi final debacle - enough said

im not claiming conspiracy theory, I’m claiming incompetence and a lack of knowing the rules of the game

What’s the fuck is wrong with the people running the game in Scotland? It’s embarrassment after embarrassment 

If there’s one set of supporters who should never ever have a go at another for moaning, it’s the huns. I’m sure your club and supporters clubs must be due a statement soon. It’s been a a while.

you also seem to be claiming Aberdeen should just accept it. You’d be greeting like a bubbling bairn if this was happening to rangers. As I’ve explained above, try to think bigger picture.

Take a look at your post... I'd hate to be your husband 😉

Can any one give any precedent for a citing for a bad/clumsy tackle?

The whole disciplinary system is now beyond parody and Aberdeen seem to have got the brunt of the bad while Rangers have got the benefit of the good. It’s no wonder they have a weegie complex.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The whole disciplinary system is now beyond parody and Aberdeen seem to have got the brunt of the bad while Rangers have got the benefit of the good. It’s no wonder they have a weegie complex.

That's not a new thing though.

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Should make no difference whatsoever.

It does since the claim is that McKenna was only interested in the ball.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

No

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

59 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That's not a new thing though.

Got it in one.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Pretty sure Willie Johnston got cited following a Gers-Dons game years ago for standing on John McMaster's neck.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Pretty sure Willie Johnston got cited following a Gers-Dons game years ago for standing on John McMaster's neck.

Mcmaster had to be given the kiss of life. Johnston said he thought it was willie miller

the challenge we always hear about when the teams play each other is Neil Simpson injuring the white pele

Edited by vanderark14

59 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

That’s not really a tackle though.

:lol:

The point I was making was people get cited for off the ball incidents, kick, stamps, elbows. I don’t remember any for clumsy challenges.

33 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s not really a tackle though.

:lol:

The point I was making was non Old-Firm sides get cited for off the ball incidents, kick, stamps, elbows. I don’t remember any for clumsy challenges.

Fixed it for you.