This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 35 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

You can break down anytime you want to, sounds like you’re more than half way there already.

Resorting to pretty dreadful patter isnae helping u, time tae log oot. Use the time to study the actual laws of the game. You might learn something 👍

12 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

what i was pointing out has gone right over your head 

And the fact that I was having a wee joke at the perm-offended Celtic fans appears to have whooshed passed you. And then you've kind of proved my point. 😀 

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

Looks like we are refereeing through the media, social media etc now

Or alternatively, which ever way suits the old firm. It's a fuckin racket. 

10 hours ago, faircity said:

Or alternatively, which ever way suits the old firm. It's a fuckin racket. 

Aye, it really suits Celtic that McKenna was allowed to stay on the park for the rest of the game, however the next 2 teams Aberdeen play gain the advantage of him not playing. That's a real big boost to Celtics season.

21 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Aye, it really suits Celtic that McKenna was allowed to stay on the park for the rest of the game, however the next 2 teams Aberdeen play gain the advantage of him not playing. That's a real big boost to Celtics season.

It is one of the quirks of retrospective punishment I suppose.

Having seen it at full speed from a few different angles, it looks 100 times worse in the still image than it was in reality.

I suspect the ref has bottled giving a penalty and taking action, but I’d have said foul and a yellow based on real time video evidence.

So a 2 game ban seems harsh and unprecedented, I don’t remember any retrospective bans for mistimed/clumsy challenges, Ryan Bowman on Kieran Tierney was worse and got plenty media attention.

18 hours ago, slasher said:

Let me break down for u. McKenna came in at pace, from the side, two footed, leading with his studs and landed almost waist high. The very definition of a red card. If anyone is taking pish it's you fella 👍

Pure comedy.

McKenna only went for the ball at the edge of the box as it was incoming to a danger area.

He knew nothing of the player and they ended up clashing.

Unfortunate, but it happens.

20 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Pure comedy.

McKenna only went for the ball at the edge of the box as it was incoming to a danger area.

Strangely I can't disagree with much of that. Conveniently missed out that the challenge was completely reckless, however..

Anyway, suspending him now doesn't help Celtic in any way, so I don't care if he gets 2 games, 3 games, or 0 games.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

Guest faircity
57 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Strangely I can't disagree with much of that. Conveniently missed out that the challenge was completely reckless, however..

Anyway, suspending him now doesn't help Celtic in any way, so I don't care if he gets 2 games, 3 games, or 0 games.

I give up after reading that. 

Edited by faircity

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Pure comedy.

Aaaah I see now the error of my ways oh enlightened one. It was just a coming together, a minor collision. Nothing to see here, let's move on. 😏

Guest faircity
3 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Check out the red card for Ayr Utd in a cup game against  Hibs think the tackle was on John McGinn 

If we check out your history for talking pish then we will be here for a long time. Give it up.