This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

But if the 'in demand' game is sold out then they should just show that one.

I don’t disagree.

Not sure what the exact terms of the deal are, but heard that quoted and never seen any evidence to disprove it’s the case.

They’ll keep a game at Ibrox/parkhead up their sleeve for end of season and already showed celtics 1st home game v Livi.

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not sure?

Would probably impact season ticket sales at Ibrox and parkhead if all their home games were on TV.

:lol:

it does.

We played Hibs last game of season a few years back. Losers went into play off.

Couldn't be shown on TV as Hibs had already had their quota of home games on TV. I actually preferred it as we took over 2,500 up to Edinburgh but seemed daft that it wasn't on TV.

If they really want to promote Scottish football, then show the game with the most significance, instead of making rules that they themselves have to try and work around.

And while I'm here... fill the stadiums for the semis by providing fan-friendly fixtures.

Aberdeen v Sevco @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Sunday October 28th

Hearts v Celtic @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Saturday November 3rd  

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That’s kind of fair enough but there has to be some sort of discretion. The game I quoted has the potential to be a belter. Personally I’d watch hearts v rangers if I was free to do so, I’d have no intention of watching st Johnstone v Celtic. That’s no disrespect to either of those sides, I just feel one of those games has more potential 

"Free" to watch on youtube, IPTV, Facebook, lots of "Free" sites on the internet. Just about every game of football is live if you know where to look. I think just about every SPL team has their own tv station which shows the game live.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:07 PM, stewarty66 said:

No fan of Celtic or Rangers but at least the condemnation of what took place today is gaining attention. 

Green Brigade trashed around 70 seats at Rugby Park last week and not a mention about it. 

Mind you, as we gubbed them I'm not holding my breath. 

Last time it happened at RP was when they clinched the title and Lawell claimed it was just "over exuberance" before eventually coughing up to repair the damage. 

Every club will always pay for damage caused by the away fan so lets not make it an issue as you are trying 

23 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Every club will always pay for damage caused by the away fan so lets not make it an issue as you are trying 

Most clubs don’t have to.

Paying for the damage doesn’t really make it acceptable behaviour.

I’d guess I’ve been to about 800 football matches in my life, and managed it without breaking my seat once. Yet 100 wee wanks in khaki jackets manage to break 100s of seats every other month.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Most clubs don’t have to.

Paying for the damage doesn’t really make it acceptable behaviour.

I’d guess I’ve been to about 800 football matches in my life, and managed it without breaking my seat once. Yet 100 wee wanks in khaki jackets manage to break 100s of seats every other month.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-pay-price-after-fans-2874895

seems your club have 

7 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-pay-price-after-fans-2874895

seems your club have 

I’d manage to block any memory of that game out, thanks for the reminder.

Goes to prove there’s wee arseholes follow other teams as well.

When it starts happening every other away game I’ll be concerned.

17 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d manage to block any memory of that game out, thanks for the reminder.

Goes to prove there’s wee arseholes follow other teams as well.

When it starts happening every other away game I’ll be concerned.

Ssssshhh! Mustn't criticise the wonderful Celtic supporters. Angels every one. 

Hopefully the moron that injured the linesman is caught soon and forced to watch repeats of the game for a couple of years solid. Seems a suitable punishment. 

Didn't see the game or listen to it as had done the Great Scottish Run 10k in the morning and was out replacing the calories. 

Have since watched the highlights and spoken to a couple of folk that did watch it. Sounds like we got what we deserved, nothing. Not enough heart shown especially in the final third and as bad as we were Livi were good. 

Well deserved 3 points for them

Up to Rangers to bounce back tomorrow and then against Hearts but I think the Livi result maybe proves we're not there yet when it comes to a title challenge. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ssssshhh! Mustn't criticise the wonderful Celtic supporters. Angels every one. 

Hopefully the moron that injured the linesman is caught soon and forced to watch repeats of the game for a couple of years solid. Seems a suitable punishment. 

Didn't see the game or listen to it as had done the Great Scottish Run 10k in the morning and was out replacing the calories. 

Have since watched the highlights and spoken to a couple of folk that did watch it. Sounds like we got what we deserved, nothing. Not enough heart shown especially in the final third and as bad as we were Livi were good. 

Well deserved 3 points for them

Up to Rangers to bounce back tomorrow and then against Hearts but I think the Livi result maybe proves we're not there yet when it comes to a title challenge. 

what i was pointing out has gone right over your head 

McKenna offered a two match ban, Dona appealing.

A club spokesperson commented, “It came as a total shock to learn that Scott has been cited for an incident where the referee deemed there was no offence committed and we have subsequently lodged an appeal.”

Edited by Stewart_Aberdeen

16 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Fairly unusual to see someone cited for a bad/mistimed tackle is it not?

I can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Ive only seen the still image and if that’s a fair reflection at all, then it was wild.

Played the ball then caught him on follow thru, was nae intent on his part to hurt anyone, was a bit reckless but can’t believe he’s been cited for it especially after players having reds for deliberately kicking someone rescinded 🤬

41 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

the only suitability reaction to this latest nonsense from those running the scottish game is WHAT THE FUCK???

They’re just reacting to Rodgers comments about it being a reckless tackle , he seems to have forgotten broons assault at Ross county which was later rescinded, did he say that tackle was reckless, football in Scotland is totally f**ked.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Played the ball then caught him on follow thru, was nae intent on his part to hurt anyone, was a bit reckless but can’t believe he’s been cited for it especially after players having reds for deliberately kicking someone rescinded 🤬

I've seen some amount of pish on this board at times but this is up there. McKenna is lucky he wisnae up on an assault charge. I can see why the sheep have appealed it though as Madhun couldn't possibly have missed it. I'd far rather see that dick demoted. I've said it before, he will end up ending someone's career with the type of challenges he allows.

You need to take those green goggles off once in a while, I said it was a bit reckless but fuck all like your thug broon does game after game with nae cards, even when he gets punished they appeal & get it rescinded. McKenna’s a hard but nae dirty player who you would love to have but too cheap to pay for.

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

You need to take those green goggles off once in a while, I said it was a bit reckless but fuck all like your thug broon does game after game with nae cards, even when he gets punished they appeal & get it rescinded. McKenna’s a hard but nae dirty player who you would love to have but too cheap to pay for.

Again absolute pish. The worst tackles I saw last season were on Scott Brown, not by him. I dunno what goggles your wearing but youre havering pish. No doubt the usual suspects will be along soon to defend your opinion on Broony. 👍

9 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye broons always the poor wee innocent victim, can imagine the outcry if Shinnie or Logan had snatched Rodgers instructions oot of broons hands, green brigade would of gone mental. He’s an arrogant arsehole.

Aye, maybe he is, definitely not a victim though. I've never seen him commit the sort of cowardly challenge the likes of Andrew Davies put in on  him last season or fly two footed and out of control the way McKenna did on Saturday. Plays on the edge at times and gives as good as he gets 👍

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye, maybe he is, definitely not a victim though. I've never seen him commit the sort of cowardly challenge the likes of Andrew Davies put in on  him last season or fly two footed and out of control the way McKenna did on Saturday. Plays on the edge at times and gives as good as he gets 👍

You missed his elbow thrown at a hearts player earlier this season then?

6 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

You called slasher coz you talk pish all the time?

Let me break down for u. McKenna came in at pace, from the side, two footed, leading with his studs and landed almost waist high. The very definition of a red card. If anyone is taking pish it's you fella 👍