This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 33 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

15 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You would have to swear on the bible mind, so if asked if he was a sevco or Rangers supporter you would have to tell the truth.  No?  

Yes, but there'd be no need to ask that.

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Great.

Just need to see if it comes about now.

Edited by Scotty CTA

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You are on the wrong forum if you think Rangers fans will get any credit pal.

No fan of Celtic or Rangers but at least the condemnation of what took place today is gaining attention. 

Green Brigade trashed around 70 seats at Rugby Park last week and not a mention about it. 

Mind you, as we gubbed them I'm not holding my breath. 

Last time it happened at RP was when they clinched the title and Lawell claimed it was just "over exuberance" before eventually coughing up to repair the damage. 

1 minute ago, stewarty66 said:

No fan of Celtic or Rangers but at least the condemnation of what took place today is gaining attention. 

Green Brigade trashed around 70 seats at Rugby Park last week and not a mention about it. 

Last time it happened at RP was when they clinched the title and Lawell claimed it was just "over exuberance" before eventually coughing up to repair the damage. 

No no no no no!  It's the bad Rangers fans that do that.  You need to get down with the TAMB on here.  I am scum and know my place.  Don't you go down the road of criticising other clubs fans.  Not the done thing.  You come away with a sensible debate and you will be put on ignore by the mature guys on here.  Watch and learn how it works.  Anyway, as I am scum I will away and .................

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Should count even more.

Anyway, I do 'recognise' them as Sevco wear the same strip at Oldco (fooling only their own fans).

Sevco, Oldco, tenko.  It's all confusing.  Think I will stick to FIFA and the rules and call them Rangers.  Anyway, have a good night in North America.  I think that's what some folk call it 😜

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I am scum and know my place. Anyway, as I am scum I will away and .................

Well, I certainly don't think you are scum.

Anyway, can we get down to Sevco's next 2 games, please?

Will this be where we well and truly see the end of the honeymoon between the Sevco fans and the figurehead that is Steven Gerrard?

At home in Europe on Thursday, and then at home to League leaders, Hearts, on Sunday.

What kind of a reception will Naismith get?

Personally hoping for a 0-0.

And you thought I'd want Sevco to get humped?

(Sorry. Aberdeen is more important.)

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Anyway, have a good night in North America.  I think that's what some folk call it 😜

Yes, that's what the continent I live in is called.

(No need to be so cutting.)

3 hours ago, phart said:

The league table looking refreshingly good.

It does indeed, I expect us to pick up soon and out of the others only Kilmarnock have really shown any kind of long term consistency to sustain a title challenge, so not entirely sure I expect the others to hang around for too long.

41 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Well, I certainly don't think you are scum.

Anyway, can we get down to Sevco's next 2 games, please?

Will this be where we well and truly see the end of the honeymoon between the Sevco fans and the figurehead that is Steven Gerrard?

At home in Europe on Thursday, and then at home to League leaders, Hearts, on Sunday.

What kind of a reception will Naismith get?

Personally hoping for a 0-0.

And you thought I'd want Sevco to get humped?

(Sorry. Aberdeen is more important.)

Yes, that's what the continent I live in is called.

(No need to be so cutting.)

Ha ha. Good night Scotty.

2 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Credit where credit's due. 

Nobody can excuse the cretin that managed to hit the linesman,  but is it not the case that just about every away team get objects thrown at them when taking corners, free kicks etc, whether it be cups of tea, plastic bottles, lighters, coins or one day shite no doubt. I was reading a thread last night about someone complaining about getting his sporran checked and thought the stewards were out of order. 

These officials are only out to make a living ffs

The only difference with this incident is that it connected with the intended target.

Did Griffiths not get hit with missiles last season also?

Edited by The White Ceelo

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Seen the scumbag throwing it. He’s on the tv cameras, shouldn’t be difficult to trace. He even cheers as the missile connects. 

Wouldnt want to be his wife, partner tonight..p45 waiting also when he is named and shamed.

Dont people realise there are fuckin cameras everywhere now.

12 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

I love how he equates himself to all rangers fans, clearly failing to see the problem on this board is not rangers fans, it’s on individual who happens to support rangers.

nice to see the Huns campaigning online for the right reasons this time. 

Edited by vanderark14

Looking at the league table, it’s very refreshing to see it like that despite my own team being average so far, it’s still early days but it’s still great to see other sides leading the way and the dominant side from recent years further down. 

Celtic will still win it but it’s going to be a tougher slog than usual. 

On another note, next weekend there’s is no doubt where the game of the day is. Rangers v Hearts is the top game, rangers need to bounce back from defeat and hearts are riding the crest of a wave. It will be a full house too but which match is on Tv?  St Johnstone v Celtic.

theyve also got Kilmarnock v Aberdeen on Sunday the 4th at 12.15 🤪🤪🤪. There’s zero thought put into these fixtures. 

the SPFL and BT really need to get a grip but after the decision to play two matches in one day at hampden, I don’t hold out much hope.

Edited by vanderark14

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Looking at the league table, it’s very refreshing to see it like that despite my own team being average so far, it’s still early days but it’s still great to see other sides leading the way and the dominant side from recent years further down. 

Celtic will still win it but it’s going to be a tougher slog than usual. 

On another note, next weekend there’s is no doubt where the game of the day is. Rangers v Hearts is the top game, rangers need to bounce back from defeat and hearts are riding the crest of a wave. It will be a full house too but which match is on Tv?  St Johnstone v Celtic.

theyve also got Kilmarnock v Aberdeen on Sunday the 4th at 12.15 🤪🤪🤪. There’s zero thought put into these fixtures. 

the SPFL and BT really need to get a grip but after the decision to play two matches in one day at hampden, I don’t hold out much hope.

They can only show 4 games from any 1 ground, so after 2 old firm games they can only show 2 other games from Ibrox/parkhead.

Thats why they just show Rangers away, Celtic away, Rangers away, with the token killie v Aberdeen occasionally flung in to fill a quota.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That's a pain in the arse for me to get to with a hangover and I stay in Southside of Glasgow, never mind from Aberdeen!

I mind a few years ago we played ICT away at 12 live on Sky on a sunday. Think our bus left at 6am haha

49 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They can only show 4 games from any 1 ground, so after 2 old firm games they can only show 2 other games from Ibrox/parkhead.

Thats why they just show Rangers away, Celtic away, Rangers away, with the token killie v Aberdeen occasionally flung in to fill a quota.

That’s kind of fair enough but there has to be some sort of discretion. The game I quoted has the potential to be a belter. Personally I’d watch hearts v rangers if I was free to do so, I’d have no intention of watching st Johnstone v Celtic. That’s no disrespect to either of those sides, I just feel one of those games has more potential 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Killie v Aberdeen always seems to be on a Sunday lunchtime. Horrible timing!

Anyway if we play like Saturday the viewing "masses" will be in for a treat :)