This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

13 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I can see Rodgers deciding he’s had enough. If the board won’t back him and show faith in him (and I think he’s earned that at Celtic) why would he want to hang about?

The board won’t back him? You spent a gazillion quid on a striker whilst the likes of Killie, Saints and Motherwell struggle to pay the laddie to clean the boots. I’d be wary of giving Rodgers the chequebook too if I was on the Celtic board.

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Very disappointing from Celtic but let’s give some credit to Kilmarnock. They played well and Clarke got it spot on.

If the board can’t see now they've badly fucked up by not replacing those who left as an absolute minimum then they never will. Standing still this year would’ve been ill-advised in the grand scheme of things and looking towards the next 3/4 years but even that would’ve been preferable to the clear backwards direction they’ve taken us this summer.

I think the best we can hope for is to somehow hang in there until January and then strengthen as best we can. But January is a notoriously difficult window to strengthen well in.

I can see Rodgers deciding he’s had enough. If the board won’t back him and show faith in him (and I think he’s earned that at Celtic) why would he want to hang about?

Relax, we're fuckin miles ahead at the top of the balance sheet league! 😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

The board won’t back him? You spent a gazillion quid on a striker whilst the likes of Killie, Saints and Motherwell struggle to pay the laddie to clean the boots. I’d be wary of giving Rodgers the chequebook too if I was on the Celtic board.

They failed to back him on McGinn, preferring to try and land him on the cheap.

Im not sure who we've spent a “gazillion” on, but if you think Celtic haven’t gone backwards then you’re in a very small minority.

The Celtic board backed Rodgers last summer and the summe before. This year that has not happened and we’re seeing the results of that now.

3 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

They failed to back him on McGinn, preferring to try and land him on the cheap.

Im not sure who we've spent a “gazillion” on, but if you think Celtic haven’t gone backwards then you’re in a very small minority.

The Celtic board backed Rodgers last summer and the summe before. This year that has not happened and we’re seeing the results of that now.

Edouard. Compared to the rest of us diddies that is mental money. 9 mill on a player to piss on teams like Saints, Dundee and Livingston. Aye, the board haven’t backed Rodgers with cash right enough. 🙄

Edited by Ormond

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Edouard. Compared to the rest of us diddies that is mental money. 

Correct. The chief executive has a lot to answer for but he's not responsible for us failing to beat the likes of St. Mirren and Killie. The manager needs to up his fuckin game!

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It looks quite clear to me that Rogers spunked his entire budget on a player he already had.  To say he's not been backed is mental.  He was allowed to break the clubs transfer record by 50%!!

After the sale of Dembele we made a net profit of £21.5 m in that window. Even before it we had a net spend of £500,000. That's not great backing to attempt to compete in Europe.

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Well done Celtic for not freshening up the squad this year even though its been blatantly obvious to every Celtic fan from the off that new faces were needed , the only thing to take from this season is the fact rangers fans think there back n they’re still below us and we’ve been shite

No we're not! :D

On 9/19/2018 at 10:46 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Experienced every away end in the league and Pittodrie . One tiny pie stall, Shite 1970s bogs and no shelter in large parts of it. Not to mention obstructed view from that fence. 

When we had 1300 or whatever there in March it only emphasised how shite it is. Even last week with 300 or so it was murder getting any sort of hot food!

Home fans pay the same - That was the initial question I replied to.

The toilets are no different in any other ground. 90% of the 'away' sectioned is covered. The fence impacts the home fans too. (See below 'why' it is there)  Hot food? Every away section runs out of that, even yours. 

Pittodrie isn't great for a lot of things I'll give you that however, my personal gripe is with what's on the pitch rather than off it. 

On 9/20/2018 at 11:34 AM, sbcmfc said:

I don’t know why anyone would try and defend it.

Nobody is, or at least not that I'm aware of.

I took exception to your examples which, quite frankly, are ridiculous.

Our 'problem' if you like, is that it was never meant to be the away 'end.'  It's very much the home section of old however, on police advice, we were told to change it.

Outwith Celtic & Rangers visiting a couple of seats in the main stand would be sufficient for the rest.

7 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Budget??

Youll need to inform me of this as it’s news to me 🤔

The cash that City have spent is phenomenal for that league. Where’s the money coming from, private or sponsorship? £350 to £400 a week against the £200 to £275 norm or in Berwick’s case £185. 😂