This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

We are honking and have been for sometime. The script for this season is already written, turn up and beat Aberdeen and Rangers in the big games, scrape through the other games with little endeavour and get skelped away from home against anyone semi decent in Europe.

That was barking although we were marginally better with 10 men. The manager really needs to freshen up the approach in both personnel and system.

I like big Ntcham but he looked like he didn't fancy it tonight. No issue with him getting sent off but the 2nd half performance of Dallas was appalling. Fair play to St. Mirren although I thought they might have went for the win a bit more in the 2nd half.

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

A very, very good result! :ok:

Cheers Scotty,

Hanging on in the second half, ironically I thought we were the better side when it was 11 v 11.

We sat too deep in the second half, but overall delighted our new manager gained a point against the champions in his first game in charge.

Next game for me will be Aberdeen away next month, train from Inverness in the morning and time for a few beers before the game, even talked our other resident buddy from here Marky to join me.

So sheepies, anyone recommend a decent boozer near the train station for a few scoops before the game. 

8 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Cheers Scotty,

Hanging on in the second half, ironically I thought we were the better side when it was 11 v 11.

We sat too deep in the second half, but overall delighted our new manager gained a point against the champions in his first game in charge.

Next game for me will be Aberdeen away next month, train from Inverness in the morning and time for a few beers before the game, even talked our other resident buddy from here Marky to join me.

So sheepies, anyone recommend a decent boozer near the train station for a few scoops before the game. 

Talked me into it my arse. Was never in doubt.

And you Sheepies should feel privileged by our presence. We’re giving up our original plan of Turriff Utd v Wick Academy (the second best team to play in black and white stripes).

Edited by Marky

16 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Cheers Scotty,

Jim - get yourself up to the Dutch Mill. Taxi from train station and then taxi to game. However, worth it for an excellent pint of Tennent’s and first class chilli cheese burger. 

If you’re keen to walk from train station to game there’s plenty on pubs on the way - my picks probably being Blackfriar’s in the Castlegate or Brewdog at end of Union st (the hot wings are really good)

Edited by SMcoolJ

2 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Jim - get yourself up to the Dutch Mill. Taxi from train station and then taxi to game. However, worth it for an excellent pint of Tennent’s and first class chilli cheese burger. 

If you’re keen to walk from train station to game there’s plenty on pubs on the way - my picks probably being Blackfriar’s in the Castlegate or Brewdog at end of Union st (the hot wings are really good)

Ye’ll no catch Jimbob drinkin lager SMCoolJ. It sends him doolally.

He drinks that weakass beer stuff.

8 minutes ago, Marky said:

That’s a big job mate.

I had to do it over a decade of TA trips in countries where they only sold lager. 🤣

Thought I got a bit better as I got older.

Was a bit shambolic in at least a dozen countries, but didnae dae too bad on the longer trips (Japan, Belarus etc) 

Looking back on those earlier trips ( pre internet booking ) I wonder how many on here used to rip the Piss out of it by telling the missus that it was cheap as chips if it included a Saturday night stop over.

A week to go to Lithuania for example was a Piss take 😂 Match on the Wednesday night but not leaving till the Sunday. 

28 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Thought I got a bit better as I got older.

Was a bit shambolic in at least a dozen countries, but didnae dae too bad on the longer trips (Japan, Belarus etc) 

Looking back on those earlier trips ( pre internet booking ) I wonder how many on here used to rip the Piss out of it by telling the missus that it was cheap as chips if it included a Saturday night stop over.

A week to go to Lithuania for example was a Piss take 😂 Match on the Wednesday night but not leaving till the Sunday. 

Thing it was actually true!

Best example was the Moldova trip.

Flights to Bucharest from Heathrow Tues-Sun were £182. Tues-Thurs was £950. Never for get that.

13 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Did your sister book flights to Budapest tho 👀

10 minutes ago, Marky said:

🤣🤣

Care to comment on that TDyer63?

🙄 I am sure most people get Budapest and Bucharest mixed up.

Anyway,  after me and Mr Tdyer humpfing Jim around the docks in Genoa for an hour at 3am trying to find his hotel on a previois trip I was looking for an alternative route. 

13 hours ago, GRBear said:

Rodgers greeting after the match was funny.

He reckoned Ntcham never touched the boy and shouldn't have been sent off 😂.

Rodgers was wrong about the sending off, it was a red all day long. But he was right about Dallas being an appalling referee who had an atrocious game even by his poor standards. He got the red card right but little else. Maybe a couple of throw ins perhaps?

Either way though that’s not why Celtic failed to win. We failed to win because we weren’t good enough to break down a well organised and determined St Mirren side who deserved their point and probably could’ve got all three had they not seemingly decided to settle for a point at half time.

Good game at Easter Road by two poor teams which saw the Ayrshire Killie milk cart come to a shuddering halt

Hibs lucky with the penalty, I was behind the goals and it looked as though his studs got caught in the ground and he went down. Never a penalty in a million years, but makes up for the one given at Rugby Park last season

Both teams looked a lot poorer today than when they last met in the 5-3 in April but it was still an entertaining game

Looking forward to seeing more of Thomas Agyepong