This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

One thing this game has made clear is that McGregor should be the Scotland no.  1.

Pish.

Although he has his goalkeeping qualities and is certainly worthy of consideration to be first choice, he is still a penalty or a red card waiting to happen every time.

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Pish.

Although he has his goalkeeping qualities and is certainly worthy of consideration to be first choice, he is still a penalty or a red card waiting to happen every time.

Good chance he'd save the penalty though.

38 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Pish.

How many times has he been sent off in the last few seasons? 

And how many penalties has he given away compared to Gordon? 

The facts won't agree with you. 

19 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How many times has he been sent off in the last few seasons? 

And how many penalties has he given away compared to Gordon? 

The facts won't agree with you. 

It's nothing to do with facts RB - it's that McGregor risks too much and he eventually will get caught at some important moment.

Hopefully not for Scotland though.

For the avoidance of any doubt - he is an excellent goalkeeper.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

It's nothing to do with facts RB - it's that McGregor risks too much and he eventually will get caught at some important moment.

Hopefully not for Scotland though.

For the avoidance of any doubt - he is an excellent goalkeeper.

I'm partially agreeing with you. I just think Gordon is as bad. 

How many times has he come flying out of his box and fouled the striker only to get away with it? 

I think they both have a bomb scare in them but McGregor is the better keeper. 

So I'm only arguing with you a wee bit. 😀 

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Devlin red card appeal unsuccessful.

I’d probably be outraged if I wasn’t laughing at the predictability and inconsistency.

Our game has re-entered the dark ages. 

The Killie player was actually fouling him first, a very soft foul with a tug of the shirt but a foul all the same. 

Is there any point to the game in this country when its beyond fucking obvious that the authorities don't even hide their incompetence or corruption anymore? They genuinely won't be happy till we return to the days of the OF battling out for the title every year.

Every time shit like this happens, I feel more and more like jacking in club football. Its corrupt nonsense throughout Europe nowadays

Edited by vanderark14

Scottish footballs passed saving, recent record of appeals is unbelievable with old firm players having reds rescinded for violent tackles (Brown, Morelos, Jack) & even Mcgreggers kick at the weekend being ignored/sanctioned , it’s beyond corrupt 🙉🙈🙊 run by & for 2 teams only 🤬. Time to get away fae west coast influence & move to Murrayfield.

When did Brown get a red card rescinded? Last one I can remember was at Ross County in early 2017.

Lets not turn the recent shambles of rescinded and not given red cards into an Old Firm thing when it hasn't been. This season anyway.

Obviously happy for you to tell me of a more recent incident involving Brown. My memory is shocking to be fair.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

6 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

When did Brown get a red card rescinded? Last one I can remember was at Ross County in early 2017.

Lets not turn the recent shambles of rescinded and not given red cards into an Old Firm thing when it hasn't been. This season anyway.

Obviously happy for you to tell me of a more recent incident involving Brown. My memory is shocking to be fair.

The issue with Brown/Celtic starts before the appeals process since the refs are too scared to send them off...

😛