This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

13 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Everyone knows.

(I tell them... Scott Paterson.)

One of the few that uses real name, location, and photos. 

I don't think you believe that one bit.

I'll offer you the same (charity) bet.

(And the only reason for not accepting would be... ?)

Hey Scotty, it was meant as a compliment pal 🍺

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I wouldn't agree with that.  McInnes went into game management mode and was happy to sit back and try to contain Hibs.  It's brutal to watch but after 80 minutes, I couldn't see Hibs scoring!  After they did equalise, we played like we should have been playing for the entire game and looked like we wanted all three points again.  Hibs look poorer than last season.  I don't think we can be......  We really missed Wright's pace yesterday.  However, if he's going to be injury prone, we need another quick winger in the squad.  Dallas was embarrassingly bad.

Agree with this. For the entire 2nd half we simply looked to contain Hibs, which we did pretty well. We restricted them to speculative shots from 25+ yards, which all ended in the stand. 

GMS made one mistake defensively in leaving Hanlon and going for the loose ball and it cost us. 

As you say, Dallas was horrendous. How he's not gave a penalty for the challenge on Ferguson (and given Hanlon a 2nd yellow for it) or sent off GMS in stoppage time, i have no idea!

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Agree with this. For the entire 2nd half we simply looked to contain Hibs, which we did pretty well. We restricted them to speculative shots from 25+ yards, which all ended in the stand. 

GMS made one mistake defensively in leaving Hanlon and going for the loose ball and it cost us. 

As you say, Dallas was horrendous. How he's not gave a penalty for the challenge on Ferguson (and given Hanlon a 2nd yellow for it) or sent off GMS in stoppage time, i have no idea!

Your goalkeepers save in first half was a peach.

Like Hibs, I dont think you are as strong at the moment as you were last season, sensing a move to a more physical style of play from yourselves.

Will be interesting to see how both squads end up after the transfer window.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:24 AM, Toepoke said:

TBH there's nowt wrong in my book with a bit of spontaneous abuse of an opposition goalscorer.  I may even have flicked the vicks myself when the big man scored for Hearts on Saturday.

Totally agree Toepoke.

I was once on the back page of the Sunday Mail giving the wanker sign to Paul Hartley after he missed a penalty against us at McDairmid. IDespite being around 36/37 years old at the time I was well proud of it. If the missus had let me I’d have framed the fooker and put it on the mantelpiece. 😀

I see Dickers red card has been upheld.

To be fair, I can see why it was given at full speed, but thought it would get downgraded or rescinded on review.

Should’ve just kicked the guy off the ball or maybe done an elbow drop on him...

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, I can see why it was given at full speed, but thought it would get downgraded or rescinded on review.

Should’ve just kicked the guy off the ball or maybe done an elbow drop on him...

Utter joke of a decision. The beaks protecting Collum there.

19 hours ago, giblet said:

Your goalkeepers save in first half was a peach.

Like Hibs, I dont think you are as strong at the moment as you were last season, sensing a move to a more physical style of play from yourselves.

Will be interesting to see how both squads end up after the transfer window.

We need another 2 or 3 in certainly, we've gone backwards a bit from the early McInnes days. When he got Logan & Rooney we were a goalie and left-back away from challenging Celtic pre-Rodgers (pity we didn't have Lewis and Shinnie back then)!

16 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport and outdoor

You can freeze frame any tackle and make it look worse than it is.

That’s also why I’d give Collum the benefit of the doubt on only seeing it once.

If he’d run 10 yards and dived in like the photo appears, that would be a different story, but there’s no force or intent to injure the player, he’s just stretching for the ball.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

As soon as that cunt was given the old firm, we'd been as well withdrawing the appeal.

Perfect example of why VAR is a waste of time up here. 

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s also why I’d give Collum the benefit of the doubt on only seeing it once.

If he’d run 10 yards and dived in like the photo appears, that would be a different story, but there’s no force or intent to injure the player, he’s just stretching for the ball.

Correct - Hannibal is at it.

If he thinks that a red then he'll be watching a lot of Levein's hammer throwers going for early baths this season!

The Hearts player who was "fouled" reaction was more a booking than the tackle. Went down as if he'd lost his leg.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

As soon as that cunt was given the old firm, we'd been as well withdrawing the appeal.

Perfect example of why VAR is a waste of time up here. 

I don’t even think it’s a glaring error to be fair to Collum (not words you hear often).

9 hours ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

It's never a red.  At very worst it's a booking for his trailing leg coming through.  I'm not overly surprised it's been upheld though...

you'd take a yellow, but even then its arguable.

At least both sides know on Sunday what to expect, I suppose.

23 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I also thought that tackle was maybe more yellow than red. Having said that, it was his 3rd 'tackle?' In a couple of seconds so he had obviously lost the plot a bit

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I also thought that tackle was maybe more yellow than red. Having said that, it was his 3rd 'tackle?' In a couple of seconds so he had obviously lost the plot a bit

Are you only allowed to try and win the ball back once or something?

What about saves, are goalies allowed 3 saves in five seconds?