This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

5 hours ago, GRBear said:

Just like the denial that comes from your support about songs celebrating people who died in the Ibrox disaster and players being crocked then?

Don't think anyone has ever denied that songs mocking Ian Durante are sung. 

Anyone singing a song celebrating the ibrox disaster is an absolute cunt. Thankfully that's a very, very rare occurrence. Limited to about 10 dickheads 4 or less times a season. 

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

You are totally incorrect. The songs that your lot sing are wishing death on myself(alive) and all others who just happen to be born into a certain religion. 

Calm!!  I don't believe any of us on here are bigoted Ormond.  We would get short thrift at a Scotland game if we were.  Theey can sing what they like at games.  Past the stage of getting upset about it.  Football supporters become tribal in a group situation.  Doesn't make it right but it is what it is.  Lets celebrate being Scottish today!

7 hours ago, GRBear said:

Just like the denial that comes from your support about songs celebrating people who died in the Ibrox disaster and players being crocked then?

Quite the opposite, there was nearly scraps at Dundee last week when youngsters were singing the Simmie song at dens. 

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

A club who is amongst the best run clubs in Scotland financially and has been for the last 30 years.

What a typical moronic statement from someone who knows absolutely hee-haw about fitba’. A typical “Yoor a diddy, wur the peepil” line. 😂

It’s really tragic when you see morons like grbear and a few other huns on here sweep the behaviour of their fellow huns under the carpet

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Don't think anyone has ever denied that songs mocking Ian Durante are sung. 

Anyone singing a song celebrating the ibrox disaster is an absolute cunt. Thankfully that's a very, very rare occurrence. Limited to about 10 dickheads 4 or less times a season. 

And Aberdeen F.C. don’t encourage their fans to act like bigoted fuckwits.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Yep. Because singing about something that happened 300 years ago means your filth has evolved and is entirely acceptant of every culture in 2018. 

Buffoon indeed. I’m toying whether to run to the mods to grass that somebody called me a name. What a coward that you are. 

I'll call you much worse in person sweetheart.  No one says it's acceptable.... It's been stated on this thread and the 5000 others it's been brought up that it is not acceptable. 

The club's can only do so much.  The authorities need to enforce bigger and better sanctions, as people who don't want to change will not change

You're a fucking embarrassment so go and do one. 

3 minutes ago, Debian said:

I'll call you much worse in person sweetheart.  No one says it's acceptable.... It's been stated on this thread and the 5000 others it's been brought up that it is not acceptable. 

The club's can only do so much.  The authorities need to enforce bigger and better sanctions, as people who don't want to change will not change

You're a fucking embarrassment so go and do one. 

“The clubs can only do so much”

sweep sweep sweep

With comments like that, you’re the embarrassment

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

“The clubs can only do so much”

sweep sweep sweep

With comments like that, you’re the embarrassment

It's not Sweep Sweep.  The club is well aware it has a problem, it addresses it every week...

What would you want, 1 on 1 security for everyone?

At the St Mirren game some guy informed security about words/language being used and 2 people were ejected. It takes fans as well to step up.

If it was that easy, a solution would be there.  The club's (everyone of them) are well aware they face very little governing body scrutiny - the club's, fans, authority all can do more. 

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

It's not Sweep Sweep.  The club is well aware it has a problem, it addresses it every week...

At the St Mirren game some guy informed security about words/language being used and 2 people were ejected. It takes fans as well to step up.

If it was that easy, a solution would be there.  The club's (everyone of them) are well aware they face very little governing body scrutiny - the club's, fans, authority all can do more. 

Pretty sure there's cctv at ibrox. If the club gave a fuck it'd be relatively easy to find persistent offenders and ban them. The club don't give a fuck though and therefore let it happen. 

They then pander to these folk with an orange strip and a strip with a sash on it. A disgusting football club which is complicit in the continuation of openly expressed bigotry by its followers on its premises. 

So away and talk shite and blame everyone else somewhere else. 

18 minutes ago, Debian said:

Your club thrives on it.

Look no further than Orange Strips - bigots demand them, hun board know they'll fly off the shelves, hey presto.

The very fact that chief bigot Jimmy Bell is still in the dug out every week tells you all you need to know about Rangers appetite to get rid of bigotry. The bigoted old cunt should have been chased out Ibrox when Souness was there. Any other job in the world he'd be punted.

8 hours ago, GRBear said:

The point stands, Rangers fans are no worse or better, than anyone else.

it's quite sad that you actually believe that.

Bigots are usually blind to their faults I suppose.

Man City/Spurs/Arsenal play in front of 40,000+ each week. Funnily enough their scummy songs aren't magnified due to the size of their support.

They somehow manage to go to games and not have 1,000's singing about hating a certain religion.

Strange that eh?

Edited by Squirrelhumper

So in both cases are songs about the deceased which don't have anything to do with football.

It's just magnified because of the size of our support. 

Anyway you support St Johnstone, a pretty irrelevant club.

This.

Every club has their wahoo's and derogatory songs in one way or another. Doesn't matter if its the 4500 fans at Firpark every other week or the 49000 at Ibrox.  More folk - more dickheads. 

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I would say it was definitely improving pre 2012 but has deteriorated again and is as bad as ever.

They’ve all but cut out Hullo Hullo, but that’s it.

Id presumed a combination of sneaking under the radar in leagues 1&2 and a sense of injustice (chip on shoulder) had resulted in an increase.

You don’t hear it at Ibrox, but large away supports like at Killie or Fir Park highlight the fact it’s a sizeable “minority”.

Maybe I’m just more aware of it rather than it being any worse, but I don’t think it’s better now than 10 years ago.

I always find the song “the only tune that I can play, is FTP and the IRA” quite ironic.

:lol:

Why not keep this large away support out if their singing is so bad and fill it when your own fans? Why do clubs go out their way to accommodate these horrible horrible people you speak of?

So in both cases are songs about the deceased which don't have anything to do with football.

It's just magnified because of the size of our support. 

Anyway you support St Johnstone, a pretty irrelevant club.

I think there's a bit of context to be had here. 

I think I've heard the Ibrox disaster song from Aberdeen fans on the odd occasion.  Similarly, I've heard the equally distasteful Saville song at Parkhead.  These songs seem to come from a small group of young lads but have always been shouted down by the majority of Aberdeen fans.  A couple of weeks ago there were arguments and scuffles in the Aberdeen support because (I'm assuming) the small group of young morons starting signing the Durrant song - at Dens?!.  As a result, elements of the Aberdeen away support were lobbying to have them ejected and when that didn't happen a few (perhaps stupidly) tried to take action themselves. 

By contrast, at pittodrie a few weeks ago, there was 90 minutes of the what certainly sounded like the majority of Ranger's fans singing out their little hearts to the bigot song book.

While the supporters of some clubs are trying to stamp this shit out - you're on hear defending it and trying to draw parallels which don't exist.  You've just released an orange strip FFS.  

Your point that Rangers are no worse than anyone else is utter nonsense.  You absolutely revel in it. You sound like part of the problem.

Apologies to Fairbairn.  

33 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think there's a bit of context to be had here. 

I think I've heard the Ibrox disaster song from Aberdeen fans on the odd occasion.  Similarly, I've heard the equally distasteful Saville song at Parkhead.  These songs seem to come from a small group of young lads but have always been shouted down by the majority of Aberdeen fans.  A couple of weeks ago there were arguments and scuffles in the Aberdeen support because (I'm assuming) the small group of young morons starting signing the Durrant song - at Dens?!.  As a result, elements of the Aberdeen away support were lobbying to have them ejected and when that didn't happen a few (perhaps stupidly) tried to take action themselves. 

By contrast, at pittodrie a few weeks ago, there was 90 minutes of the what certainly sounded like the majority of Ranger's fans singing out their little hearts to the bigot song book.

While the supporters of some clubs are trying to stamp this shit out - you're on hear defending it and trying to draw parallels which don't exist.  You've just released an orange strip FFS.  

Your point that Rangers are no worse than anyone else is utter nonsense.  You absolutely revel in it. You sound like part of the problem.

Apologies to Fairbairn.  

Why does my name keep getting dropped in to these posts? ^?^

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Why does my name keep getting dropped in to these posts? ^?^

First time I've referenced you and wasn't aware others had but I'd guess it's because you come across as a half decent lad and these posts are not intended to be having a go at decent fans.  I could be completely wrong though, you might go all Mr Hyde/King Billy at the weekend?! 

49 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Why not keep this large away support out if their singing is so bad and fill it when your own fans? Why do clubs go out their way to accommodate these horrible horrible people you speak of?

For reasons that run much deeper than football, Motherwell are the 3rd best supported team in Motherwell.

They'll happy take the blue pounds.

Sticks and stones and all that. I have more of an issue with the Celtic support and the physical damage they do regularly at fir park.

Nothing anybody sings at the football is going to have me crying into my Bovril, but it doesn’t make the culture amongst a large section of the Rangers support ok.

I think to kid on the club are doing their best while they’re bringing out Orange strips to pander to the bigots is idiotic. Yes, police etc could get involved too, but RFC have no desire to change.

4 hours ago, Debian said:

I’d fucking love you to honey. 😊

19 hours ago, Ormond said:

What a fucking clown you are. Nobody makes light of it right enough. 

The situation might fucking change when your own club changes the disgusting ways that it revels in.

Im sorry, I thought we were discussing posters on the TAMB, not the entire planet. 

Maybe you should try and stay remotely with the argument instead of just opening your cake hole and letting all of your bile and hatred out. It would help me enormously to keep up with your random subject changes. 

59 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Im sorry, I thought we were discussing posters on the TAMB, not the entire planet. 

Maybe you should try and stay remotely with the argument instead of just opening your cake hole and letting all of your bile and hatred out. It would help me enormously to keep up with your random subject changes. 

Yon word 'Bile/copyright Fermer'.  And they think it is just Rangers that have it.  Hate is hate.  No matter whether it is religious hate or just hate for another group of people.  Parklife and Van Damn hate all things Rangers including us.  Hate is hate.  You won't get them to change so stop trying.  I did and it helped in my recovery!

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Yon word 'Bile/copyright Fermer'.  And they think it is just Rangers that have it.  Hate is hate.  No matter whether it is religious hate or just hate for another group of people.  Parklife and Van Damn hate all things Rangers including us.  Hate is hate.  You won't get them to change so stop trying.  I did and it helped in my recovery!

Hate is something I don't really understand. I don't hate anyone. I don't have the energy to care so much about so little. 

Football just isn't that important. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Hate is something I don't really understand. I don't hate anyone. I don't have the energy to care so much about so little. 

Football just isn't that important. 

Instead of a football forum for a good debate this is an avenue for some to vent their hatred against one team.  Don't know why we bother replying sometimes.  But hey ho.  We have broad shoulders.