This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

How can referees have any confidence in their performance. Red card for booting an opponent. No mate you got it massively wrong.

You have to have some respect for the decisions made on the park. Appeals need to be reserved for clear errors. Not for reapplying judgement to reasonable decisions that you can reasonably argue either way.

Plus you can't incentivise managers to behave like paranoid clowns in the hope that they flip the dial of corruption in their favour.

Steven Gerard should have been facing disciplinary procedures. Instead he's already managed to slip the SFA in his pocket. 

Pretty pleased about it though. Will make the tears even sweeter come Christmas.

57 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Ah but, retaliation is now perfectly acceptable. Hope Broon swings a punch at the cunt next game but misses....yellow is all it is.

Baffled as to how an off the ball kick, whether it hits or not, can be anything but a red. 

It's the intention that's the crime, surely. 🤔

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Baffled as to how an off the ball kick, whether it hits or not, can be anything but a red. 

It's the intention that's the crime, surely. 🤔

Surely by the definition of violent conduct; Morelos is guilty of it?

Reading the SFA statement, the downgrading of the red to yellow and subsequent explanation merely reiterates that it's violent conduct.   "Recklessly kicking or attempting to kick an opponent"  

20 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

No, they're absolutely not being "officiated to a different standard". You can tell that certain people are desperate for that to be true though.

Now if anyone wants to argue that, rather than "officiated to a different standard", their appeals are actually being judged to a different standard, that might be another story...

Edited by wee-toon-red

50 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

No, they're absolutely not being "officiated to a different standard". You can tell that certain people are desperate for that to be true though.

Now if anyone wants to argue that, rather than "officiated to a different standard", their appeals are actually being judged to a different standard, that might be another story...

Not my tweet i was just using it for the video to highlight the similar incidents

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

FT at Tynecastle, the champions defeated in game 2.

Hearts 1 - 0 Celtic

https://streamable.com/wfw5m

Lovely finish but woeful defending to let the lad who crossed it get in so easily. 

Why was the Celtic defender trying to wrestle him instead of just blocking the cross? 

Just moving this to the top... Can we dispense with all the  daft  ' mighty ' stuff and discuss all matches played at the weekend without going into each thread .  

It is just Whatabootery.......  

I quite like a thread discussing everything with ALL teams/games played at the weekend., mighty or other wise..

I was at the Killie /Livingston Game yesterday,.  what a load o rubbish....... 

Kenny Miller got a wee bit of abuse....  very unfair IMHO, he has never done Killie any harm and was a very loyal servant to Scotland....

Edited by stocky

27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Two matches and two sendings off. 

Discipline problems at rangers?

Ive no idea what the red today was for, so it’s a genuine question. 

I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark here. I reckon the huns are already seeking the officials address and screaming conspiracy already. 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Reports of another bottle thrown into the St Mirren end, striking a young lassie and fighting in the streets. 

Too many coincidences here.......

I saw a list of hun activities during the first week of the season. It’s like that club has completely imploded and they’ve all taken paranoia to new heights.

the SFA rescinding that Morelos red was a massive mistake. Massive can of worms opened 

Edited by vanderark14

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Reports of another bottle thrown into the St Mirren end, striking a young lassie and fighting in the streets. 

Too many coincidences here.......

The video that supposed to show this is actually of a boy getting taken away at half time, after collapsing. It was down from my friends.

Obviously hasn't stopped the usual internet mob from jumping on it though.

Edit: the guy who posted this has now clarified and taken the video down. Good to see. 

Edited by Stu101

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

The video that supposed to show this is actually of a boy getting taken away at half time, after collapsing. It was down from my friends of mine.

Obviously hasn't stopped the usual internet mob from jumping on it though.

Edit: the guy who posted this has now clarified and taken the video down. Good to see. 

I hope you never spoiled Dandy and Vaderarse before they reached the tickly bit 💩