This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

if anyone is a fan of comedy I would suggest you listen to Charlie Adam on sportsound podcast. 

He's going to rival Kris Boyd for the thickest gump in scottish football media

He's clearly angling for a move to Rangers. It's beyond pathetic. Stewart made him look ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He's clearly angling for a move to Rangers. It's beyond pathetic. Stewart made him look ridiculous. 

Michael Stewart is the only unbiased and honest pundit around. 

Charlie Adam is thicker than 2 short planks nailed together. 

And will someone please give Willie Miller a reason to live. Every time I hear him, it sounds like he's on the edge. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Agreed, he's great on both TV and Radio.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And will someone please give Willie Miller a reason to live. Every time I hear him, it sounds like he's on the edge. 

Don't know about him, but I certainly am after listening to his inane pish.

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Stevie Thompson is okay too. Although his Burnley and English fitba love the other week was a bit annoying. 

Tom English is good too. 

While Chris Sutton probably does as much to promote Scottish football as anyone. 

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Stevie Thompson is okay too. Although his Burnley and English fitba love the other week was a bit annoying. 

Tom English is good too. 

While Chris Sutton probably does as much to promote Scottish football as anyone. 

I admit I was never his biggest fan before  but he has turned me right around. I love listening to him ripping into clueless cunts like Robbie Savage about our game. He really does sell it. 👍

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Tom English is good too. 

Thompson is not bad but quite often rambles a bit so can be quite annoying. 

Agree to a degree on Tom English but he also goes a bit overboard on Celtic sometimes although he is positive about the game in general mostly. 

I'm still unable to listen to Chris Sutton without thinking about his rant about Killie not lying down to Celtic to let them win the league whilst simultaneously greetin about Dunfermline chucking against Rangers. It's the most bitter and self unaware interview outside of politics. 

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thompson is not bad but quite often rambles a bit so can be quite annoying. 

Agree to a degree on Tom English but he also goes a bit overboard on Celtic sometimes although he is positive about the game in general mostly. 

I'm still unable to listen to Chris Sutton without thinking about his rant about Killie not lying down to Celtic to let them win the league whilst simultaneously greetin about Dunfermline chucking against Rangers. It's the most bitter and self unaware interview outside of politics. 

To be fair, I wouldn’t expect many Rangers fans to agree on Sutton. 

(Not saying the above to be a smart arse)

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not because of the fact he was a Celtic player. It was the fact he couldn't see the dichotomy and hypocrisy in what he was saying. 

I got enough fun at my Celtic supporting mates that year without having this to laugh at. 

I do agree though that he is positive about the Scottish game and regularly hammers the eejits who are just on the negative bandwagon. 

49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Sutton hates DUFC, this much was evident on the games he (used to) commentate on. Even so, I really like him as a pundit, you don’t have to agree with everything he says but as pointed out, he is one of the very few that really enjoys and understands the game up here.

Very abrasive and doesn’t really give a fuck what people think. Got to admire that 😂

I see the Huns have appealed the sending off. What part of taking a wild kick at an opponent isn’t a red? I must have missed something as even the tick cunt Hun I work with said it was never a red card? Anyone point me in the right direction?

17 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I see the Huns have appealed the sending off. What part of taking a wild kick at an opponent isn’t a red? I must have missed something as even the tick cunt Hun I work with said it was never a red card? Anyone point me in the right direction?

It has been downgraded to a yellow

2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It has been downgraded to a yellow

Seriously? How on earth is that a yellow? He kicks out at him with the ball nowhere near it.

Red all day long.

I see Stevie Gerrard's paranoid rants have worked though.

The Huns these days are like the paranoid Tims of the 90s on speed

Edited by Squirrelhumper

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Seriously? How on earth is that a yellow? He kicks out at him with the ball nowhere near it.

Red all day long.

I see Stevie Gerrard's paranoid rants have worked though.

The Huns these days are like the paranoid Tims of the 90s on speed

It is actually consistent with similar incidents last year where David Bates was kicked off the ball against St Johnstone and hit in the balls against Falkirk where they both got yellow cards (actually not even sure the Falkirk player got any punsihment). It appears the majority of people have flipped their opinions over the summer break as Gers fans who were wanting red cards for the above incidents are now saying Morelos was never a red and fans of other clubs who were saying there was nothing in the incidents above are now claiming that this was as blatent a red card as you will see.

Edited by theweestevie

16 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It is actually consistent with similar incidents last year where David Bates was kicked off the ball against St Johnstone and hit in the balls against Falkirk where they both got yellow cards (actually not even sure the Falkirk player got any punsihment). It appears the majority of people have flipped their opinions over the summer break as Gers fans who were wanting red cards for the above incidents are now saying Morelos was never a red and fans of other clubs who were saying there was nothing in the incidents above are now claiming that this was as blatent a red card as you will see.

Fair enough, I was under the impression a kick out at an opponent was a straight red.