The Mighty Rangers - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Have you got a spare bedroom?  It would only be me my dog and my gun.

Sounds legit, but I'm allergic to dogs. And Huns 😂

If you're serious about your new job, I can't think of a better place to live. We love it. Suits us - great schools, amenities, wee Main Street like there used to be, with lots of independent shops. We're 10 minutes walk from the beach. Great restaurants and pubs. Not planning to leave this area ever. The wee lad has started with Monifieth Athletic and my wee girl is doing great with a ballet school - smashing her exams at a really good level. Couldn't be happier living here. Dundee is not everyone's cup of tea but I love it. Bigger selection of shops and places to eat and drink. 10 minutes drive or 25 on the bus. Train to Edinburgh is only an hour and 15 now too. You could do worse. If you are really a country lover though - look at Monifieth and Carnoustie as well.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

No.  Being serious.  Been offered a job there and fed up with the rolling hills of the borders.  Job is in Dundee and one of my burds worked in Broughty Ferry.  I know you think I am kidding but I am not ma pal.  I love the sea and looking for a change.

PM me.  I would be looking for a private let to start with.

23 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

If you're serious about your new job, I can't think of a better place to live. We love it. Suits us - great schools, amenities, wee Main Street like there used to be, with lots of independent shops. We're 10 minutes walk from the beach. Great restaurants and pubs. Not planning to leave this area ever. The wee lad has started with Monifieth Athletic and my wee girl is doing great with a ballet school - smashing her exams at a really good level. Couldn't be happier living here. Dundee is not everyone's cup of tea but I love it. Bigger selection of shops and places to eat and drink. 10 minutes drive or 25 on the bus. Train to Edinburgh is only an hour and 15 now too. You could do worse. If you are really a country lover though - look at Monifieth and Carnoustie as well.

Or, Inverurie. That would suit him much better.

I have a great story about Inverurie Loco.  Played them in the Scottish one year.  A draw.  Kevin budamakaniss (Partick Thitle after us) played in goals and let one go through his legs.  We equalised and went to a replay.  On the way out of Inverurie our bus got stoned by the local neds.  Burst the back window in.  We all went out and leathered them.  When the police arrived it turned out that Hill of Beath had been playing up there against another Inverurie team and had caused a bit of bother.  The young team mistook us for them.  I always remember the the Police officer saying.  'I think they picked on the wrong bus'!  Benny Brasil  was in the thick of it that day.  The following week was the replay which we won.  The commitee of Inverurie Loco requested that their bus be outside of the Police Station in Armadale.  Cold journey that night from Inverurie in January with no back window though!!  Good memories.

52 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I am serious pal.  I have never been there but looking at it.  My ex worked up there as a carer and speaks fondly of it.  I wouldn't want to stay in Dundee although I like the city.  

Taverner out, that was a sore 1, I hate to see that, I felt his pain. I done my medial ligament in years ago in a nothing challenge, I was off work for 6 weeks, although he could put weight on his, I couldn't put my foot on the ground, my knee swole up like a baloon

Edited by jcs

12 minutes ago, jcs said:

Taverner out, that was a sore 1, I hate to see that, I felt his pain. I done my medial ligament in years ago in a nothing challenge, I was off work for 6 weeks, although he could put weight on his, I couldn't put my foot on the ground, my knee swole up like a baloon

It’s fine we’ve got a ready made replacement in Paterson. Oh, wait....

Clearly wasn’t the Stoke of half time as it’s now 2-1 to Antwerp. An astonishing penalty where Davis brushes the Antwerp players ankle, he goes down like a snipers hit him and the ref gives a penalty. VAR looks at it and agrees. Was never a penalty in a million years and that’s the type of thing VAR should be stamping out the game. 5 minutes added on time and the penalty was awarded on 52 mins!