The Mighty Rangers - Page 41 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Yes actually. I have heard where he stays from tamb's that know him.  They have been pissing themselves at some folk on here who have called me Big Ron including Ron himself.  Well if ye canny laugh ye would greet and all that!!  Glenlivet Forever! 

That's a complete lie though, isn't it? 

On 7/11/2019 at 8:26 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Got u biting though!! U are right I can only go from what I have read in papers and on news. My only point on this post was that rangers are back in debt . And some folk canny take it. Like the wee boy in the but that can give and canny take. We have all met them. I get slagged on here all of the time. But I can take it. I can give it as well. As long as it is a bit of banter what's the harm? Love Scotland and Scotland alone. Club football is a game.

fixed it for you - this years season tickets to go towards paying last seasons Xfer fees

7 hours ago, euan2020 said:

fixed it for you - this years season tickets to go towards paying last seasons Xfer fees

Most organisations will run with a level of debt at some point euan.  As long as the debt is being managed (which it is now) then the organisation should be ok.  Supporters don't care if there is a level of debt with their club.  They go to watch good players on a Saturday.  Would you rather have 5 million sitting in your clubs bank and great dividends and bonuses to shareholders and owners OR a good team on the park?  I know what I would have.

There, fixed it for you 👍

How have you enjoyed this year's marching season with your local lodge RH ? 

Ever year that goes by there seem to be less and less of you. None of you are getting any younger either and doesn't look like many kids are interested in joining up these days. That makes me smile.

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

How have you enjoyed this year's marching season with your local lodge RH ? 

Ever year that goes by there seem to be less and less of you. None of you are getting any younger either and doesn't look like many kids are interested in joining up these days. That makes me smile.

Aye it's been brulliant. A play the big drum and a can hit it great and nerely in tune sumtimes. A hit it even bigger when we march past the pineapple. It was a big step up for me from playing the symbols for 29 year. Thanks for askin brother 🤟🤙👉👆✌️

21 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Most organisations will run with a level of debt at some point euan.  As long as the debt is being managed (which it is now) then the organisation should be ok.  Supporters don't care if there is a level of debt with their club.  They go to watch good players on a Saturday.  Would you rather have 5 million sitting in your clubs bank and great dividends and bonuses to shareholders and owners OR a good team on the park?  I know what I would have.

There, fixed it for you 👍

I believe that is pish and wind - otherwise the club would not require personal loans from directors which are then written off or either converted to equity 

supporters are also daft kunts who don't understand finance (Rangers compensation is still too high against income )

2nd and 3rd sentence could have been repeatedly said up until 2012 ................

Businesses are built on positive cash flows - ie more income than outgoings & that is not what is occurring with Rangers - last coupe years they lost around 20 Million, which does not include the amortisation of transfers which will show in 2018/2019 2019/2020 financials 

so yes there is good det and bad debt - but you need to service it 

my back ground is finance

3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I believe that is pish and wind - otherwise the club would not require personal loans from directors which are then written off or either converted to equity 

supporters are also daft kunts who don't understand finance (Rangers compensation is still too high against income )

2nd and 3rd sentence could have been repeatedly said up until 2012 ................

Businesses are built on positive cash flows - ie more income than outgoings & that is not what is occurring with Rangers - last coupe years they lost around 20 Million, which does not include the amortisation of transfers which will show in 2018/2019 2019/2020 financials 

so yes there is good det and bad debt - but you need to service it 

my back ground is finance

Hie Euan. I won't argue with your financial knowledge. But football is not a normal business model. It comes with emotion as well. I was going to see rangers when Trevor Steven got sold to a French side for 5 million. My rangers pal was boasting to our Celtic pals what a great piece of business that was. Until I reminded him that we wouldn't be watching Trevor Steven any more. Football is not a normal business. I will ask Celtic fans on here right now. So u want to lose Tierney? Good money for the club. But will weaken the side for 10 in a row. But hey, we have money in bank!! Football is different Euan. I believe rangers are getting stronger financially. Gerrard isn't some stupid wee guy off the streets coming to a basket case. What did u do in finance? Sell calculator  😀👍

I can just about remember the RFC balance sheet prior to them going tits up... I had a good look at it just before I predicted their imminent collapse. :headbang:

I seem to recall that the equity section had accumulated losses of about 125 million and that was pretty much the entire capital that had been put in since its inception 100+ years before. It was a loss making machine but it always survived because some mug in one form or another was willing to keep bank rolling the losses. That changed when they got the bill from HMRC for tax evasion on a huge scale, at that point the loss became so big no one was prepared to step forward. So unless they do something similar to the EBT's (unlikely after 2012) and as long as fresh blue nosed mugs are willing to keep them solvent it could easily carry on for 100 years just like the ill fated predecessor club.

As an 'investment' it is horrific. As a vehicle for financial doping to win a tin pot league it serves its purpose.

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I can just about remember the RFC balance sheet prior to them going tits up... I had a good look at it just before I predicted their imminent collapse. :headbang:

I seem to recall that the equity section had accumulated losses of about 125 million and that was pretty much the entire capital that had been put in since its inception 100+ years before. It was a loss making machine but it always survived because some mug in one form or another was willing to keep bank rolling the losses. That changed when they got the bill from HMRC for tax evasion on a huge scale, at that point the loss became so big no one was prepared to step forward. So unless they do something similar to the EBT's (unlikely after 2012) and as long as fresh blue nosed mugs are willing to keep them solvent it could easily carry on for 100 years just like the ill fated predecessor club.

As an 'investment' it is horrific. As a vehicle for financial doping to win a tin pot league it serves its purpose.

It was only a matter of time before the financial experts on the board came out of the woodwork.  The Gers are back and looking very likely to win the league.  So lets have a bash at the balance sheet to give ourselves comfort.  BTW I still have some Glenlivet left and having one just now. On holiday and new house etc.  So if you want to take me on come ahead.  Come ahead I said, come ahead 😎 👍.  Where is Big Ramy when you need some intellectual input of a Monday morning?

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It was only a matter of time before the financial experts on the board came out of the woodwork.  The Gers are back and looking very likely to win the league.  So lets have a bash at the balance sheet to give ourselves comfort.  BTW I still have some Glenlivet left and having one just now. On holiday and new house etc.  So if you want to take me on come ahead.  Come ahead I said, come ahead 😎 👍.  Where is Big Ramy when you need some intellectual input of a Monday morning?

:lol::lol::lol: I'd love to know where this confidence is coming from. :lol::lol::lol:

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Simple.  It's called Glenlivet Mick!!  It would mak a coward fecht.  On a serious note are you confident and have faith in Lennon to deliver?

Lennon wasn't my first choice but he has won leagues in the past.

Our first XI and squad is still stronger than what rangers have.

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Lennon wasn't my first choice but he has won leagues in the past.

Our first XI and squad is still stronger than what rangers have.

Maybe Mick.  Rangers have a new squad (again), which hasn't been tested yet.  But as a Gers fan, last season at this time we had a whole new team of strangers and a new manager with no managerial experience.  So, I am optimistic.  I like Lennon, but I do think he is limited in ability as a manager and can get easily wound up and players don't like that.  Hibs dressing room?  So, some chinks in the armour of the invincibles hopefully.  Rangers need a solid start as do Celtic.  I think this one could go to the wire.  Disappointed in Hibs, Hearts and Dons summer signings.  I think 3rd place is a fight for them.  Question.  Would you sell Tierney as a fan?

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Hie Euan. I won't argue with your financial knowledge. But football is not a normal business model. It comes with emotion as well. I was going to see rangers when Trevor Steven got sold to a French side for 5 million. My rangers pal was boasting to our Celtic pals what a great piece of business that was. Until I reminded him that we wouldn't be watching Trevor Steven any more. Football is not a normal business. I will ask Celtic fans on here right now. So u want to lose Tierney? Good money for the club. But will weaken the side for 10 in a row. But hey, we have money in bank!! Football is different Euan. I believe rangers are getting stronger financially. Gerrard isn't some stupid wee guy off the streets coming to a basket case. What did u do in finance? Sell calculator  😀👍

We used to watch the payments on Trevor Steven arriving - Marseille didn't pay for him upfront - staged payments - we used to look up Rangers Bank Account 

I agree football is based on emotion but bills still need to be paid, and cash flow is a priority - no doubt Rangers will follow to anticipate cash injections 

I called out Hearts long before their issues came to fruition, due to them having to high a compensation to income ratio

For my sins I'm qualified as a Chartered Banker & Chartered Accountant due to having 2 separate careers  

19 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

We used to watch the payments on Trevor Steven arriving - Marseille didn't pay for him upfront - staged payments - we used to look up Rangers Bank Account 

I agree football is based on emotion but bills still need to be paid, and cash flow is a priority - no doubt Rangers will follow to anticipate cash injections 

I called out Hearts long before their issues came to fruition, due to them having to high a compensation to income ratio

For my sins I'm qualified as a Chartered Banker & Chartered Accountant due to having 2 separate careers  

So u didn't sell calculators then. Fair enough. Your point about Trevor Steven. That happens with all transfers. Add ons etc. My point is that the fans don't care a flying fuck if their club has £1 or £1 million in the bank. They want to see a decent team on the pitch. Yes money in the bank to pay the bills is important. Ask the older Celtic fans when the Kelly's were in charge. 15000 attendance reported at games where there was hardly a space to be had. A fan has to trust in the people who run the club. Dave King has delivered on his promises so far. I know it is difficult for u guys to accept that and are a bit raw that Rangers are back and going to rule over u for a long while to come. But you reap what u sow pal. Reap what you sow. Rangers and big Ron forever.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So u didn't sell calculators then. Fair enough. Your point about Trevor Steven. That happens with all transfers. Add ons etc. My point is that the fans don't care a flying fuck if their club has £1 or £1 million in the bank. They want to see a decent team on the pitch. Yes money in the bank to pay the bills is important. Ask the older Celtic fans when the Kelly's were in charge. 15000 attendance reported at games where there was hardly a space to be had. A fan has to trust in the people who run the club. Dave King has delivered on his promises so far. I know it is difficult for u guys to accept that and are a bit raw that Rangers are back and going to rule over u for a long while to come. But you reap what u sow pal. Reap what you sow. Rangers and big Ron forever.

I didn't say money in the bank - I said cash flow which are 2 different things  Income/Outgoings/Long Term Borrowing - evidently Rangers struggle on this or would not require friendly loans from directors

If you look up Rangers financials from Oct 2018, you will see the level of short term liabilities which require to be honored - which will I would imagine come from the season ticket sales

By the way - I notice Cashley won another round in the court case against Rangers

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17783081.rangers-lose-latest-round-merchandise-fight-mike-ashley/

I would never trust Dave King - I think you could suffer for that 

He was considered a crook in South Africa, where up until February I lived for 8 years 

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2013-09-01-why-king-agreed-to-r718m-for-a-new-start/

3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Obsessed by Rangers finances Euan.  You need to get a hobby pal.  What were Hibs incomings/outgoings/balance sheet?  Or Burntisland Shipyards?  Or is it all about the Rangers?  Where are all the legal eagles on here?  You know, Parkie et al who knew all about the law a few years back (via Google).  The Gers are back and some folk can't handle that.  Ye's were warned!! 

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Fantastic move by Rangers.  Won't get any credit on here but facts are facts that some find hard to swallow.  Well done Rangers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-rehab-move-fans-caught-18653026

Whilst some will applaud that it is a step in the right direction, and something that should of been faced into a long time ago, some would argue that it is just lip service. I mean they use speeding as an example. You sit behind the wheel of your car and break speed limit, but how often do you drive? Compare now with a 20/30/40/50 yr old bigot who has lived and breathed being a bigot for however long they have been alive, every moment of every day. I would suggest it would be it would be next to impossible to 're-educate that individual, and would they want help? More likely it would appeal to the '90 minute bigots' as opposed to the full time ones.

Just my 2 cents worth, carry on!

17 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Whilst some will applaud that it is a step in the right direction, and something that should of been faced into a long time ago, some would argue that it is just lip service. I mean they use speeding as an example. You sit behind the wheel of your car and break speed limit, but how often do you drive? Compare now with a 20/30/40/50 yr old bigot who has lived and breathed being a bigot for however long they have been alive, every moment of every day. I would suggest it would be it would be next to impossible to 're-educate that individual, and would they want help? More likely it would appeal to the '90 minute bigots' as opposed to the full time ones.

Just my 2 cents worth, carry on!

Rangers are making that one small step.  But it is a giant leap.  The club should be applauded for that.  And I applaud them.  Unfortunately it won't suit the agenda of some on here.  They need the bile to survive.  Bad Rangers!!

9 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Obsessed by Rangers finances Euan.  You need to get a hobby pal.  What were Hibs incomings/outgoings/balance sheet?  Or Burntisland Shipyards?  Or is it all about the Rangers?  Where are all the legal eagles on here?  You know, Parkie et al who knew all about the law a few years back (via Google).  The Gers are back and some folk can't handle that.  Ye's were warned!! 

I find it amusing how people can be so blind - 5 mins of my time to review the data - then rangers baiting - likely they need a cash injection or very good progress in europe  - paying a lot of cash for guys who don't get on the pitch