The Mighty Rangers - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Looked at a picture and didn’t recognise it as the Ernst Happel. The ramshackle shit-tip I was at was the Hanappi stadium. It got demolished and they built the new Allianz on it. Rapid played at the Ernst-Happel-Stadion during construction.

You're right enough! Scotland played at the Hanappi, and Celtic played at the Ernst Happel. Those arses at Sky Sports getting it wrong with Scottish fitba yet again!

Edited by Tartan_McCole

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was a 2-2 draw I'm sure.

We fucked a 2-0 lead.

Just looked it up there, your thinking of the 2005 game at the Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadion in Graz where we indeed blew a 2-0 (Miller & O'Connor scored) lead to draw 2-2. Smith brought Brian O'Neil back for that game !

We played them again in May 2007 at the Gerhard Hanappi Stadion in Vienna and won 1-0 (O'Connor scored).

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sadly saw this coming. Ineffective up front and poor in central defence. Story of our season really. 

Aye. I think that there's clear improvements that need to be made by Rangers. They've come a long way on last season, but the lack of quality in key areas has cost them a place in the knockout stages when they really should've made it through this group, given the ability of the other sides - especially Spartak Moscow.

18 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

That was a grim watch. Neither side seemed up to much tonight.

Can safely say the winner of the competition wont come from our group, anyway.

Poor tonight, but pleased with progress overall.

Taking nothing from Spartak killed us.

Might have been different if our good goal when we were 3-2 up would have stood.  But then again, we probably didn't deserve it over all.

12 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Loads of then kicked off their flights in Glasgow and Amsterdam last night. Other Huns saying on twitter they were singing 10 German bombers and calling the air hostesses Nazis on the flight to Munich.

Probably brought it on themselves for serving green tea though.

They have previous I’m sure.

Did they not lose their shit after a Pepperami found its way into Ibrox a few years back ?

51 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Pressure on Gerrards rangers now, Gerrards rangers need to step up a gear otherwise Gerrards rangers could no longer be Gerrards rangers, they'd just be rangers 😜

He won’t be under pressure for not getting through the groups. He exceeded expectations just by getting us there. Not many teams come through 4 qualifying rounds to make the groups stages. 

I said this before the game but us going out and Celtic staying in isn’t the worst thing for us. 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

He won’t be under pressure for not getting through the groups. He exceeded expectations just by getting us there. Not many teams come through 4 qualifying rounds to make the groups stages. 

I said this before the game but us going out and Celtic staying in isn’t the worst thing for us. 

I was taking the piss mate 👍