The Mighty Rangers - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

As long as the ball is still on the ground the player can go for it.  It is a simple rule and goal should have stood.  Arfield had to go for it, he did and scored.  Anyway, natural order has been restored and we are back in our rightful place watching the league from the top.  Simple.

Are you playing with a full deck? That was a red card. The keeper had the ball  and Hannibal Arfield went in with 2 feet studs up. Fucking shocking tackle. 

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

As long as the ball is still on the ground the player can go for it.  It is a simple rule and goal should have stood.  Arfield had to go for it, he did and scored.  Anyway, natural order has been restored and we are back in our rightful place watching the league from the top.  Simple.

If the keeper is in control of the ball - as he was - you can't challenge the keeper, especially like that.

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are you playing with a full deck? That was a red card. The keeper had the ball  and Hannibal Arfield went in with 2 feet studs up. Fucking shocking tackle. 

Ball was on the deck.  Them's the rules.  Goalies get too much protection anyway.  Nobody got hurt.  Anyway, where you watching the final?  Boozer?  Enjoy but hope ye's get beat by a last minute penalty.  Canny see it mind.  Have a guid day and behave!!

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I will send you a link to the rules big yin.  He got the ball which was on the deck.  Simple.

Aye ok pal. I am.a FIFA certified coach, I coach at a very high level. I think I know what I am talking about. That was a straight red. End of..

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ball was on the deck.  Them's the rules.  Goalies get too much protection anyway.  Nobody got hurt.  Anyway, where you watching the final?  Boozer?  Enjoy but hope ye's get beat by a last minute penalty.  Canny see it mind.  Have a guid day and behave!!

Law 12: Fouls and Misconduct

"A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands."

28 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Absolute pish. 

Keeper has it under control, in both hands. It's an idiotic, cowardly challenge. 

Probably looking at a 2 match ban for it too. He's a fuckwit, much like you if you believe what you've just posted. 

21 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Law 12: Fouls and Misconduct

"A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands."

Thanks Clyde. Saved me looking it up. 👍

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

Finishes 2-1 Rangers, who go top. Hearts didn't really threaten following the red card. Given the injuries Hearts have, I still think that they'll finish in the top three this season based on what I've seen of them.

top 3, so behind Killie and who else do you think?   ...

1 minute ago, stocky said:

top 3, so behind Killie and who else do you think?   ...

😁

I've got Killie fourth at the moment - just not sure about the depth, particularly if Brophy or Stewart got injured. I think it'll be close run thing for third, but I think Hearts have the depth to edge Killie at the moment.

52 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Absolute pish. 

Keeper has it under control, in both hands. It's an idiotic, cowardly challenge. 

Probably looking at a 2 match ban for it too. He's a fuckwit, much like you if you believe what you've just posted. 

Ball was on the deck.  If I was still playing I would have went for it with all I had.  If you think the goalie was in control lying in the back of the goals with his hands on a ball that was on the deck then that's your opinion and may be correct.  What I am saying is I would have gone for it as it was on the ground and on the line.  Be interesting if gers appeal though.  Never touched the goalie either btw and yon big canadian fella wants him shot!!!  C'mon the Dons.

12 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Ball was there to be won. Arfield rightly went for it. Now that’s out of the road, I need to go for a lie down. Sticking up for Huns. Fuck me. 🙈

This is the most worrying thing I've seen in quite a while. You need to see the Dr immediately! 😉

Keeper had it in both hands even before he starts to slide. 

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Is the ball on the ground when Arfield goes for it? A yes/no answer please.

The ball's on the group, but as I noted, it's irrelevant as for whether it's a foul or not. It's whether the goalkeeper is in control of the ball, which he was.

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

The ball's on the group, but as I noted, it's irrelevant as for whether it's a foul or not. It's whether the goalkeeper is in control of the ball, which he was.

Rules have changed since I played then Clyde.  I would still have went for it today though in any case.  And I bet Scott Brown would too.  Nobody was hurt and I believe Arfield was entitled to go for it.  But hey ho, I am biased as I used to hate the protection goalies got and now it seems it's even worse.  Thanks for clearing that up but I still don't think it's a sending off.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Rules have changed since I played then Clyde.  I would still have went for it today though in any case.  And I bet Scott Brown would too.  Nobody was hurt and I believe Arfield was entitled to go for it.  But hey ho, I am biased as I used to hate the protection goalies got and now it seems it's even worse.  Thanks for clearing that up but I still don't think it's a sending off.

I hate the protection that the keepers get now too, as in a lot of cases it's a foul if you even touch them. I only found out about the rule about a year ago when Reading (who I support) had a goal disallowed in similar circumstances, but with the keeper only having a single hand on the ball - a couple of our former players were unaware that challenging the keeper in that situation wasn't allowed anymore.

I think the red card came because of the way that Arfield went for the ball. Seemed to go in with both feet in a reckless manner, which you can't get away with anywhere on the pitch.