The Mighty Rangers - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

Even Morelos was embarrassed for the Villarreal boy rolling about holding his face.

Wonder how the appeal will go.

:lol:

My view is ref felt he had to book someone, and has fucked up and booked someone who was already booked.

Ive bet a red card each at 25/1, so hope he evens it up.

I reckon the ref got it right. If you watch the way candelas steps forward in a big lunge to land on the guys calf it's a really unnatural motion. 

Taverner was lucky not to get booked too for kicking the guy on the deck too. Stupid overly aggressive play which they got called for

16 minutes ago, Mee said:

I reckon the ref got it right. If you watch the way candelas steps forward in a big lunge to land on the guys calf it's a really unnatural motion. 

Taverner was lucky not to get booked too for kicking the guy on the deck too. Stupid overly aggressive play which they got called for

Here fishy, fishy! 😁

Candeias was trying not to stand on the guy and the linesman even trys to tell the ref he's making a rip roaring arse of himself but the ref ignores him. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Here fishy, fishy! 😁

Candeias was trying not to stand on the guy and the linesman even trys to tell the ref he's making a rip roaring arse of himself but the ref ignores him. 

Looked more like he was intervening to stop him restarting the game before actually sending Candeias off for having received a 2nd caution.

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Looked more like he was intervening to stop him restarting the game before actually sending Candeias off for having received a 2nd caution.

You may be right Cove. I wasn't exactly at my calmest at that point. 🙄

My point on the ref being hopeless stands though. He got a not inconsiderable number of decisions clearly wrong against both teams. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Here fishy, fishy! 😁

Here, watch this again and tell me it's not a stamp 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Correct Stu.  Only listened on radio.  Was it a sending off?

Nope. Ref was all over the place tonight.

Think it was Flanagan who handled the ball on the half way line to stop them breaking- Ref missed that n'all. That was a much bigger chance of being a red.

He even screwed up the full time whistle :lol: 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s harsh to think that he might look back at his career at the end and think he could have did more?

Some keeper on his day. 

Possibly, although he went through a spell where he wasn't nearly as good as he is now.

(I've family who have been going to Hull for 40+ years who would attest to that)

Anyway, hopefully his legendary bedroom antics means we will have an army of young world class Scottish keepers coming through in the next couple of years :ok:

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You’re sure of that, aye?

Yip.  A still picture can be misleading as that one clearly displays.  For starters, I'm not sure his first yellow was warranted.  Secondly, we should have had a clear free kick about 5 seconds before the incident and lastly it was Morelos who committed the foul (by clipping the guys leg, no idea why he went down holding his face).  The Ref had an absolute shocker all night.  As someone else pointed out, the Flanagan handball and that one at the end where he gave them a corner when he was 2 feet away from the Villarreal player who played it out was unbelievable and could have cost us a well deserved point.

Agree about a still picture not being a fair reflection.

Candeias was a bit unlucky to get the 2nd yellow.

It was one of those scrappy series of play that was only going to escalate until somebody got booked.

I think my initial opinion might be close to the mark. The ref felt he had to book someone and accidentally singled out a player he forgot was already on a yellow.

I think he’d have booked Morelos if he’d realised Candeias was on a yellow??

It's bizarre to me that Rangers fans don't seem to see the correlation between booting opposing teams up in the air constantly and getting increasing numbers of players red carded. 

12 hours ago, Mee said:

Here, watch this again and tell me it's not a stamp 

It's not a stamp. For a start he doesn't put his weight down, he doesn't make contact and the guy rolls around holdi g his face, which receives no contact whatsoever. 

Sorry, I don't see what you see. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Agree about a still picture not being a fair reflection.

Candeias was a bit unlucky to get the 2nd yellow.

It was one of those scrappy series of play that was only going to escalate until somebody got booked.

I think my initial opinion might be close to the mark. The ref felt he had to book someone and accidentally singled out a player he forgot was already on a yellow.

I think he’d have booked Morelos if he’d realised Candeias was on a yellow??

In the end it didn't actually work out that bad for us.  We'd have taken a point before the game and if he had booked the right man (Morelos) he'd have been suspended for Vienna and a bigger miss for us than Candieas will be, especially if we can get Kent back fit.