The Mighty Rangers - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

8 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Aye because you know me and I'm a bigot.

Are you saying Lennon hasn't had racist/sectarian abuse, seriously?

You seem very dismissive of it, which is strange considering he's had death threats, bullets in the post etc, same way as other Northern Irish RC's at Celtic had.

It that not "proper racism" in your book? 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Are you saying Lennon hasn't had racist/sectarian abuse, seriously?

You seem very dismissive of it, which is strange considering he's had death threats, bullets in the post etc, same way as other Northern Irish RC's at Celtic had.

It that not "proper racism" in your book? 

Lennon has had sectarian abuse there's no doubt about it.

But calling it racism is wrong.

I’m not surprised they haven’t, but should the SFA have issued a notice of complaint against Rangers for the statement last week?

If a player or manager had made comments even close to those in the statement in a post match interview, they’d be up in front of “the beaks” at Hampden.

Does a club statement give you the anonymity to publicly criticise a match official.

On the same subject the explanation given for the yellow card is all a bit bizarre? It seems they’ve tried to trump up the charge by adding in the gesturing.

Generally when there’s a coming together between 2 or more players, 1 from each team gets booked. That’s what appears to have happened.

When did refs start explaining themselves anyway?

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

On the same subject the explanation given for the yellow card is all a bit bizarre? It seems they’ve tried to trump up the charge by adding in the gesturing.

Generally when there’s a coming together between 2 or more players, 1 from each team gets booked. That’s what appears to have happened.

When did refs start explaining themselves anyway?

Neither side is managing this very well. Rangers have a point but their approach was ridiculous. Now the SFA have started trying to justify a stupid decision. 

We all know there needs to be a review of the rules around appeals process and that could have been Rangers approach, if done in a sensible tone, but they went all spoiled child instead. That in turn has forced the nonsense since. 

Useless big weans. 

24 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Neither side is managing this very well. Rangers have a point but their approach was ridiculous. Now the SFA have started trying to justify a stupid decision. 

We all know there needs to be a review of the rules around appeals process and that could have been Rangers approach, if done in a sensible tone, but they went all spoiled child instead. That in turn has forced the nonsense since. 

Useless big weans. 

Aye, sums it up well.

It’s a good example of why refs maybe shouldn’t come out and try to justify their decisions. He’s messed up, he can’t really admit that, and there’s no means to rectify it, don’t make it worse by trying to explain it.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, sums it up well.

It’s a good example of why refs maybe shouldn’t come out and try to justify their decisions. He’s messed up, he can’t really admit that, and there’s no means to rectify it, don’t make it worse by trying to explain it.

The ref made a mistake, they all do just like players and managers. Fans and sometimes clubs are looking for perfection from refs but it’s not there. 

A simplie few words from the SFA in response to rangers would have been enough. Something along the lines of 

Dear Mr traynor,

shut up and grow up

yours

the SFA

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The ref made a mistake, they all do just like players and managers. Fans and sometimes clubs are looking for perfection from refs but it’s not there. 

A simplie few words from the SFA in response to rangers would have been enough. Something along the lines of 

Dear Mr traynor,

shut up and grow up

yours

the SFA

Agree 100% with this.

51 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Dear Mr traynor,

shut up and grow up

yours

the SFA

If only the SFA had the balls for this approach. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers facing 5 SFA charges for that Willie Collum statement.

:lol:

I thought they’d got away with it too.

Somewhere in Airdrie a keyboard is getting the crumbs shaken off it ready to type...

All will be appealed and swept under a carpet.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers facing 5 SFA charges for that Willie Collum statement.

:lol:

I thought they’d got away with it too.

Somewhere in Airdrie a keyboard is getting the crumbs shaken off it ready to type...

Celtic got an apology. We get cited...

As much as I believe we handled this terribly, it shows once again how shite the SFA are and out of touch.  This'll now grow arms and legs.  Brilliant 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Debian said:

As much as I believe we handled this terribly, it shows once again how shite the SFA are and out of touch.  This'll now grow arms and legs.  Brilliant 🤷‍♂️

To be fair, if you made comments in a post match interview even touching the sides of what that statement said you’d be up in front of the SFA and you can understand things getting said in the heat of the moment.

To come out and make all sorts of insinuations about an official in a statement like that is bang out of order. That’s a calculated move.

I’m not saying they are entirely wrong, but it’s not the correct way to raise your concern. It’s a sound bite for the fuck the SFA element of the support.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, if you made comments in a post match interview even touching the sides of what that statement said you’d be up in front of the SFA and you can understand things getting said in the heat of the moment.

To come out and make all sorts of insinuations about an official in a statement like that is bang out of order. That’s a calculated move.

I’m not saying they are entirely wrong, but it’s not the correct way to raise your concern. It’s a sound bite for the fuck the SFA element of the support.

What is the right way to raise a  concern? The statement was made after and the appeal was dismissed and after submitting a formal complaint, what avenues are left?

3 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

What is the right way to raise a  concern? The statement was made after and the appeal was dismissed and after submitting a formal complaint, what avenues are left?

The appeal was dismissed because it was a farce.

Yes, the decision was wrong, and unfortunately resulted in a red card and ban. There are no grounds to appeal a 2nd yellow card, unless it’s mistaken identity, it wasn’t.

These rules were set before the season started, as a member club of the SFA/SPFL I presume Rangers signed them off. It’s not like they just made it up on the spot (admittedly they do have previous here).

If Rangers think the rules need looked at and/or have concerns about the standard of refereeing, I’m sure there are official channels to do it.

This statement was a petulant tantrum because the rules didn’t suit Rangers and possibly an attempt to influence (scare) future officials.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The appeal was dismissed because it was a farce.

Yes, the decision was wrong, and unfortunately resulted in a red card and ban. There are no grounds to appeal a 2nd yellow card, unless it’s mistaken identity, it wasn’t.

These rules were set before the season started, as a member club of the SFA/SPFL I presume Rangers signed them off. It’s not like they just made it up on the spot (admittedly they do have previous here).

If Rangers think the rules need looked at and/or have concerns about the standard of refereeing, I’m sure there are official channels to do it.

This statement was a petulant tantrum because the rules didn’t suit Rangers and possibly an attempt to influence (scare) future officials.

Being honest I've no idea when the rules are reviewed and what say the club's have on them. I was just genuinely curious as to what other avenues were available after reaching out to the SFA directly twice. 

I agree the appeal was pharsical but then again nobody knew what he had been sent off for until after the appeal had been dismissed (and possibly even after Rangers released their statement).

Nobody wants to stick up for the SFA, they haven’t covered themselves in glory either. The attempted explanation was a joke, are they going to come out and explain every decision now?

You say Rangers put in a complaint, but did they await a response?

Conducting this business publicly was playing to the gallery. Playing into the victim mentality amongst the Rangers support.

5 hours ago, Debian said:

Why do you lot (and vice versa) need to compare absolutely everything to the other side?

Rangers have got away with violent conduct on a number of occasions this season when other teams haven't.

Never saw you lot moaning then.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Conducting this business publicly was playing to the gallery. Playing into the victim mentality amongst the Rangers support.

Anything to take the pressure off them elsewhere.

Hence why no cunt questions the board at the AGM about why they are still losing money hand over fist each month.

They'll never, ever learn. Must be the easiest support in the world to pull the wool over their eyes.