The Mighty Rangers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Rangers

The original & only rangers 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Ranger_Division

although there are similarities 

A famous phrase associated with the Rangers is One Riot, One Ranger. It is somewhat apocryphal in that there was never actually a riot; rather, the phrase was coined by Ranger Captain William "Bill" McDonald, who was sent to Dallas in 1896 to prevent the illegal heavyweight prize fight between Pete Maher and Bob Fitzsimmons that had been organized by Dan Stuart and patronized by the eccentric "Hanging Judge" Roy Bean of Langtry, Texas.[28] According to the story, McDonald's train was met by the mayor, who asked the single Ranger where the other lawmen were. McDonald is said to have replied: "Hell! Ain't I enough? There's only one prize-fight!"[29]

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Ryan Jack left in an ambulance from Stevie May challenge. 

Karma is a terrible thing 😂😂

Sad statement.  Wishing injury on someone.  But then again you guys have history of that.  You can't just accept a point from a game you should never had with 11 against 10 for 80 minutes.  Dignity kid.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Sad statement.  Wishing injury on someone.  But then again you guys have history of that.  You can't just accept a point from a game you should never had with 11 against 10 for 80 minutes.  Dignity kid.

I never wished injury on anyone. I merely stated that what goes around, comes around :)

17 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Jack deliberately deserves an injury for setting out to injure another. Fuck him.

26 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Jack deliberately deserves an injury for setting out to injure another. Fuck him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1026062195577286656

Have you seen the tweet by early peepil. The picture of the away dressing room prior to the match at pittodrie had me laughing, they draped the treatment table with a Union Jack. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by vanderark14

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1026062195577286656

Have you seen the tweet by early peepil. The picture of the away dressing room prior to the match at pittodrie had me laughing, they draped the treatment table with a Union Jack. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Says someone from England who goes on to Rangers Football Club Twitter feed.  You could not make it up!!  Me, Ramy and Ron are only sensible posters left I think.

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Accepted, at the end of the day, if the snake had committed to the challenge, he would’ve never been injured. 

I think that’s the term used, correct?

He got a dull one.  That is what I saw and he did not want to hurt anyone.  Correct?  Christ u guys won a watch today with your only shot on goal aganst 10 men!!  Be happy and enjoy.  I think Rangers proved today (but only on one showing) that they are a better side.  But, it's a long season ahead.  I think we will win the league though.  Top scorers last season and Gerard has sorted out the defence.  A lot of spaces in the home stands!!

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

He got a dull one.  That is what I saw and he did not want to hurt anyone.  Correct?  Christ u guys won a watch today with your only shot on goal aganst 10 men!!  Be happy and enjoy.  I think Rangers proved today (but only on one showing) that they are a better side.  But, it's a long season ahead.  I think we will win the league though.  Top scorers last season and Gerard has sorted out the defence.  A lot of spaces in the home stands!!

I’m not happy, I’m raging at that performance today. Gerrards comments were ridiculous and if he carries that attitude on, the media will destroy him in seconds. 

Rangers were allegedly a better side than us last year too, took 10 points from us and still came 3rd. 

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.....

And apparently the player of the year is injured already 🤣🤣

What difference to a game of football does spaces in home stands make?

Edited by dandydunn