coupon for the new season - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

coupon for the new season

• 10 months later...

I’ve been on fire the last 2 weeks. Had Katic 22/1 anytime against the Danes, Morelos 4-1 at 35/1 in the return leg and Defoe 3-0 at 18s on Sunday. In addition I got a 23/1 4 timer up on Saturday. I’m assuming that’s me for the next 3 seasons. 

I stopped gambling in January. 

Got a bit of a grasp on me and needed an out. 

Deleted all my apps, even stopped doing super 6 midway through the season and haven’t looked at a bet since. 

Never even put on the kids horses for the grand national. 

On 8/20/2019 at 6:47 PM, dandydunn said:

Deleted all my apps, even stopped doing super 6 midway through the season and haven’t looked at a bet since. 

Good man. Only the bookies win in the end and there’s far more important things in life to spend your money on, as you well know

On 8/20/2019 at 5:48 PM, Fairbairn said:

I’ve been on fire the last 2 weeks. Had Katic 22/1 anytime against the Danes, Morelos 4-1 at 35/1 in the return leg and Defoe 3-0 at 18s on Sunday. In addition I got a 23/1 4 timer up on Saturday. I’m assuming that’s me for the next 3 seasons. 

4 timer accie up yesterday. :whistling:

On 8/20/2019 at 6:47 PM, dandydunn said:

Love and live for gambling. I have plenty of like minded pals and nothing better than a day at the races, dogs etc. I enjoy a punt on Football, Cricket, Golf and so on. With a bit of care and control so much pleasure to be had.

41 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Love and live for gambling. I have plenty of like minded pals and nothing better than a day at the races, dogs etc. I enjoy a punt on Football, Cricket, Golf and so on. With a bit of care and control so much pleasure to be had.

I agree, always enjoyed the buzz of waiting and having banter with my pals over it, the problem was that the fun had gone and it was taking over my life. 

Stepping away from it was the best thing I’d ever done. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

I agree, always enjoyed the buzz of waiting and having banter with my pals over it, the problem was that the fun had gone and it was taking over my life. 

Stepping away from it was the best thing I’d ever done. 

Fair enough, going from a Punter to a Gambler is the wrong direction to head.  Gambling large amounts in relation to your disposable income is the road to ruin but small stakes well within affordability can provide good entertainment. I respect your decision.

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

Fair enough, going from a Punter to a Gambler is the wrong direction to head.  Gambling large amounts in relation to your disposable income is the road to ruin but small stakes well within affordability can provide good entertainment. I respect your decision.

I agree with that 100%. I have no issue with anyone gambling at all and will quite happily discuss it with my pals. I’m just glad o got out whilst I could, I’ve seen it ruin many a life when the bets starting being chased, I would never condemn or judge anyone else who does enjoy it. 

On 8/25/2019 at 11:48 AM, teecee- said:

Spot on. Only bet what you can afford to lose. When you break this rule chuck it.  

Not that fussed about betting unless it involves meeting up with the mates in the pub or the Man Hut watching coupon on Sky Sports, game of pool and arguing about what music is getting played 

Anyway todays picks are West Ham, Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom, Ipswich trebles and four fold. And a wee double on Man Utd and Rochdale