Dell gaming popup - Technical Support - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dell gaming popup


Dairbee
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm getting all sorts of pop up ads at the bottom of my screen on my laptop for last few days.

Advertising is just swamping the TAMB more and more and making it very hard to enjoy it after over 17 years on here.

Almost unbearable now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fringo said:

I'm getting all sorts of pop up ads at the bottom of my screen on my laptop for last few days.

Advertising is just swamping the TAMB more and more and making it very hard to enjoy it after over 17 years on here.

Almost unbearable now.

I’m getting the same on the bottom of the page when using an IPad, starts with an O2 advert and if you close it then another then another then another 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DOUBLE A said:

I’m getting the same on the bottom of the page when using an IPad, starts with an O2 advert and if you close it then another then another then another 

Same here. All sorts at the bottom of every page to add to all the ones at the top of each page and at the side with the screen resizing and moving for a few seconds each time. Driving me crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, fringo said:

Same here. All sorts at the bottom of every page to add to all the ones at the top of each page and at the side with the screen resizing and moving for a few seconds each time. Driving me crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this still happening? We are working with the ad people to remove the ones that are causing issues.

If anyone has issues can you possibly DM me screenshots with your device etc as it helps us recreate to remove anything that is too annoying.  I might not always see these posts till a few days later, by which time usually it's fixed itself or moved on to next ad cycle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whether it's on desktop or tablet, this place is becoming unbearable with adverts. Adverts pop up in between threads and trying to post using a tablet is a bloody nightmare because of the adverts at the bottom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2018 at 6:32 AM, vanderark14 said:

Whether it's on desktop or tablet, this place is becoming unbearable with adverts. Adverts pop up in between threads and trying to post using a tablet is a bloody nightmare because of the adverts at the bottom

Can you send me a screen print example of exactly what you are getting? Some adverts are an necessary evil unfortunately to keep the board running but we don't want them to make it unusable. We can't recreate the issues others are having so if we get as much info and screen prints we can then work on it for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2018 at 9:31 PM, TAMB1 said:

Is this still happening? We are working with the ad people to remove the ones that are causing issues.

If anyone has issues can you possibly DM me screenshots with your device etc as it helps us recreate to remove anything that is too annoying.  I might not always see these posts till a few days later, by which time usually it's fixed itself or moved on to next ad cycle. 

From my laptop when I go on to TAMB.................I tried sending you a message but can'y attach a picture ?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Debian said:

Anyone with half a brain knows you need add blockers and should use VPNs on the web.  

Cheers. I'm just please that I've managed to navigate the interweb all these years with <50% of a brain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying to recreate some of the problems people are getting and struggling, some depend on what you have previously visited online. I get the Sky Witness one to come up but it's at the very bottom of the screen and doesn't block any content and is easily closed, Others may get a different version which is why screen prints are useful to try get to the bottom of any issues and help solve peoples problems.

As others have stated ads are vital to the board to keep it running, costs are high and ads help cover some of this cost, although not all of the costs associated with the board. We want to have as little ads as possible and finding the balance between user experience and trying to cover costs is a very thin line unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...