The Mighty Celtic... - Page 60 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

43 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Out jail of got?

Vert much so. We struggled to cope with the physical battle in the first half, and it's basically mystery how we went in a goal up 

Can't say I'm overly fussed at this moment though. It is something we will have to address mind you.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Heard there was a song about BR die in your sleep. Just read about it on some Celtic sight. If it's true, a big if? That's not on with me. I hate the prick, but come. Thats all. HH

Seen a video of a few fannies singing it in a pub. Wasn't sang at the game and the comments on the video are slating them for it.

A real sliding doors moment for the season.

Rangers are apparently flying and Celtic dropping points would’ve completely changed the tone of the “title race” and handed them some hope/momentum.

I thought Scott Browns goal at Rugby park might’ve been the clincher, but that one last night was massive. I can’t see Celtic dropping many points between now and wrapping up the title.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

A real sliding doors moment for the season.

Rangers are apparently flying and Celtic dropping points would’ve completely changed the tone of the “title race” and handed them some hope/momentum.

I thought Scott Browns goal at Rugby park might’ve been the clincher, but that one last night was massive. I can’t see Celtic dropping many points between now and wrapping up the title.

A win in the cup against Hibs and we will be in a great position. Still plenty of tough matches to come but last night was huge. 

13 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

A win in the cup against Hibs and we will be in a great position. Still plenty of tough matches to come but last night was huge. 

Psychologically more than anything.

That last minute winner sets a very different tone from 2 dropped points.

19 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Psychologically more than anything.

That last minute winner sets a very different tone from 2 dropped points.

Sadly, I agree. I thought Rodgers leaving had handed us a chance but that late goal popped that balloon. 

Interestingly I thought the Hearts boy deserved his red but can't see how that challenge was any different that Simunovic a few weeks ago that wasn't even classed as a foul, IIRC. The consistency of the refs is beyond pathetic. No two guys seem to give the same decision on any one incident. 

30 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sadly, I agree. I thought Rodgers leaving had handed us a chance but that late goal popped that balloon. 

Interestingly I thought the Hearts boy deserved his red but can't see how that challenge was any different that Simunovic a few weeks ago that wasn't even classed as a foul, IIRC. The consistency of the refs is beyond pathetic. No two guys seem to give the same decision on any one incident. 

I suppose a difference would be that at least Simunovic actually made contact with the ball.

53 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The consistency of the refs is beyond pathetic. No two guys seem to give the same decision on any one incident. 

refs can’t even be consistent across 90 minutes, let alone differ t refs across different games.

37 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I suppose a difference would be that at least Simunovic actually made contact with the ball.

Only after going right through the player. 

Don't get me wrong, that's how I played the game. I wasn't very good so made up for that with energy and aggression. 

However the game has changed massively and these types of challenges are supposedly no longer allowed. 

“Cups are not won by individuals but by men in a team who put their club before personal prestige.”  Jock Stein

You have to laugh at the irony in this quote. The Celtic fans nor Jock Stein couldn’t have been aware of the term “irony”

This is Jock Stein who left Hibs midway through the league season to join a club for more money, this is club being Celtic 

I dont think thats ironic, its just a sad reflection on idiots.

The twats who made the sign will be 18-25 probably, and have no idea about the history, but they will claim credit for the Lisbon Lions etc

Generally these fans, who are far too invested in their club, tend to be fucking retards.

Jock stein is and will always be my hero.  Brendan Rodgers is looking after himself and getting out of the sectarian poison at celtic park.  Jock Stein got offered a role at Celtic Pools by the sectarian board.  The Kellys.  Sorry.  Only speaking fact.  And sometimes facts cant be dealt with.  Scotland Forever.