The Mighty Celtic... - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

26 minutes ago, Mox said:

Is it bollocks, he's been guff in every game he's played and in no way an improvement on Lustig, which is remarkable. He's not going to be here in the summer either, he may as well go back now.

That's just nonsense 🙄

I'm with Slasher on this. Don't think he's done much wrong since arriving, with the exception of the home game v Valencia like the rest of the team. Offers more going forward than Lustig does.

Never seen his first booking tonight but thought his second was the ring decision. Valencia player fell over him, no idea why he was booked.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

That's just nonsense 🙄

I'd send Benkovic and Burke back tomorrow as well, another two that have done very little but hold back actual Celtic players from progressing. Don't fret though, the manager will be out to tell us that this we will learn from this defeat whilst displaying no evidence of such in next year's European games.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

I'd send Benkovic and Burke back tomorrow as well, another two that have done very little but hold back actual Celtic players from progressing. Don't fret though, the manager will be out to tell us that this we will learn from this defeat whilst displaying no evidence of such in next year's European games.

You might be right on some levels Mox but you're just way too negative for my liking.

14 minutes ago, Mox said:

Benkovic was a very necessary signing at the time he was brought in and Burke gives us a different option when playing up front. I also think he's likely to stay for another 12 months after this loan spell. 

Wasn't so long ago we had to play a teenage winger up front against the huns. Burke was another necessary signing. 

31 minutes ago, slasher said:

You might be right on some levels Mox but you're just way too negative for my liking.

I accept I am negative and pessimistic, but we've been sleep walking these last two years and we're not in any better shape after Rodgers first season, when quite frankly he worked miracles. That was the peak for the vast majority of that squad and it was at that point we should have been utterly ruthless and we rest on our laurels. We should have said goodbye to Lustig, Gordon, Simunovic and started easing Brown out the team at that stage, it was the perfect time to do it but this complete lack of ruthlessness permeates the whole club.

Since then we've just started stock piling players, unable or refusing to get rid of players that both the fans and I assume, the manger knows are not good enough all whilst having an exorbitant wage bill. We've scrapped about for loan players, the vast majority of whom return to their clubs with little benefit to ourselves and we've signed a left back in Izaguirre who was finished the first time he left. There's no succession planning in place, perfectly exemplified by the decision to give Brown another fucking two years on his contract just a few weeks ago.

We are sleep walking into disaster, someone needs to grab the reigns and make big, big changes this summer because it is desperately needed.

I'm not a GIUY kind of poster, however, given the 'look at me... I know next to nothing about football and I'm a big fish in a wee pond' superiority of certain Celtic supporters on here (and in the interest of learning and growing) and using the example of the shoe being on the other foot... lolceltic.gif

(You see... that's not very nice is it?)

Please try and be more considerate of the other fans of other teams in the future.

(Your team buying domestic trophies doesn't make you personally better than anyone.)

Thank you. :)

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm not a GIUY kind of poster, however, given the 'look at me... I know next to nothing about football and I'm a big fish in a wee pond' superiority of certain Celtic supporters on here (and in the interest of learning and growing) and using the example of the shoe being on the other foot... lolceltic.gif

Please try and be more considerate of the other fans of other teams in the future.

(Your team buying domestic trophies doesn't make you personally better than anyone.)

"That's not very nice, please be more considerate"  hahaha fuck me man. 

Your post above is what football rivalry is all about. We take it on the chin and don't cry about it.

All your post highlights is that you're perhaps too sensitive to be watching football.

14 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I'm with Slasher on this. Don't think he's done much wrong since arriving, with the exception of the home game v Valencia like the rest of the team. Offers more going forward than Lustig does.

Never seen his first booking tonight but thought his second was the ring decision. Valencia player fell over him, no idea why he was booked.

Think the first booking was for a shirt pull, so pretty much standard yellow in European games. I'm with you on the second one. He got caught ball watching and in his recovery the Valencia player ran into him. 

Baffling decision to book him, although striker would have maybe been away in on goal, so ref might have given it for that? 

Celtic a bit unlucky last night from what I saw. Red card killed their slim chances. 1st one was daft, 2nd one unfortunate.

Damage was done at parkhead.

(insightful stuff)

Was hoping for a 2-0 win and defeat on penalties, but playing 60 mins with 10 men might help for Sunday, we need all the help we can get going there!

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic a bit unlucky last night from what I saw. Red card killed their slim chances. 1st one was daft, 2nd one unfortunate.

(insightful stuff)

Was hoping for a 2-0 win and defeat on penalties, but playing 60 mins with 10 men might help for Sunday, we need all the help we can get going there!

'Mon the Well.

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

(insightful stuff)

Sunday will be a good competitive game I think, with Motherwell's recent form and the reasons about us playing on Thursday that you mentioned.  Just a pity it has to be a Sunday, as it usually kills the atmosphere for various reasons.

2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Sunday will be a good competitive game I think, with Motherwell's recent form and the reasons about us playing on Thursday that you mentioned.  Just a pity it has to be a Sunday, as it usually kills the atmosphere for various reasons.

I’d been given a free pass for Saturday too, then realised it’s Sunday.

Wife actually said “is there football on Saturday?” As she’s having people over.

Probably just Celtic TV for this one.

Club 100 (old fir park club) have been running buses everywhere this season and saw they’d cancelled Sunday’s. Don’t get me wrong parkheads easy to get to yourself, but that’s indicative of the attitude to a trip to parkhead. Reckon we’d have taken a really healthy crowd anywhere else in central belt. Probably be about 200 ‘well fans there.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d been given a free pass for Saturday too, then realised it’s Sunday.

Wife actually said “is there football on Saturday?” As she’s having people over.

Probably just Celtic TV for this one.

Club 100 (old fir park club) have been running buses everywhere this season and saw they’d cancelled Sunday’s. Don’t get me wrong parkheads easy to get to yourself, but that’s indicative of the attitude to a trip to parkhead. Reckon we’d have taken a really healthy crowd anywhere else in central belt. Probably be about 200 ‘well fans there.

Club 100 have cancelled a few buses this season to be fair.

32 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Club 100 have cancelled a few buses this season to be fair.

Have you any proof?

😛

Probably do, seem to try and run a bus to anything, just popped up on my news feed and thought it was an indicator of the apathy, even given our form.

Really crap away day. £28, shite view (or £26 for a really shite view), stewards are awful.... and we usually get pumped.

15 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

What? 😳

On 2/21/2019 at 12:35 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Oh, be nice.

Not to continue this, but I thought I would answer given a.couple of days to think. The only part I take back is the slap across the chops, no room for aggression or violent conduct in the board, my apologies to the other posters for that comment. I do have a wee bit of a temper at times. Pretty much that's all.. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not to continue this, but I thought I would answer given a.couple of days to think. The only part I take back is the slap across the chops, no room for aggression or violent conduct in the board, my apologies to the other posters for that comment. I do have a wee bit of a temper at times. Pretty much that's all.. 

Ye canny get violent conduct on a board. Unless you catch a computer virus from someone i think.