The Mighty Celtic... - Page 264 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

51 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok, me and a few Celtic pals have referred to the hearts as "diet huns" over the years. There is no love loss between Celtic and Hearts. Its a figure of speech. I have also seen that term on a few Celtic boards over the years..  As far as my comments about "Celtic in my blood", I think some folk believe I am a Canadian glory hunter which is not the case. I moved here at a young age, but attended Parkhead on quite a few occasions with ma Dad, who was a season ticket holder, and ma.Granda when I lived in Scotland.. I am well aware of Celtic FC history and traditions, contrary to that wank Dandydumb..  All the best DS...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I honesty dont mean this as a ctiticism but do you see that you have picked up bigoted language (whether you meant to or not) and continue to use it. I assume you and your mates didnt invent the use of the term diet hun and as you say you have seen it used elsewhere.

I hope you can see from my explanation about the context of the use of the word that its not used to describe Rangers but linked to people who are protestant or in favour of the union. Id never criticise somebody unless they know better. You now know better I hope.

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

I honesty dont mean this as a ctiticism but do you see that you have picked up bigoted language (whether you meant to or not) and continue to use it. I assume you and your mates didnt invent the use of the term diet hun and as you say you have seen it used elsewhere.

I hope you can see from my explanation about the context of the use of the word that its not used to describe Rangers but linked to people who are protestant or in favour of the union. Id never criticise somebody unless they know better. You now know better I hope.

Oh dear..

6 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

What did I say that was bigoted?

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

The away support of Rangers 1872 were described as 'marauding huns' by a journalist any moons ago.

It stuck, and since the same set of 'fans' who supported the dead club now support Sevco, they too, are 'huns'.

ALL SEVCONIANS ARE PROTESTANT UNIONISTS, BUT NOT ALL PROTESTANT UNIONISTS ARE HUNS.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

You talk some amount of pish but this is on a new level. 

54 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The away support of Rangers 1872 were described as 'marauding huns' by a journalist any moons ago.

It stuck, and since the same set of 'fans' who supported the dead club now support Sevco, they too, are 'huns'.

ALL SEVCONIANS ARE PROTESTANT UNIONISTS, BUT NOT ALL PROTESTANT UNIONISTS ARE HUNS.

Yeah but that position only works when you arent describing Hearts as Huns.

Had this argument before…. Hun,Tim, prod, fenian.  What’s considered sectarian and what’s not. A lot of Celtic fans think they make up the rules on this, a bit like that mob nil by mouth. Pick and choose.

It’s like I used the term “southern Ireland” on here… everyone gets their knickers in a twist.  I use the terms Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland quite happily.

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are you writing a book by chance? Asking for a mate...

Nope. I just struggle to get my head around why grown adults would choose to use bigoted language and always interested to hear their attempts at justifying.

23 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Can you offer an explanation of the use of the word hun to describe both Rangers and Hearts?

From memory this is your 4th attempt to demonise the word 'hun.' You've put so much more effort into it than actual huns 😂

Just now, slasher said:

From memory this is your 4th attempt to demonise the word 'hun.' You've put so much more effort into it than actual huns 😂

You have a better memory than me. Any previous discussions have been around people using the word hun in reference to Rangers. Theres a postion (not one I agree with) but a position to be forwarded in defence of that however my interest tonight was about the use of the word hun to refer to Hearts.

I cant for the life of me get my head around how the use of a word which is apparently about Rangers can then be justified when refering to a completely different team, in a different city with no actual connection to Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

You have a better memory than me. Any previous discussions have been around people using the word hun in reference to Rangers. Theres a postion (not one I agree with) but a position to be forwarded in defence of that however my interest tonight was about the use of the word hun to refer to Hearts.

I cant for the life of me get my head around how the use of a word which is apparently about Rangers can then be justified when refering to a completely different team, in a different city with no actual connection to Rangers. 

You're either thick as fuck (which you're definitely not) or you have an agenda. 

Hearts fans are not 'huns'. 

Airdrie fans are not 'huns'. 

Rangers fans are 'huns'. 

Hearts fans are regularly described as 'Diet Huns' by fans of several clubs as they observe many of the traits of the Rangers club. 

Airdrieonians fans have never in all my years of living in the shire been described as huns. They have been described as 'worse than huns' if that helps. 

HH

1 minute ago, slasher said:

You're either thick as fuck (which you're definitely not) or you have an agenda. 

Hearts fans are not 'huns'. 

Airdrie fans are not 'huns'. 

Rangers fans are 'huns'. 

Hearts fans are regularly described as 'Diet Huns' by fans of several clubs as they observe many of the traits of the Rangers club. 

Airdrieonians fans have never in all my years of living in the shire been described as huns. They have been described as 'worse than huns' if that helps. 

HH

The only agenda I have is seeing the harm bigotry and its association with football in particular has on society. Spend some time in Glasgow sheriff court and cases are full of needless violence, often sparked by or escalated by bigotry. Its so engrained into west coast society that even intelligent normal people get blinded by its effects.

Hearts share many of the traits of Rangers? I dont even know what that means if its not that their support is mainly pro union / protestant. (And vocally scummy) Are linfield also Huns or Hun light etc. If so it makes a mockery of the suggestion that its to with Rangers and more to do with certain traits associated with agrressive unionist protestants.

I dont intend to go round in circles though. My question to Ramy was specifically about his use in connection to Hearts. His reply that he was Celtic through and through probably said more about the deeper problems in society than I could ever elocute.

And for the avoidance of doubt in case you think im having a go at Celtic, I equally despise the use of any bigoted term used to describe Catholics given that I married one and have christened my son as a one.