The Mighty Celtic... - Page 209 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

you've read it wrong - its concerns re both sets of fans failing to observe the restrictions. Whereas Rangers fans at the weekend have been the worst culprits by far, Celtic fans have also elected in the past to break restrictions to suit their cause. So the SG have warned both clubs/sets of fans that if they think that the restrictions will not be observed, then the game will be cancelled. 

As for Rangers fans intent on "causing trouble" as opposed to possibly gathering, that's all in your head I reckon - unless you have a link to something that would confirm that? 

Naw mate, thanks for the info. I just read on a Celtic site that rangers fans were going to Parkhead to cause bother, and that the Celtic "hard men", as it said, were going to stop it. Probably just paper talk..  I totally agree with the covid reasons. It could end up being a disaster, on BOTH sides, after last week.. 👍👍

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So the Celtic vs huns match could be postponed because fear of huns showing up at Celtic Park to cause trouble? Is this true what I am reading? I see there are fences all round the stadium at Parkhead. What is the name of fuck is wrong with people.....

Fear of both sets of fans turning up Ramy but I wouldn’t have expected you to have read it properly. 

59 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Naw mate, thanks for the info. I just read on a Celtic site that rangers fans were going to Parkhead to cause bother, and that the Celtic "hard men", as it said, were going to stop it. Probably just paper talk..  I totally agree with the covid reasons. It could end up being a disaster, on BOTH sides, after last week.. 👍👍

The only thing I've seen about gathering is from Celtic fans online to "protect the club". Other than a few Celtic fans and maybe a few rangers fans to set off fireworks or something show up.

There is absolutely no meaning or reason to show up on the 21st. If the league decider was that day, then it would be an absolute shit show.

11 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

The only thing I've seen about gathering is from Celtic fans online to "protect the club". Other than a few Celtic fans and maybe a few rangers fans to set off fireworks or something show up.

There is absolutely no meaning or reason to show up on the 21st. If the league decider was that day, then it would be an absolute shit show.

Totally agree...

4 hours ago, slasher said:

A very happy 80th birthday to the great John Clark, part of the greatest club side this country has ever seen! 🍀

Well said Slasher. I posted that on my FB page. Legend.. Also God Bless wee Jinky. Gone 15 year ago today...

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well said Slasher. I posted that on my FB page. Legend.. Also God Bless wee Jinky. Gone 15 year ago today...

I don't know much about John Clark tbh.  But wee Jinky was amazing.  I always remember my grandad telling me about Jinkiy training with a tennis ball around milk bottlels.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why not?

Well to be fair, I dont know alot about the lad. But, he did bring Sheffield United up, albeit a shite season this term. He likes drilling his players and likes to play 3 at the back which would suit us. I dont know V, so many fuckin rumours is doing ma head in...

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just reading up on Wilder. He has certainly been around as a player and a manager. Maybe not a bad shout after all...

If you get Chris Wilder you'll win the SPL next season.

Sheffield United sacking him is a mistake.  He's been hampered by injuries to his best players, bad luck, not getting his number one signing targets... and then there was the thing about the billionaire owner not upgrading the training ground. 

He would've taken them up last season.

Don’t be fooled by Sheffield United’s season. Wilder is a top manager and better than any of the names I’ve seen linked with the job. A couple of poor signings this season that people will point to and say he had the Prince’s backing but he didn’t. He knew what needed to be done but he wasn’t supported and that’s why he left. He’d have brought them back up next season no problem.

I’ve heard Celtic, Newcastle and also that he has a lot of contacts in America but he’s too young and too good to go to America just now. Celtic would be perfect for him Ramy and I’m sure he’d stop Rangers in their tracks.

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Don’t be fooled by Sheffield United’s season. Wilder is a top manager and better than any of the names I’ve seen linked with the job. A couple of poor signings this season that people will point to and say he had the Prince’s backing but he didn’t. He knew what needed to be done but he wasn’t supported and that’s why he left. He’d have brought them back up next season no problem.

I’ve heard Celtic, Newcastle and also that he has a lot of contacts in America but he’s too young and too good to go to America just now. Celtic would be perfect for him Ramy and I’m sure he’d stop Rangers in their tracks.

Nice one TT. I'm starting to  this fella. 

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Nice one TT. I'm starting to  this fella. 

Just read it back. Might have over egged it a bit saying he’d stop Rangers in their tracks. I shouldn’t really have mentioned Rangers, it’s more about what he could do for Celtic. I think he’d be very good for you.

11 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Just read it back. Might have over egged it a bit saying he’d stop Rangers in their tracks. I shouldn’t really have mentioned Rangers, it’s more about what he could do for Celtic. I think he’d be very good for you.

No bother mate, I get what you on about.. If the huns have a challenge, they will buckle, trust me..😉💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿