The Mighty Celtic... - Page 159 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Sad to hear of the passing of of Dr Jo Venglos. A man highly regarded in the wider football world, he managed several clubs and 5 nations before coming to Celtic. He was a doctor of psychology and physical education and could speak several languages and of course brought Lubo to Glasgow. 

.... and yet the man was shamefully treated by the Scottish media. Mocked for his accent and his command of English. Sadly some of the fuckin clowns responsible are still given a platform to spout their pish. 

RIP Dr Jo, a gentleman and a scholar! 👏

Frimpong looking like he will transfer.

Realistically will be followed by Edourd, Ncham and Ayer by the summer. Loan signings will go back to clubs obviously.

Celtic team likely to look very different next year. 

Realistically a new GK, right and left back, centre half, left mid, centre mid and striker will be required.

I think the likes of Jullien, Christie and McGreggor will stay.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Sad to hear of the passing of of Dr Jo Venglos. A man highly regarded in the wider football world, he managed several clubs and 5 nations before coming to Celtic. He was a doctor of psychology and physical education and could speak several languages and of course brought Lubo to Glasgow. 

.... and yet the man was shamefully treated by the Scottish media. Mocked for his accent and his command of English. Sadly some of the fuckin clowns responsible are still given a platform to spout their pish. 

👍

On 1/27/2021 at 7:41 AM, slasher said:

Great post Slasher. RIP Dr.Jo

Ramy, what players do you think will leave in the summer and what positions do you think Celtic will need to buy in?

Any confidence the deals will be in place and players up to speed by the champ league qualifiers?

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ramy, what players do you think will leave in the summer and what positions do you think Celtic will need to buy in?

Any confidence the deals will be in place and players up to speed by the champ league qualifiers?

Duffy, Edouard, Rognic, for sure. Problem is, are they playing for Lennon or not? Some of these players may have a change of heart if new management comes in. It's to much of a mess just now to name players who will leave. Edouard is a wanted man, he will defo be gone as is Rognic. Duffy is just not good enough.. Be interesting to see what happens with Scott Brown, as Soro is a much  better option as Brown is getting to old. Turnbull and Soro play well together, only problem is Lennon keeps changing it around, though I cant see Lennon staying much longer. Glad Lawell is gone. I would punt Klimala as well. We better hold on to Griff, I still say when he is on his game, he is better than Eduoard..

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

The CL qualifiers are very far away for Celtic yet

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

The CL qualifiers are very far away for Celtic yet

I only mention them as imo its been a failing of Celtic in recent years. They delay getting thekr targets in and then they arent match fit for the qualifiers.

11 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I only mention them as imo its been a failing of Celtic in recent years. They delay getting thekr targets in and then they arent match fit for the qualifiers.

I only mention it as they’re a long way away from qualifying for the qualifiers, never mind their target of the group stages. 

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I only mention it as they’re a long way away from qualifying for the qualifiers, never mind their target of the group stages. 

As bad a Celtic are this season I cant see anybody beating them to 2nd. Aberdeen have went off the rails big time and Hibs are too far behind.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:55 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Frimpong

Celtic have won a watch there.  £11.5m?    Half of that would be hand-biting material.     This gives hope for young, decent Scottish players getting a move.   Probably not to Germany as they'll ban Scotland imports after this robbery. 

I've watched gash players in my days but at least they've beaten a man a few times and got the ball into the box.   Frimpong couldn't beat a goldfish.   If he's been signed for running the ball out of play and injuring himself, fair enough.  

10 hours ago, OLAS said:

Celtic have won a watch there.  £11.5m?    Half of that would be hand-biting material.     This gives hope for young, decent Scottish players getting a move.   Probably not to Germany as they'll ban Scotland imports after this robbery. 

I've watched gash players in my days but at least they've beaten a man a few times and got the ball into the box.   Frimpong couldn't beat a goldfish.   If he's been signed for running the ball out of play and injuring himself, fair enough.  

I suspect John 'Yogi' Hughes will breath a slight of relief as he wont have to try and pronounce 'Frimpong' correctly during interviews. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

How must that man feel after everything he has given to Celtic.  Pathetic from the greatest fans in the world.  Should be ashamed.

Outgoing Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell targeted with posters at Parkhead as Green Brigade fire parting shot (thescottishsun.co.uk)

What is your obsession with Celtic?? Should you not be on FF???