The Mighty Celtic... - Page 144 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Don’t normally bother with Old Firm games, but off today and just watched Saturdays game.

Gerrard played his tactics to perfection, he played it like an away European game, stayed solid, kept possession well, hit on the break and were in complete control of the game from start to finish.

Celtic were utterly woeful, bookies now rightly so have Rangers favourites  to win the league, but I wouldn’t write them off quite yet, Celtic are more than capable of blowing teams away and getting on a run.

I can’t call it ( or care to be honest 😊)

10 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Don’t normally bother with Old Firm games, but off today and just watched Saturdays game.

Gerrard played his tactics to perfection, he played it like an away European game, stayed solid, kept possession well, hit on the break and were in complete control of the game from start to finish.

Celtic were utterly woeful, bookies now rightly so have Rangers favourites  to win the league, but I wouldn’t write them off quite yet, Celtic are more than capable of blowing teams away and getting on a run.

I can’t call it ( or care to be honest 😊)

You can't call it or care??  Then why watch the game and post ya loony tune 😀

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Theye should be looking at their balloon knot manager. They didnt have a problem with international call ups when they strolled to 9 in a row but now they do.

Morons

I've always found it very curious that it is always Scotland they complain about when it comes to international call ups but never any other nation .....

Martin O'Neill never complained when Bobo Balde went away half way through a season to play in the ACN and was always touting Alan Thompson and Chris Sutton for England. Yet whenever Berti Vogts named his Scotland squad, O'Neill always began moaning like a wee bitch about his players being called up for Scotland. Interesting.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

So, who's the next Celtic manager going to be then ?

They won't sack him yet......... but, if they did Lawell likes Jack Ross and Dermot now knows you get what you pay for 🤷‍♂️

Personally I want a progressive coach, someone young and hungry with a vision for a club with our possibilities. 10 in a row has been holding this club back for at least 3 years. The sooner its over the better. 

Don't get me wrong, I still want to win the league but we've gone backwards at an alarming rate in pursuit of it. 

26 minutes ago, slasher said:

They won't sack him yet......... but, if they did Lawell likes Jack Ross and Dermot now knows you get what you pay for 🤷‍♂️

Personally I want a progressive coach, someone young and hungry with a vision for a club with our possibilities. 10 in a row has been holding this club back for at least 3 years. The sooner its over the better. 

Don't get me wrong, I still want to win the league but we've gone backwards at an alarming rate in pursuit of it. 

We have no chance of winning the league this season with that idiot in charge..

Martin O'Neill until the end of the season ?

Eddie Howe is being mentioned by a lot of Celtic fans online but I suspect he'd prefer to wait until the right job comes up in the English Premier League.

I hope they leave Jack Ross where he is to continue improving Hibs and the young Scottish players there. 

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We have no chance of winning the league this season with that idiot in charge..

Too far m8. He's out his depth but I totally blame the board, Lawell particularly. He's been allowed to pick 3 managers, Lennon twice and Deila. 

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Too far m8. He's out his depth but I totally blame the board, Lawell particularly. He's been allowed to pick 3 managers, Lennon twice and Deila. 

Good point Slasher. I love Lennon's passion for the club, but like you said, we are going backwards. Frusrating thing is we have talent, and it is wasted... When is Turnbull gonnae get a run? I could go on, but hey ho, that's football mate...

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good point Slasher. I love Lennon's passion for the club, but like you said, we are going backwards. Frusrating thing is we have talent, and it is wasted... When is Turnbull gonnae get a run? I could go on, but hey ho, that's football mate...

Tonight was ridiculous. He knew they were going to play 3 at the back but we set up to totally suit them. Finally he makes the change but El Hamed forgets he's playing in a 3 and goes 60 fuckin yards out of position. It's bad coaching and he has no one of any experience to point out the obvious around him 🙈

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Martin O'Neill until the end of the season ?

Eddie Howe is being mentioned by a lot of Celtic fans online but I suspect he'd prefer to wait until the right job comes up in the English Premier League.

I hope they leave Jack Ross where he is to continue improving Hibs and the young Scottish players there. 

Would oneil take keane? That would at least be entertatining.

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Would oneil take keane? That would at least be entertatining.

That would be brilliant. It would only last a few months before it inevitably ended in tears but it would provide plentiful laughs.

During his wee spell at Celtic at the end of his career, despite the Parkhead PR saying it was Keane's "dream move" to "the club he has always loved and supported" - he looked like he was hating every minute of it and regretted signing for them.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That would be brilliant. It would only last a few months before it inevitably ended in tears but it would provide plentiful laughs.

During his wee spell at Celtic at the end of his career, despite the Parkhead PR saying it was Keane's "dream move" to "the club he has always loved and supported" - he looked like he was hating every minute of it and regretted signing for them.

Keane in an arshole

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Never liked him and did not like when he came to Celtic for a payoff. If he loved Celtic so much why wait all those years to sign? Arrogant prick..

He certainly is arrogant, but in my opinion that is what made a a great and feared player.  A bit like Brown and John Greig.  I met Greig twice and found him to be an arrogant b.  But they were great players.  I would doubt very much Ramy that he came to Celtic for a pay off though.  The man was a millionaire already.

What in the name of fuck does David Turnbull have to do to get a start.. This is beyond comical now. Brown is the captain, be has no capability of going forward. Turnbull does... It's been like this for ages. I feel for Turnbull, I really do. Fuckin Lennon again.. Griff better get a run today at some point also or that's me gonnae lose it...   Stand on....

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What in the name of fuck does David Turnbull have to do to get a start.. This is beyond comical now. Brown is the captain, be has no capability of going forward. Turnbull does... It's been like this for ages. I feel for Turnbull, I really do. Fuckin Lennon again.. Griff better get a run today at some point also or that's me gonnae lose it...   Stand on....

I would actually start Griffiths today.  Would bring a different dimension.  Stay bye!!

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Between Turnbull, Duffy and the Greek keeper that’s close to 10M worth of this seasons signings that can’t make the start XI. For a few years Celtic’s recruitment was excellent but you have to winder who is calling the shots now.