The Mighty Celtic... - Page 115 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Just bought a treadmill a kettler one from John Lewis as going to gyms at the minute is shite the one I go to your only allowed to visit 3 times a week and only a 45 minute visit also there could be another lockdown in the autumn winter time they get good reviews them kettler treadmills anyone had one ? 

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No problem. 

Incase you’re needing to wash the car and cant be arsed, so buy a new one instead, I’d recommend a Corsa. I’ve had mine 4 years now and just found out the other week that there’s a pump in the boot. Comes with the adaptor for tyres (obviously) but also with an attachment for blowing up footballs. Been a game changer in my life, but now all the kids in my team are moaning that the balls are about 40 psi, but by fuck, it’s toughened them up a bit. 

I learned to drive in a first generation Corsa - a traumatic experience that left me with a grudge against them that I bear to this day. :lol:

My mum bought one a couple of years ago though, and to be fair the new models have a lot of mod cons as standard. Sturdy cars. The Ford Fiesta is probably the best car of that type though.

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I know someone who bought one of them new minis and to my surprise they don’t come with a spare tire just a stupid wee can of foam. Is this the norm now.

Aye, I don't think spare tyres are standard in cars now.  If it's something vaguely sporty manufacturers often leave them out to keep the weight down.

I had a Mini once and loved it. Best car I've ever owned. Ideal for driving around the city because of its size but it felt like you were in a much bigger car when you were on the motorway.

Personally if you are going to spend big on something decent I’d probably go for a decent rowing machine than a treadmill. Better overall workout and a lot less impact on your joints. I.e it Is much harder to smoke one while rowing than running.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I dreamed of owning the 1275GT MINI. It was on rails. Pretty sure it came with a spare tire. The new thing is a heavy arsed tank in comparison. Can o foam, fuck off.

My wee brother had one like that, but he destroyed it, think its buried in a field in Perthshire 😂

Ive never had an expensive car, but have had many cars, strangely my favourite was a 3 door Fiat Stilo, crazy power, and handled like a Go Kart, absolutely brilliant to drive, or an Alfa GT, but never take it to a mechanic, every bill made me cry, and there were many bills.

Personally if you are going to spend big on something decent I’d probably go for a decent rowing machine than a treadmill. Better overall workout and a lot less impact on your joints. I.e it Is much harder to smoke one while rowing than running.

See what you mean cross trainers they’re also low impact on the joints as well 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Mon the minis ! Great cars. No idea if mine has a spare wheel or not I have only just discovered the night driving switch. 

Anyway here are 83 recipes for a nice Sunday roast. 

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/collections/roast-recipes/

Roast sea bass, now as nice as it sounds and looks, you cant include that as a Sunday roast, thats just not on.

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I dreamed of owning the 1275GT MINI. It was on rails. Pretty sure it came with a spare tire. The new thing is a heavy arsed tank in comparison. Can o foam, fuck off.

Those were cool wee cars. 

Mini brought out a 'new' limited edition version a couple of years ago. Not dead fast (compared to the Cooper S) but it looked great.

I don’t want to take the thread off topic but I’m  not a fan of Karcher kit In general after buying one of their steam cleaners. Seriously what in the name of fuck do they actually do. (Apart from generate steam.)

Can you use it to steam the sea bass instead of roasting it?

Edited by kumnio

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Mon the minis ! Great cars. No idea if mine has a spare wheel or not I have only just discovered the night driving switch. 

Anyway here are 83 recipes for a nice Sunday roast. 

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/collections/roast-recipes/

Thanks for that, but just ordered a Chinese. House just been cleaned from yesterday’s shenanigans, so we can’t be bothered with cooking again. 

Will have a look for next week though 👍🏽

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Those were cool wee cars. 

Mini brought out a 'new' limited edition version a couple of years ago. Not dead fast (compared to the Cooper S) but it looked great.

Worst thing I find about a mini is the Union Jack shapes they have on the rear lights. 

Can you buy a kit that would change those over, or is just a small sacrifice that you have to make?

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Can you use it to steam the sea bass instead of roasting it?

You most certainly can. Very healthy,  unless thplinth has just steamed his carpet with said steam.
Here is nutritional content . 

E97494D9-93A9-4128-A003-C98118C84303.thumb.png.e0c1ecf1da4b4e6e7037ee0c322c0aa6.png

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Thanks for that, but just ordered a Chinese. House just been cleaned from yesterday’s shenanigans, so we can’t be bothered with cooking again. 

Will have a look for next week though 👍🏽

Do you steam clean the house with a karcher ?