The Mighty Celtic... - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

We can realistically aspire to be at least as good as Salzburg in the near future. Investment is needed though, get the fuck on with it! 👊

Regardless of Rosenberg's heroics we'll struggle to go much further.  🙁

We are punching. Anyhow, quite happy to go into last 32. Won't write us off until I see who we get. Anyway you look at it, it's good experience. Some quality football sides left. 

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We are punching. Anyhow, quite happy to go into last 32. Won't write us off until I see who we get. Anyway you look at it, it's good experience. Some quality football sides left. 

Punching?

im sure somebody’s done the maths, but I’d say you’re about par (maybe a couple over?)  just now.

Is there loads of other teams that get 60,000 at home games gone out tonight?

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Punching?

im sure somebody’s done the maths, but I’d say you’re about par (maybe a couple over?)  just now.

Is there loads of other teams that get 60,000 at home games gone out tonight?

You think we should be strolling it in a group with Salzburg and Leipzig then?

32 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Who cares what the likes of him think, we're through. He continually proves he's a fuckin fandan on here with the shite he posts! 😂

On 12/11/2018 at 9:49 AM, faircity said:

We were woeful last night, absolutely woeful, some truly horrendous individual performances. How Simunovic starts ahead of Ajer is an absolute mystery, when Edouard is bad he is appalling and it might have been Rogics worst performance since joining the club, so fortunate to get through but sometimes you need a helping hand. First time I've ever been in a situation inside a stadium dependant on another game finishing to progress, very weird position to be in.

As for the next round, Zagreb, Villarreal, Genk or Benfica would be our best bet to even have a small chance of the last 16, a decent draw is more important than any glamour tie pish.

10 minutes ago, Mox said:

First time I've ever been in a situation inside a stadium dependant on another game finishing to progress, very weird position to be in.

We had it a few years back in the Champions League when Barcelona played a reserve side v Benfica and we were at home to Spartak. A goal for either Spartak v us, or a Benfica goal would have had us on our arses.

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Probably wasn’t my best thought out post, but would imagine Salzburg have similar resources to Celtic.

3 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Course we should. Look at the size of their stadiums FFS! 

:lol:

obviously there’s a bit more to it.

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Who cares what the likes of him think, we're through. He continually proves he's a fuckin fandan on here with the shite he posts! 😂

Away and shite!

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Probably wasn’t my best thought out post, but would imagine Salzburg have similar resources to Celtic.

:lol:

obviously there’s a bit more to it.

Away and shite!

I'd say that was a pretty tough group for us and I'm surprised we qualified if I'm honest. Very pleased although I would have liked it to have been because we won ourselves last night.