The Mighty Celtic... - Page 259 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

47 minutes ago, scotlad said:

👍

My great-uncle fought in WW2 - a massive Celtic fan and the first of his family to be born in Scotland to Irish Catholic parents.  There must have been thousands like him and, tragically, some who never came back.

When I think about that it makes those modern day Celtic fans who have decided Remembrance Sunday is another "ooh ah, up the 'ra" opportunity, or the daft wee bluenoses who have turned it into "Rule Britannia!! GIRFUY Timmy!" look ridiculous.  

👍

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59324128

Just reading this, seems the Celtic board are as deluded as some of their fans...

In January, Celtic were forced to play second-string teams in two games after a Covid outbreak in the squad on a training camp in Dubai.

Asked if the club had been treated fairly by the authorities, Bankier replied: "We were astonishingly treated by the Scottish government. We were the only employer in Scotland to be given sanctions for an employee breaching rules."

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good luck to Ange and the Bhoys tonight v the diet huns..🤟🤟🤟

Well they scraped through.  However, the match should have been abandoned as a Hearts player was assaulted with a missile thrown from the crowd at a corner.  This happened more than once. Hearts Should have walked off the park.  Nobody should go to their work fearing assault. I hope the sfa will look at this and consider docking points from offending teams.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:00 AM, Malcolm said:

Well they scraped through.  However, the match should have been abandoned as a Hearts player was assaulted with a missile thrown from the crowd at a corner.  This happened more than once. Hearts Should have walked off the park.  Nobody should go to their work fearing assault. I hope the sfa will look at this and consider docking points from offending teams.

What's your reaction to the huns mocking the death of Tommy Burns two away games in a row ya wee gimp? 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

What's your reaction to the huns mocking the death of Tommy Burns two away games in a row ya wee gimp? 

“Ya wee gimp?”……..     someone not get his coco pops this morning?  Your reaction to a perfectly reasonable post marks you out as an idiot with limited vocabulary.  Also sectarian language like this should see you banned from this board.

I hadn’t heard anything about rangers fans mocking tommy burns, but if they did, of course, that is deplorable and should be condemned. 

23 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

“Ya wee gimp?”……..     someone not get his coco pops this morning?  Your reaction to a perfectly reasonable post marks you out as an idiot with limited vocabulary.  Also sectarian language like this should see you banned from this board.

I hadn’t heard anything about rangers fans mocking tommy burns, but if they did, of course, that is deplorable and should be condemned. 

What sectarian language ya wee gimp? 

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

You might find people engage with you if you didn’t behave like a 10 year old.

This is Malcolm everyone. Malcolm is a wee hun gimp but he's trying really hard to disguise it, but failing. 

Don't be like Malcolm. Own your own shite 👍

8 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I still can't believe the  word hun has made it on to the naughty list. It has no sectarian connotations at all but I guess the old "say something often enough it becomes reality" applies here.

The word hun was used to describe a rangers fan not a protestant. I'm protestant by the way, the word doesn't offend me in the slightest.

Out with a few rangers supporting dafties I don't know a single football fan who thinks the word hun is sectarian.....except you of course....a hearts fan. Aye right 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I still can't believe the  word hun has made it on to the naughty list. It has no sectarian connotations at all but I guess the old "say something often enough it becomes reality" applies here.

The word hun was used to describe a rangers fan not a protestant. I'm protestant by the way, the word doesn't offend me in the slightest.

Out with a few rangers supporting dafties I don't know a single football fan who thinks the word hun is sectarian.....except you of course....a hearts fan. Aye right 🤣🤣🤣🤣

personally, it doesn’t bother me one way or the other, but I note that nil by mouth are now recognising it as sectarian.  So what counts as sectarian seems to be up for debate…. Orange, Tim, fenian, hun, prod….  All seem to have been considered so.  I think context contributes a great deal.

You are right, I am a Hearts fan…. But if it came down to it and rangers were playing Celtic and the result had no impact on hearts I would want rangers to win.

11 hours ago, slasher said:

This is Malcolm everyone. Malcolm is a wee hun gimp but he's trying really hard to disguise it, but failing. 

Don't be like Malcolm. Own your own shite 👍

This is Slasher everyone.  Slasher is a Celtic fan, trying really hard to be clever, but failing. Don’t be like Slasher.  Try and engage in reasoned debate.