The Mighty Celtic... - Page 240 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Here...

On 7/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, Scotty CTA said:

The 'late' appointment of Poste could see a poor European campaign have him in a hole with the fans that he won't ever be able to get out of.

Aberdeen in a somewhat similar situation with Glass if Dons don't negotiate the first round.

Then I elaborated...

On 7/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Of course, however, if it's deemed that he himself isn't up to the Celtic job, and/or his signings flop, then the allowances shown will diminish.

Football fans of big clubs are notoriously impatient, and any grace given to Poste's late appointment will soon disappear upon consecutive bad results. 

I stand by both posts.

https://www.celticway.co.uk/opinion/19458710.celtic-look-south-american-transfer-gold-mine-young-hungry-players/

Very good article here by my mate Seba from Argentina. Technically you could apply what he is saying to any club from here with a reasonable transfer budget but he is a Celtic fan and the outlet he wrote it for is clearly a Celtic fan site. Just thought Ramy or some of the other Celtic fans on here may want to read it. As I said it is good work and makes sense.

4 hours ago, morrie21 said:

https://www.celticway.co.uk/opinion/19458710.celtic-look-south-american-transfer-gold-mine-young-hungry-players/

Very good article here by my mate Seba from Argentina. Technically you could apply what he is saying to any club from here with a reasonable transfer budget but he is a Celtic fan and the outlet he wrote it for is clearly a Celtic fan site. Just thought Ramy or some of the other Celtic fans on here may want to read it. As I said it is good work and makes sense.

Work permits would be the major stumbling block with this idea.

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Barkas just well may be the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen in a Celtic top.. Dear God he is a bomb scare....

Well he does have the worst defence we've had in 130 years in front of him 🤔

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Griffiths booed by the Celtic support after coming on. Would assume he’ll be away before the window closes. 

He can suck it up or fuck off as far as I'm concerned. 

52 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

"Ange Postecoglou finally got the chance to see the true extent of the rebuild job he faces at this afternoon as Celtic were embarrassed 6-2 by a West Ham side who recently drew 2-2 with Dundee."

Aye ok Graeme Leggat.. Thanks for the update...

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Well he does have the worst defence we've had in 130 years in front of him 🤔

He can suck it up or fuck off as far as I'm concerned. 

2 things. Barkas couldnae stop a fuckin beachball in a phone box.. His confidence is completely shot, or he is just plain shite...

Griff was not booed by all the support, he did get cheered everytime he took a corner... 

3. We will win the league, and Ange will become a legend "IF" the board back him...

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

2 things. Barkas couldnae stop a fuckin beachball in a phone box.. His confidence is completely shot, or he is just plain shite...

Griff was not booed by all the support, he did get cheered everytime he took a corner... 

3. We will win the league, and Ange will become a legend "IF" the board back him...

3 things. (1) Barkas' confidence is shot to pieces. Probably because Lennon dumped him at the first sign of trouble. He deserves a 2nd chance imo and if he's not up to it he's better than Bain who is fuckin hopeless. 

(2) I couldn't give a fuck about Griffiths. He's a selfish, unprofessional wank stain who deserves everything he gets. We've got bigger problems than him anyway. 

(3) It's highly unlikely we will win the league. Ange may well be a very good coach but he's not a miracle worker. The problems we have are not going to be fixed in 1 or 2 transfer windows. 

1 hour ago, dipped flake said:

How much did they pay for Barkas? Meanwhile Hearts get the best goalie in Scotland from them for nowt. Thanks 😊😊

Craig Gordon is not the best keeper in Scotland but I take your point 👍

I am looking forward to Celtic winning the league this season. I will post a pic of me with a cigar in ma gub, a wee dram of Oban, with ma feet up, laughing at awe you fuckers.. In Ange we trust, you big sexy Greek Austraiian bastard....💪💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇷🇬🇷🇭🇲🇭🇲🙂🙂🙂🍺🍺🍺

Theres a real chance Celtic will finish closer to Aberdeen than Rangers this season.

Their team now will look nothing like their team at end of the window. Id imagine at least 6 or 7, 1st team players will come in. The problem for Celtic is that by then its likely they will be out of the champs league, possibly europa league and playing catch up in the league.

The only positive could be that if they dont to the Europa conference which I believe is possible, they will be one of the favourites to win it.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Theres a real chance Celtic will finish closer to Aberdeen than Rangers this season.

Their team now will look nothing like their team at end of the window. Id imagine at least 6 or 7, 1st team players will come in. The problem for Celtic is that by then its likely they will be out of the champs league, possibly europa league and playing catch up in the league.

The only positive could be that if they dont to the Europa conference which I believe is possible, they will be one of the favourites to win it.

Aberdeen gonnae finish 2nd behind us then aye?