The Mighty Celtic... - Page 230 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

On 6/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, Fairbairn said:

Fergal Harkin, Celtic's apparent preferred candidate for Director of Football has opted to stay at Man City.  Shaun Maloney now appears to be the favourite for the role.  In a season of transition that's a helluva gamble.

Maloney always impresses me as a pundit, definitely has a view on the game but taking on a new - an inexperienced DoF, at the same time as a new and inexperienced - at least as far as football is concerned - CEO and a new manager does look like a gamble.

I tried to get a table in Glasgows plush seafood restaurant Gamba. The waiting staff welcomed me warmly and told me to wait whilst they checked to see if they had an opening for me......

3 months later they came back and said there was nothing doing. On the way home I went to the Spice of Kashmir and picked up a kebab. I was violently ill a few hours later. 

The end. 

On 6/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, Fairbairn said:

Fergal Harkin, Celtic's apparent preferred candidate for Director of Football has opted to stay at Man City.  

I'd been wondering what he was up to these days.  I knew he was a cracking singer but I didn't realise he knew so much about football too.

46 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I'd been wondering what he was up to these days.  I knew he was a cracking singer but I didn't realise he knew so much about football too.

Aye if its no Fergus it is shaun. No bias there then. It is all on the Rangers. Big bad wolves. Good job we are not chasing Billy. Board would go in to lockdown.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

A good director of football, these days, is hard to find..... 

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye if its no Fergus it is shaun. No bias there then. It is all on the Rangers. Big bad wolves. Good job we are not chasing Billy. Board would go in to lockdown.

Are you suggesting Celtic are only interested in these guys because they have names which you associate to be "Celtic minded"? If you are I think that's incredibly childish tbh, Also, I hate myself for even indulging you.

9 hours ago, dj mick said:

Are you suggesting Celtic are only interested in these guys because they have names which you associate to be "Celtic minded"? If you are I think that's incredibly childish tbh, Also, I hate myself for even indulging you.

Ach, take a joke man.  I would be saying the same if Rangers went for Billy King as Director of Football.  It's called banter.  And if I were Celtic I would get Sean Maloney involved right away.  Always liked him as a player.

21 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ach, take a joke man.  I would be saying the same if Rangers went for Billy King as Director of Football.  It's called banter.  And if I were Celtic I would get Sean Maloney involved right away.  Always liked him as a player.

Or a player maybe 🤔

I agree with Neil Lennon here. There seems to be a new breed of Celtic fan who just want to protest about whatever comes up their humf.  And is right, they do give the club a bad name.  Maybe time time for the majority of decent fans to call them out and get them to actually support the club when it going through tough changes.

Neil Lennon blasts Celtic fans 'giving club a bad name' as he insists he's no managerial dinosaur - Daily Record

I swear, I have never heard of this lad, but I will get behind him. It will either be a disaster, or this cnut may do the business. All I know is this. If a manager that watches "Skippy The Kangaroo" manages to win the title back aff Slippy G, you will never hear the end of it....🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

12 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I swear, I have never heard of this lad, but I will get behind him. It will either be a disaster, or this cnut may do the business. All I know is this. If a manager that watches "Skippy The Kangaroo" manages to win the title back aff Slippy G, you will never hear the end of it....🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

Its the unknown Ramy. At least everyone knew Gerrard and his name alone can attract top players. But looks like he is coming so guid luck 👍

6 hours ago, slasher said:

So, some big mad mental Aussie cunt confirmed as the new Sellick manager. 

Gonnae be some laugh this! 🤣

I just watched his interview Slasher, I think I am more intrigued than worried at the moment.. I actually like his philosophy. Time will tell. I am behind him... HH COYBIG !!!!!!!

6 hours ago, slasher said:

So, some big mad mental Aussie cunt confirmed as the new Sellick manager. 

Gonnae be some laugh this! 🤣

He's actually Greek, born in Athens.  Yes, he's Athenian.

I'll get my coat.