The Mighty Celtic... - Page 219 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

39 minutes ago, Montrose97 said:

The worry for me is that there are some important players for Scotland here - Christie in particular, but also McGregor, Forrest, Turnbull (if he had been playng in a decent side) and even Griffiths (imagine if he had had a decent season) - who must be effected after the calamitous season Celtic have had. Maybe fitball players can shrug these things off, hope so.

Christie is a better player through the middle but he has been brutal for months. I'd give Turnbull and Forrest the benefit of the doubt but McGregor has largely escaped an abysmal season without criticism. His decision making has been appalling. On current form none of them should start in dark blue. 

9 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I see Kennedy complaining about the 1st yellow. On first view I wasnt sure as I thought Kent had just nutmegged him and then run into McGreggor however the replay shows McGreggor swiping his foot away. Middle of the park, attacking the back line. Booking all day long.

McGreggors decision making on the 2nd booking is where all the blame should be. Id suggest the chances of Kamara screaming one into the net if McGreggor just leaves him would be extremely low.

Apparently under the new rules he shouldn't have been booked given the ref played advantage at the 2nd yellow. Dunno if that's right or not but it certainly doesn't excuse the dick making another stupid challenge. Frankly he's been a liability defensively all season and has easily cost us about 8 goals. It's frustrating as I like him as a player generally but he's had a shocker of a season. 

2 minutes ago, Montrose97 said:

That's my point mate. Go back a year and Scotland had a group of decent players from Celtic - we're not exactly awash with quality and on current form, as you say, take these guys out of the options available, it makes us weaker.

You have to go with the guys on form though. My fear is Clarke will be loyal to those who got him there. In the Euros, out of that group you've mentioned, I honestly think only Forrest has anything to offer at that level. 

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Apparently under the new rules he shouldn't have been booked given the ref played advantage at the 2nd yellow. Dunno if that's right or not but it certainly doesn't excuse the dick making another stupid challenge. Frankly he's been a liability defensively all season and has easily cost us about 8 goals. It's frustrating as I like him as a player generally but he's had a shocker of a season. 

Not aware of any new rule like that. As far as im aware you can be booked at anytime. 

I have something at the back of my head that says you cant play advantage for a straight red though. Although I could be making that up.

12 hours ago, slasher said:

Away n shite, Defoe is slower than a week in the jail 🙄

Fair enough if Defoe did him in a sprint, but Defoe is similar to Boyd and McCoist in their 30's - wee quick switches, still fast feet and instinct to get shots away at exactly the right time. I've not seen Welsh that much but Defoe is still a formidable penalty box striker.

22 hours ago, slasher said:

Away n shite, Defoe is slower than a week in the jail 🙄

Haha,, you may well be right, one thing is for sure tho, we need pretty much a whole new defence next season, and a midfield and a strike force, get those three wee things right an we're sorted.

17 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Haha,, you may well be right, one thing is for sure tho, we need pretty much a whole new defence next season, and a midfield and a strike force, get those three wee things right an we're sorted.

You forgot a new keeper! 

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You forgot a new keeper! 

Just you fuckin wait. We will be back to the top. Enjoy yir 1 Covid tainted league title in yor 9 year existence. Eddie Howe is gonnae rip Slippy G a new arse next season. Glasgooooooooooows Green and White !!!!!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

I could be completely wrong, but I don’t see the fascination with Eddie Howe, he was a decent manager, but his transfer signings were dubious at best, he wasted massive amounts of money on pish players, he couldn’t handle big players and was tactically naive at times. 

If Celtic were waiting for Koop or Guardiola like a teenage fan girl, I’d understand, but Eddie Howe, man up and tell him to GTF. 

22 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I could be completely wrong, but I don’t see the fascination with Eddie Howe, he was a decent manager, but his transfer signings were dubious at best, he wasted massive amounts of money on pish players, he couldn’t handle big players and was tactically naive at times. 

If Celtic were waiting for Koop or Guardiola like a teenage fan girl, I’d understand, but Eddie Howe, man up and tell him to GTF. 

We shall post this again when Celtic win the next treble, and mibbee CL under Eddie Howe... 🙂🙂🙂👀👀👀🍺🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Thought it was just me. Couldnt care less either way but I reckon the Howe thing will be an epic disaster. 

On 5/2/2021 at 10:51 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Commmmmmmmmmmmme Onnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!COYBIG !!!!!!!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪💪💪💪💪💪🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Can we now start a celtic in crisis thread?

On 5/4/2021 at 3:13 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Can we now start a celtic in crisis thread?

Wow. One league title in 10 years rangers have won, just knocked out the Scottish Cup, knocked out the league Cup, and you have the nerve to say Celtic are in crisis? We are miles ahead of rangers, and financially sound... One bad year does not put us in crisis ya idiot...

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wow. One league title in 10 years rangers have won, just knocked out the Scottish Cup, knocked out the league Cup, and you have the nerve to say Celtic are in crisis? We are miles ahead of rangers, and financially sound... One bad year does not put us in crisis ya idiot...

The blind leading the blind. Rangers are by far on top again (23 POINTS AND COUNTING). Playing and financial. I know it is hard for you to take ramy after a one horse race for last 9 years after rangers got unfairly sent down. But now we are back at the top of the tree kid where we belong. You need to be man enough to take it. Your team need gutted from top to bottom. You got away with it as the were no challengers. Now you have and been exposed. Eddie who? Sorry Eddie How. Another John Barnes if you ask me. No credentials and doesn't know Scottish football. 

22 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

At Celtic it does.

Easy Graham Legget. Losing the league to a club that is only 10 year old is wrong, but to say we are in crisis? Give me a fu kin break. We will hump the rangers next season and return to the top where we belong...

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The blind leading the blind. Rangers are by far on top again (23 POINTS AND COUNTING). Playing and financial. I know it is hard for you to take ramy after a one horse race for last 9 years after rangers got unfairly sent down. But now we are back at the top of the tree kid where we belong. You need to be man enough to take it. Your team need gutted from top to bottom. You got away with it as the were no challengers. Now you have and been exposed. Eddie who? Sorry Eddie How. Another John Barnes if you ask me. No credentials and doesn't know Scottish football. 

Unfairly sent down??????????? Your  club fuckin cheated, what????? You are the embarrassment of Scottish football!!!! Pay your fuckin bills like every other club in Scotland ya fuckin idiot....