The Mighty Celtic... - Page 213 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

Looks like Howe has been given everything he's asked for. Could be announced this week 👍 I'm genuinely enthusiastic about this appointment if, as it appears to be, it's backed with significant finance. 

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

Looks like Howe has been given everything he's asked for. Could be announced this week 👍 I'm genuinely enthusiastic about this appointment if, as it appears to be, it's backed with significant finance. 

Happy Easter to you and the good lady slasher I did say to your good self a number of weeks back that Eddie Howe was your man he’ll do a great job for sure at Celtic wonder if his neighbour in canford cliffs talked him into the job a certain mr souness 

Just now, wheres the pies said:

Happy Easter to you and the good lady slasher I did say to your good self a number of weeks back that Eddie Howe was your man he’ll do a great job for sure at Celtic wonder if his neighbour in canford cliffs talked him into the job a certain mr souness 

Cheers bud, a happy Easter to you and yours, hopefully the good weather holds a wee bit longer. 

Howe has definitely done his homework on us which augurs well for what lies ahead 👍

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Cheers bud, a happy Easter to you and yours, hopefully the good weather holds a wee bit longer. 

Howe has definitely done his homework on us which augurs well for what lies ahead 👍

Meet Eddie Howe down here a few times over the years a real down to earth guy 

3 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm a reader aboot here, no a contributor, curious, what did he ask for?

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

I'm a reader aboot here, no a contributor, curious, what did he ask for?

The sort of stuff that comes naturally to most clubs that don't have a 'Peter Lawwell'. eg control over backroom appointments, the final say on player transfers & an agreed net spend in the transfer market. 

1 hour ago, robbo cop said:

Welcome back Ramy! Were you in solitary?

Aye pal, 7 days. Was good though, 7 days I didnae have tae listen tae that haverin cnut DD... Have tae watch what I say noo.. The Modfather is watchin...😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aye pal, 7 days. Was good though, 7 days I didnae have tae listen tae that haverin cnut DD... Have tae watch what I say noo.. The Modfather is watchin...😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ramy, yer obviously a decent lad but you really need to let this go. 

2 posts in and you've went straight at it again. Let it go and move on 👍🏻😎

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Ramy, yer obviously a decent lad but you really need to let this go. 

2 posts in and you've went straight at it again. Let it go and move on 👍🏻😎

You are right mate. It's off my chest. Time to move on and enjoy the board.. If the Mods are reading this, apologies. Scotland Forever...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You are right mate. It's off my chest. Time to move on and enjoy the board.. If the Mods are reading this, apologies. Scotland Forever...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

👍🏻 

Eddie howe would be a great catch for celtic if they land him. 

40 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Here comes the obsession again, stop blaming me for your shortcomings and block me if you don’t like what I post instead of flying back in and abusing me. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Here comes the obsession again, stop blaming me for your shortcomings and block me if you don’t like what I post instead of flying back in and abusing me. 

This will be the last time I will ever engage with you regarding an arguement, so I will set it straight from my end. You have hounded and abused me for ages, it's wrong. You dislike me, that's fine. You have had me suspended twice in 3 weeks. I'm done. I enjoy this board, I will not let myself get caught up in your childish games anymore. The folk on this board do not need this repetitive argueing and abuse from you, and me, I am guilty aswell.. So going forward, I will endure to abide by the rules of this fine board, and respect the opinion of others. In saying that, I do not like you, never have, never will, I will however show the board the respect it deserves, and I hope you do the same.. Best of luck to Scott Brown with AFC, you are lucky to have him....   BR 1314

43 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

👍🏻

Eddie howe would be a great catch for celtic if they land him. 

I hope so. Done some research on his past, and he ticks all the boxes. He is a hands on manager, works with players individually, and likes to give the youngsters a chance if they warrant it.  It is good for Celtic, and good for young Scottish talent coming through.. Cheers. V..👍

14 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Eddie Howe apparently “not close to joining any club” and his plan remains to be out of football till at least the summer. 

Read that. As long as he remains commited to Celtic, I'm ok with it.. Bloody rumours are doing my head in...

42 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Read that. As long as he remains commited to Celtic, I'm ok with it.. Bloody rumours are doing my head in...

If he has been offered the Palace job he would be better off taking that gig. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If he has been offered the Palace job he would be better off taking that gig. 

All depends what his ambition is. Celtic is a massive  club. He will win trophies and have European football every year. He will not have that at CP.. Time will tell I suppose.. 

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

All depends what his ambition is. Celtic is a massive  club. He will win trophies and have European football every year. He will not have that at CP.. Time will tell I suppose.. 

At CP be won't have the old firm baggage to worry about. He will be much closer to his home.

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Unfortunately a lot of people see managing a team in the bottom half of the EPL as a more attractive proposition (both in terms of stature and finance) than managing up here regardless of the team.  That's not to say Howe won't end up at Celtic but it wouldn't surprise  me if he chose a Palace over Celtic (or Rangers).

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

At CP be won't have the old firm baggage to worry about. He will be much closer to his home.

That is actually a very good point. I would love to know who started this rumour. I like him, that's why I'm annoyed..🙂

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Unfortunately a lot of people see managing a team in the bottom half of the EPL as a more attractive proposition (both in terms of stature and finance) than managing up here regardless of the team.  That's not to say Howe won't end up at Celtic but it wouldn't surprise  me if he chose a Palace over Celtic (or Rangers).

Fair point, I know what you mean..👍