The Mighty Celtic... - Page 204 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Not sure. Because he was a huffy wee kid who would be more than happy to dish out stick but couldn't take it back, would be my guess. 

I thought he was an awful poster who took his sad wee grudges in to every thread. Who acted like he was the biggest Scotland fan in the world and anyone that disagreed with him was a lesser fan. I christened him "Mr Scotland" because of this. 

Why does what team he support have anything to do with me? What DD was saying has nothing to do with me. I wasn't involved in the conversation at all. You have an issue with him, take it up with him. It's nothing to do with me. 

As I said, you want to divide people up in to wee cliques. You do it to wind folk up. That's the only possible reason I can find. You bang on about not caring about who someone supports yet bring it up ALL THE BLOODY TIME. 

Stop doing that and stop winding folk up for no reason ffs  

You just ignoring this @Rolling hIlls

At least it shows you're just a troll

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I think Lampard would be more likely for the Rangers job once Gerrard goes.  Apparently the names in the frame are Howe or Larrson (according to Talksport).

I hope it's not Larsson. He is a legend with us and I think him steppin in now would be terrible for his legacy if it went sour. Dont think his managerial stint in Sweden went that well anyway.. I dunno, I'm hearing Klopp and Mourhino now..🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why are you so nasty?  Did you smile on xmas day when you opened your presents?  For once go and say a nice thing on here.

Are you going to respond to the post? Or are you content to just accept that you're nothing but a troll? 

I guess it depends on what the board want. Due to the dynamics of Scottish football whoever manages Celtic will have a good chance of winning lots of trophies.  So is it how far you want to go in Europe/have to win the league in which case you go for experience (Benitez type or Clarke) or style of play (likes of Lampard, Howe)?

Edited by Hertsscot

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He's also not won the league when Queens Park weren't in it...

Can you not just let me have one post where I get to cast aspersions on Lennon's credentials as a Manager without having to get all factual and....Parklife on me?  Just one!!! :P

Will be interesting to see who Celtic go for. They wont get a top manager like Benitez and I think its highly unlikely they will go for an inexperienced manager like Rangers did with Gerrard. 

Somebody like Howe would be ideal I think. Is young but has decent experience, plays an attractive style of football and currently out of a job. Would be attactive to him as its a huge step up in terms of club size and gives him a chance to win tropheys and manage in Europe. 

The expectations at the Old Firm are good for managers who are looking to go onto bigger things. I think its underestimated how different the mentality and demands at these clubs are comparred to others.

23 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I guess it depends on what the board want. Due to the dynamics of Scottish football whoever manages Celtic will have a good chance of winning lots of trophies.  So is it how far you want to go in Europe/have to win the league in which case you go for experience (Benitez type or Clarke) or style of play (likes of Lampard, Howe)?

That's a very good point. Some managers want to win trophies, thatbis a certainty at Celtic. Other managers want the challenge of building a competitive European side, but unfortunately, we do not have the money to attract the players that can compete at a European level.. Then again, the huns are doing well in Europe. I cant see the likes of Benitez, Mourihnio, Klopo, ever coming to Celtic, their wages alone would be off the charts. Steve Clarke is an interesting one, he is a Celtic man, but he is doing a great job with Scotland, and the baggage that comes with Celtic may not suit him... Anyhoo, should make for good reading the next few months.. 

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Can you not just let me have one post where I get to cast aspersions on Lennon's credentials as a Manager without having to get all factual and....Parklife on me?  Just one!!! :P

Haha sorry. As you were. 

As strange as this is, the one person everyone is overlooking is John Kennedy. I know folk are not happy at the moment with his appointment as replacement for now, but who knows. Nobody knows what his role was under Lennon, maybe they got on, maybe they did not? Maybe now that JK has full reign, maybe he will turn this round, who knows.. He has been at Celtic over 20 year now, so he knows the club inside out. I read an article on why Damian Duff left Celtic, it was because he was away from his family, fair play, he also said in the same interview that John Kennedy was one of the best coaches he had ever worked with. So who the fuck knows... 

Reading between the lines.... if we are going down the director of football route I don't imagine there will be any appointment till that's sorted. I would also imagine it'd be more likely to be a highly regarded coach than a big name. 

That said nothing would surprise me the way Celtic has been run over the last couple of years 🙄

Often clubs go after former players, mostly doesn't work out and club legend becomes figure of contempt/hate/derision etc.  Struggling to think of too many Celtic players who have gone into management, Lambert and Coyle were once well highly thought of but their stars are very much in the decline, same with McGhee.  Roy Keane has experience of management but wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.  Out of ex-Celtic players the best would be Moyes but would he go from West Ham?

36 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Often clubs go after former players, mostly doesn't work out and club legend becomes figure of contempt/hate/derision etc.  Struggling to think of too many Celtic players who have gone into management, Lambert and Coyle were once well highly thought of but their stars are very much in the decline, same with McGhee.  Roy Keane has experience of management but wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.  Out of ex-Celtic players the best would be Moyes but would he go from West Ham?

Please take McGhee a legend in his own mind, just for the entertainment factor for all non Celtic fans.

The sporting director thing will be interesting. 

Often they coincide with head coach types rather than a manager. Celtic is the type of club that always need a manager imo. A strong person that everybody knows is in charge.

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Please take McGhee a legend in his own mind, just for the entertainment factor for all non Celtic fans.

Don't think he'd be interested, he'd see it as step down from his current job, as assistant manager at Stockport County.

Ramy.  Made my mind up.  I think I would go for John Kennedy tbh.  And I still disagree with the Dons fans about McKinness..  Rangers have exceeded themselves tihs season yes.  It was time for Lennon to move on yes.  Still disagree about McKinness though.  But in Celtic I would go for Kennedy,  And good luck to Lennon wherever he goes.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Ramy.  Made my mind up.  I think I would go for John Kennedy tbh.  And I still disagree with the Dons fans about McKinness..  Rangers have exceeded themselves tihs season yes.  It was time for Lennon to move on yes.  Still disagree about McKinness though.  But in Celtic I would go for Kennedy,  And good luck to Lennon wherever he goes.

Hope Lennon doesn't end up in Canada.  I will tell him about a guy who is 5 foot 8 with his hands up.

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Martinez being mentioned, Really? he manages a team would could actually win the Euros, why would he take a step down to manage Celtic

Found that strange myself.  Can only assume it's the Shaun Maloney connection.  Can't see it happening at all.