The Mighty Celtic... - Page 166 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Why should he go back to Lurgan ? He hasn't lived there since he was a teenager, he has lived in England and Scotland since then.

Ramy, I assume you are familiar with Celtic's history and how the whole club came about because of the huge Irish diaspora that came to Glasgow for a better life and how many Scots way back then treated the Irish appallingly.

Do you think telling someone to "go home" to another country is a clever thing to say ? I don't.

Oh ffs, it's a comment. Well, apparantly I'm a racist anyway. I'm sick of Lennon, sick of him to no end. He is ruining my club, so yes, he can fuck.off back to Lurgan.. Oh, and I am familiar with our history, thank you very much....

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh ffs, it's a comment. Well, apparantly I'm a racist anyway. I'm sick of Lennon, sick of him to no end. He is ruining my club, so yes, he can fuck.off back to Lurgan.. Oh, and I am familiar with our history, thank you very much....

But he's lived in England and Scotland since he was a teenager ? Why bring Lurgan into it.

You might run into someone one day (bigger than you) who won't take kindly to a stupid comment like that.

My folks came from Cavan and Ulverston. Should I "go home" to County Cavan, Ireland or Cumbria, England ?

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

But he's lived in England and Scotland since he was a teenager ? Why bring Lurgan into it.

You might run into someone one day (bigger than you) who won't take kindly to a stupid comment like that.

My folks came from Cavan and Ulverston. Should I "go home" to County Cavan, Ireland or Cumbria, England ?

Oh ffs, get a grip. My Dad was born in Belfast for ffs. Are you serious?  Go wherever the fuck you like pal, it's a free country...

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh ffs, get a grip. My Dad was born in Belfast for ffs. Are you serious?  Go wherever the fuck you like pal, it's a free country...

I'm just pointing out that telling people to "go home" to another country, which they haven't lied in for a long time, when their home is here is quite a stupid thing to say.

Btw did anyone else see the revelations about that "Paul the Tim" oddball last night ? 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

37 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Why should he go back to Lurgan ? He hasn't lived there since he was a teenager, he has lived in England and Scotland since then.

Ramy, I assume you are familiar with Celtic's history and how the whole club came about because of the huge Irish diaspora that came to Glasgow for a better life and how many Scots way back then treated the Irish appallingly.

Do you think telling someone to "go home" to another country is a clever thing to say ? I don't.

Maybe some Canadians have told ramy to go home to Glasgow 🤯

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Maybe some Canadians have told ramy to go home to Glasgow 🤯

I found it really odd that someone who claims to know Celtic's history and the reasons for their founding should openly call for the manager to go back to a country he hasn't lived in since the eighties. :wacko:

An eye opener indeed.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I found it really odd that someone who claims to know Celtic's history and the reasons for their founding should openly call for the manager to go back to a country he hasn't lived in since the eighties. :wacko:

An eye opener indeed.

It’s maybe a North American thing, Trump said the same thing to some women democratic senators recently. Telling Lennon to get out of his beloved club should have sufficed without the Lurgan bit.

5 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

It’s maybe a North American thing, Trump said the same thing to some women democratic senators recently. Telling Lennon to get out of his beloved club should have sufficed without the Lurgan bit.

I'm going to fuck off back "home" to Ulverston then before Ramy gets me in that case !

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

My apologies if I offended anyone with my "Lennon fuck off back to Lurgan" comments. Maybe a wee bit over the top, I never meant any harm. Just extremely annoyed with him. In any case, he can just " fuck off out my club" that sounds better.. 

Lennon grew up a Celtic supporter.  Captained the club.  Managed the club.  Got bullets through the post and stood up to it all.  But naw, that doesn't matter because it is your club.  Eejit.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Lennon grew up a Celtic supporter.  Captained the club.  Managed the club.  Got bullets through the post and stood up to it all.  But naw, that doesn't matter because it is your club.  Eejit.

Fuck off back to yir Glenlivet ya pisstank. So Lennon should stay then? Pumped out Europe, Pumped out League Cup, 20 points behind Rangers, player issues, club in disarray, Aye, let's keep him. Listen you fuckin idiot, I know what he has been through, I know he bleeds Celtic, but he is arrogantly ruining my club..  I dont even know why I even respond to you anymore...

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck off back to yir Glenlivet ya pisstank. So Lennon should stay then? Pumped out Europe, Pumped out League Cup, 20 points behind Rangers, player issues, club in disarray, Aye, let's keep him. Listen you fuckin idiot, I know what he has been through, I know he bleeds Celtic, but he is arrogantly ruining my club..  I dont even know why I even respond to you anymore...

I never Mcoist was never a manager.  But he never received the venom that Lennon is getting.  History is there though.  Fergus McCann saved your club from extinction.  When he came back to unfurl the flag he got booed by the support.  Explain that from the greatest fan and you.  Ramy who obviously owns Celtic as it is your club.  Albeit watching from a wee csc in Canada.  God, just got it.  Fergus McCann is from Canada.  Is that you???

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ramy for someone who uses the word banter frequently you seem to get awfully easily wound up whenever anyone says anything about Celtic you don’t agree with. 

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Ramy for someone who uses the word banter frequently you seem to get awfully easily wound up whenever anyone says anything about Celtic you don’t agree with. 

That's not true. RH is a fuckin idiot. Anyone else I will argue with. You're alright by the way pal..👍

21 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Ever consider toning it down?

Nope,.not when someone insults my Scottish heritage, and is disrespectful.  I am a very, very proud Scot, disrespect my country, and I will deal with you.. Right or wrong, that's who I am..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

24 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Can you see that other folk might see that as OTT, though?

I do yes Scotty. Its who I am though. I'm the nicest chap you will ever meet, you met me in Toronto years ago, we got on great. Thing is, folk can have an opinion on me living in Canada, being from Scotland. If you dont like it, that's fine, just dont be rude or get in ma face with it, which has happened in the past. I have been insulted wearing my kilt, "nice skirt" that will not, and has not gone down well with me. If you want to insult me, have the balls to back it up, simply because I wont walk away.. It goes both ways Scotty my friend.. Too old for that nonsense now anyway..😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage, however, we (arguably) live in the best country in the world.

The question is... Do you big up Canada, too?

If someone was always telling me how great Latvia was (for example) and was always ramming (no pun intended) Latvia down my throat, then the thought of "Well, why don't you move there, then" would cross my mind too.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage, however, we (arguably) live in the best country in the world.

The question is... Do you big up Canada, too?

If someone was always telling me how great Latvia was (for example) and was always ramming (no pun intended) Latvia down my throat, then the thought of "Well, why don't you move there, then" would cross my mind too.

I dont ram it down anyone's throat. Canada is a great country, it has been great to me, I have also been good to Canada with the fuckin taxes I pay. I dont consider myself Canadian, I'm Scottish... Some folk have a problem with that, well fuck them... Its my life, it's my choice, I pay my taxes, obey the law, and I respect this great country Canada, but my heart is in Scotland, always has been, and always will be.. Mind you, being fae Glasgow, I am a bit of a nutter, I wont deny that. No ma fault, I blame ma Da.. Now HE was a nutter. GRHS.. He grew up in Blackhill... Anyhoo, back on topic, COYBIG !!! 😉😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 2/11/2021 at 5:50 PM, Fairbairn said:

To think he constantly claims not to abuse anyone on the board, he’s probably the one that can pull an insult against anyone when they dare mention Celtic. It’s hilarious and he’s far too dumb to see it. 

TAMB bingo coming up next, he’ll now ask if I’m at the bingo or if I’ve got Wi-fi in my pram, he’s as predictable as he is stupid.